UbiKeeba's Avatar Community Manager

Season 2 Track Pack Correction

Greetings Riders,

In a recent social media post promoting Trials Rising’s season 2, Medieval Motor Mayhem, there was incorrect information regarding the upcoming Track Pack. Track Packs in Trials Rising are small packs of new tracks created by the Trials Rising level team that will be released during a season similar to other seasonal content drops like new bike skins and rider outfits. In the post that appeared on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts the upcoming Track Pack was incorrectly labeled as “free”. Track Packs can be acquired with Acorns which can be collected in-game by finding hidden collectibles and completing certain contracts throughout the career mode or purchased for convenience. We apologize for this misunderstanding and are taking steps to ensure that moving forward the information shared on official channels is accurate. Further details about Season 2’s Track Pack will be shared closer to its release later in the season.

Regards
    Trials Community Team

I can't even afford the shopping cart and now you're releasing track pack for acorns? How will I be able to compete on global leaderboards when I will be missing 5 tracks, a whole 1 million worth of score? I'm really disappointed, hoped Rising wont become as cash grabbing as frontier did (In Frontier at least you can get new tracks by participating in events for free, but now in Rising you actually have to pay real money to get new tracks, as if paying for 2 DLCs wasn't enough yet..................)

And yes, I've completed every single contract in the game and collected every single squirrel and spent all of the acorns in gear store so there's not a single way to get acorns for free in the game anymore
     6 people found this helpful

That’s fine I’ll buy it. You guys really need the money more than me. Why don’t you just add a donate button here on your site? I’m sure we’d all love to help out. You should start a patreon too
     3 people found this helpful

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird there's no mention of paying for tracks when Season 2 is announced, then people spend their limited acorns on the shopping cart, and now the tracks cost acorns (money)? Safe to say most people would've got the tracks > cart if they'd known.

They 100% intentionally didn't release the tracks and cart at the same time, or they would have. The reasons? Something happened to the tracks? Planned trick? Or they noticed something with the cart and acorn usage and decided to change their minds?

I'm probably talking out my ***. But the timing of everything is... strange.
     2 people found this helpful

Rworqx's Avatar Junior Member
    ...sigh... Ah **** here we go again. Begging for money when the ... Rest of message cost 5.99€

yeah, just collect the acorns for free in game. except the game launched with nothing but dances and ******** buyable with acorns, waited until everyone has had time to spend all the free ones, then started putting bikes and tracks behind a paywall. the reason i bought the "gold" edition is so i could sidestep being hit up for more money every time i launch the game like some awful mobile f2p garbage.

There used to be a time that when devs made tracks (outside of dlc), they would upload them to track central for free. It gave the impression that they built for the love of the game and actually enjoyed doing it from time to time.

Charging people acorns for these non-dlc tracks imo says 'We here at RedLynx aren't building tracks because we enjoy it. We aren't here doing anybody any favors. We're here for one thing only, money.'

And a lot of us bought the season pass under the impression that we wouldn't need to buy more tracks along the way. Now we're told about this 'track pack' that costs additional money and it feels pety.

I have a ton of respect for RedLynx and their devs, both past and present. But nickel and diming your player base, your community... Why?
     1 people found this helpful

You gotta look at it this way, if you know games always add content over and over regardless of this then you should be the ones to say I ain't getting it.

You had over 120 tracks from the base game alone when it was released and you bought that.

5 tracks for acorns isn't bad depending on what the price is, which we don't even know yet. And it is an in game currency that can be earned through contracts not just bought. And not only that but by obtaining the squirrels too. If you spent them all willy nilly then that is on yourselves too.

You don't have to go buying stuff all the time for stuff that you may and may not use.

You can level up and get your gear crates and unlock other cool dances and what not for Trials gear credits. Or whichever you cool kids are into these days.

The problem is absolutely not with paying to get tracks. Of course the game costs money, the season pass costs money, the devs do work to make the stuff and I'm happy to buy it as long as it's good. And the problem isn't with spending "willy nilly". I haven't spent any of the acorns from the campaign and have over 300 of them. The issue is with obfuscating the cost of the game and the type of content that will be available through microtransactions. It's very common in f2p design to front load opportunities to earn free currency to make the monetization model seem fair and get people in the habit of buying stuff, then cut off the free stuff once you're invested in the game. It's also the case that games use premium currency systems instead of putting real money prices on things to obfuscate how much things cost and how much you've put into the system. Ever notice how everything in f2p games costs 800 credits, but you can only buy 500 or 1000 credits. Then you're left with 200, but the cheapest thing costs 300, so you have to buy 500 more to spend the leftover and then you're left with another odd balance tempting you to buy more so it doesn't go to waste. It's all manipulative junk that doesn't respect the intelligence or the time or the money of the people that are supposed to actually be getting something positive out of playing the game.
     3 people found this helpful

Very very true MrJorts. I played Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Trials Frontier, Kingdom Hearts Union Cross for 100s of hours each. But then you hit a pay wall. Kept missing tracks on Frontier, couldnt beat current content with party on FFRK, and KHUX is its own thing. 'Gacha' Gaming is at its core, manipulative and predatory. Im hoping that Rising gets away from this model, but its tough. They're not quite there yet, but threading a thin line to be sure.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►