As for Minotaur.....there are dozens of miles unexplored underground tunnels under Crete. Huge labyrinth with huge halls inside. Not for tourists. It's difficult to get there...most of the entrances were sealed, cemented or behind the bars.

Oh I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't enjoy fighting the Minotaur or Medusa, hell, that fight with Medusa was intense as hell and it took me quite a few tries to take her down. According to steam I have 566 hours into Odyssey, so to say that I don't enjoy it is ridiculous. I effing love this game, I just have these few nit picks.

Like the parkour for instance, no I don't expect every setting to be crowded cities with tons of things to do Unity style, but the whole point of parkour is getting from point A to B not only quickly, but with style and grace. Instead of simple jumping over a fence why not dive and roll, why not hand plant and spin over, I mean there are plenty of ways to put parkour in the game, it doesn't have to be a Unity clone it just has to be creative.

Yeah, I don't use the more fantastical horses or armors or anything I know it's all optional and it's fine I guess, but in my mind if you want to have a game like that, make a game like that, why put it in Assassin's Creed? I too climb down everything. It takes more time but at least i get to reclaim some of the realism.

As for bosses. That's the problem with most fiction, really, really good villains are hard to come up with. Not everyone can have the equivalent of Batman's rogues gallery, but a boss fight? We had several more realistic boss fights in the arena and meeting you know who from legacy of the first blade for the first time.

You know what really got me kind of upset though, that they admitted that they are going with Vikings next ... which is fine, but how effing long have we been crying out for Japan or China or Russia? I mean okay, you have Origins, you have Odyssey, you SHOULD go to back and tell Aya's story, if it was up to me. I mean the time after Cleopatra's death was a chaotic time and would be perfect for a telling of Aya and a young Assassin pupil. That way you'd have another saga out of this like you did the Ezio trilogy or the Kenway family. .... Yet were going to get Vikings? Oh great, there's something Assassin's Creed needs, Flying Valkyries, meeting Thor and maybe helping Odin kill off a few Ice Giants ....

Ghost416's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by TheShawnSaint Go to original post
    Instead of simple jumping over a fence why not dive and roll, why not hand plant and spin over
    They could do it Hot Fuzz style?

Ancient Greece theme - demanded myths and legends. Ancient Rome - not so much. But Vikings theme (if it will be) - also demands myths and legends! It can't be without it. Without it game won't be juicy and rich. All good games touching vikings had fantasy elements!

I think the parkour could be improved considerably. There's two directions you could go to make it better either

a) Stop trying to be smart - just dumb things down again to Unity levels where the player had more control, and control was explicit.
    or
    b) Be smarter - Train an AI with movements and intended outcome. Allow the setup of some common failure scenarios by recording where joypad input resulted in the undesired outcome and allowing a QA person to specify where they expected the character to end up instead and the previous couple of seconds of input and use that to train the AI better by iterating slight variations of setup until that behavior works. Then use the outcome to refine the parkour model till it really works intuitively.

The downside to the second option is that it might result in the odd situation where the character does something far more random than expected, but most of the time should feel better. It also would make it harder to refine motion/movement down the line (without retraining the AI with new settings for "feel"). The downside of the first option is that it makes the actual gameplay a little more clunky.

On the history stuff. I think regardless of historical accuracy we should have the option to sail The Argo in game. I would have loved to be able to expand your boat collection via theft too >

I don't mind the fantasy elements, in moderation. I figure they could be either Animus related or, better, virtual reality worlds created by Precursor technology - as in the Afterlife in Origins, where people's souls/memories are encountered in another realm. So a bit of Norse mythology in a Viking era AC game would be expected. After that, let's move east!

East.....Arabic Assassin's Creed would be colorful. Something like 1001 nights fairy tales!

if you play back AC BF when hacking Oliver PC you will found :-

patrilineal line:
    fifteenth century - Italian Renaissance
    sixteenth Century - Ottoman Empire
    Eighteenth Century -American Colonies /war for Independence.
    nineteenth century - New England and american Midwest

Matrilineal line:
    twelfth century - Holy land / Crusades
    Thirteenth century -Egypt and Northern Africa
    Fourteenth century - Ashikaga Shogunate in Japan
    Eighteenth century - France Revolution
    Nineteenth Century -Napoleonic Wars;Taiwan
    Twentieth Century - "summer of love" American Pacific Coast

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Originally Posted by jeff265 Go to original post
    if you play back AC BF when hacking Oliver PC you will found :-

patrilineal line:
    fifteenth century - Italian Renaissance
    sixteenth Century - Ottoman Empire
    Eighteenth Century -American Colonies /war for Independence.
    nineteenth century - New England and american Midwest

Matrilineal line:
    twelfth century - Holy land / Crusades
    Thirteenth century -Egypt and Northern Africa
    Fourteenth century - Ashikaga Shogunate in Japan
    Eighteenth century - France Revolution
    Nineteenth Century -Napoleonic Wars;Taiwan
    Twentieth Century - "summer of love" American Pacific Coast
    Interesting stuff, but there's no need to copy/paste this into multiple threads.

Thanks!