Tundra 793's Avatar Senior Member

Warrior's Den April 18th

Pardon my tardiness, got caught up at grandma's birthday party (grandma gets a little cray-cray after a couple of beers). Diving into the Den now, a bit late, but should be fully done shortly.

Recap

We got a Luc, on an couch.

Today's topics; New dialogue system, game updates, matchmaking and tournaments followed by a Community Corner. Gonna get links to everything relevant ASAP.

Next week's show will be in the new room, big show, lots of things to discuss.

Update on the responsive dialogue system;

Early test feedback before Marching Fire convinced the team to delay it and keep working on it.
    After this, they eventually concluded that the impact it would have on the game didn't merit the amount of work needed to actually build the system, so they instead decided to refocus on other projects for the game.

Arcade Weekly Quest; The Haunting of Dead Shades. Sounds reeeal spooky.

New weekly event; Breach warrior challenge. It's startin' tomorrow, April 19th, and runs through the week.

Content of the week; EXECUTIONS. 7000 Steel each, for all heroes. They are all, brutal.

They're rolling the execution video here, so imma take the time and get my **** together.

Matchmaking Update

Luc is joined by Jean-Francois (JF for short), a producer.

Since season 9 the developers altered how matchmaking works, to a mixed reception and unexpected issues arising that are still lingering to this day, we're now getting updates on where they stand on it now.

They will revert to the old system, but change the parameters used.
    For Season 2 of Year 3, based on 4 simulations they ran on the older system, they'll implement the metrics and configurations of the most succesful simulation to the main game. (I'll try to clarify, or get dev notes on the exact details later, for now just delivering the news as consicely as possible).
    But they expect a much better experience overall, and will keep working on it.
    Player MMRs will be reset for the new system.

I'll try to be much more specific a bit later, JF talks kinda fast, with an accent and is kinda vague, so I'm probably getting a few things wrong.

Tournaments (the longer transitions are a ****ing godsend when you have to recap live-ish)

Luc is joined by Klarissa Armada, new to the For Honor team, she moved from New York to Montreal for the gig.

She will be working on the competitive aspect, and support tournaments.

Klarissa's recapping past weeks tournaments, there's a lot of names of teams, players and such and I have no idea how to spell all of them, so if anyone wants to hear the tournament results, I'll get y'all timestamps for the important bits later.
    Recaps and details begin at about 19-20 minutes into the show.

2 upcoming tournaments for next weekend;

Epic Gaming Esports is presenting a 2v2 tournament for Xbox. This Saturday at 2 PM EDT. Prize is 100$. Standard rules. Details and contacts on Battlefy.

The Pit(?) is hosting a 2v2 Team Clash on Xbox on Wednesday April 24th at 7 PM EDT, one for EU and one for NA. Prize is bragging rights. Can't discern the contacts name, hopefully Insulin or Flow can write down the names for us.

If you have tournaments, clips etc. you can send them to the team at; forhonortournaments@ubisoft.com

Before the Corner begins, we get a very brief sneak peek at next weeks topic; Year 3 Season 2 Reveal Stream. There's a picture here, I will post as soon as I find one in the correct size, of the new Samurai, showing only the waist, a belt of scary doll heads and details of the axe.

Community Corner

And that's a wrap.

Again, sorry for being so late, had a much busier day than I planned, and feel free to yell at me if I'm missing critical details and I'll try to fix any mistakes.

The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Why are the executions 10k now? Will all executions now be 10k?

We also had a sweet pic of the new Samurai Look exciting

Thank you for the recap!

What exactly did they say about the dialogue system?
    I missed the stream.

Originally Posted by Siegfried-Z Go to original post
    We also had a sweet pic of the new Samurai Look exciting
    I think I saw the pic on Reddit. From the weapon/lower half of the character, right?
    Looks cool

Originally Posted by rottmeister Go to original post
    Thank you for the recap!

What exactly did they say about the dialogue system?
    I missed the stream.
    Edited the recap for clarity, but basically, they decided it wasn't worth the amount of time it would take to develop, so they're focusing on future seasons, events and features instead.

Originally Posted by Tundra 793 Go to original post
    Edited the recap for clarity, but basically, they decided it wasn't worth the amount of time it would take to develop, so they're focusing on future seasons, events and features instead.
    That's disappointing, I wish they would have chosen better voice actors from the beginning, it would have been nice to get the dialogue, it was a cool idea.

Originally Posted by Tundra 793 Go to original post
    Wait ... so is it completely dismissed now?
    Like we will never get it?

Originally Posted by Illyrian_King Go to original post
    It's on the back burner King! Indefinitely on hold it seems.

Originally Posted by Illyrian_King Go to original post
    I believe I captured Luc's words very accurately, and yes that was the impression I got from his statement.