1. #51
    Originally Posted by MCBooma16 Go to original post
    I also agree that if there are too many buffs to heavies, other parts of Valk's kit may need to be readjusted. That would indeed be a shame
    Everyone?

    I gave ideas on a GB heavy unique attack & option to use the deflect attack off light parry punish. No blanket heavy buff. No stamina buff. No Hyper armour. No Unblockables.

    I like Raimes ideas better than my own in this thread. I can admit it?
    Share this post

  2. #52
    Originally Posted by Sweaty_Sock Go to original post
    I won't bother point by point comparing the two, but basically raime trading guaranteed damage for utility. You want...

    Your complaints are above?
    Hahaha the most hypocritical Guy again.

    Ive made this post to point out all things that Valk doesnt have in her kit or some weaknesses she has.

    None of the points was things ive ask for her and anyone Who read this thread from the start know it.

    Ive already said a multiples time i only wanted :
    -Slight heavies dmg buff
    -Sweep recovery reduced or mixup himself improved (so more options)
    -Shield tackle buff

    -And maybe 2 Nice plus with a zone buff and a new parry option as her headbutt.


    Thats all and you know it.

    Dont act like a kid fishing random previous post which were made to answer to something else.

    Well try but nope.
    Share this post

  3. #53
    I feel I am listening to you , listen to you

    EDIT: look at my response times.. those posts FORMED my opinion in this thread, I just refer back to them because you seem to have a short memory

    We don't need to insult each other, and there is no imaginary point score system in this thread. You have said many, many things. I have tried to listen and offer polite disagreement. The point that you seem most annoyed at was a mention of skill but this was in response to your own statement to validate your arguments that you only convert 25% of your combo finishes - this I feel needed to be commented on if you are drawing your ideas from that level of failure.
    Share this post

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by Knight_Raime Go to original post
    Personally what i'd like:

    ~Shield tackle can be dodged out of again.
    ~Shield tackle during running blocks forward direction.
    ~Shield tackle can knock someone down if they're OOS.
    ~Heavy finishers get undodgable property.
    ~All of her attacks are 33ms faster except her 400ms top light mid combo.
    ~Sweep's recovery reduced slightly and given a variable input window.
    ~Shield bash input window getting a slightly bigger input window.
    ~Dodge attacks can be done 100ms into her dodge.
    ~Can input sweep with back GB mid combo.
    ~Guaranteed sweep attack damage nerfed.
    ~damage of heavies slightly increased.
    Dodging out of shield tackle again would be fine I suppose, but I think the devs designed that move to specifically be a large back-dodge/counter attack. I think the damage we get out it is rather lackluster since it mever tends to land, and sometimes a player's recovery beats the bash, which goes to show how slow the shield tackle still is.

    Shield tackle blocking forward direction: I suppose that's a pretty good idea, since it's so slow, perhaps that would be good to have.

    Knocking someone down with shield tackle when they're OOS: That would add some utility to 4v4s, but wouldn't be all that useful in 1's since it's slow, and the feint isn't all too convincing. Going into all guard, then immediately exiting the stance and inputting a forward dodge might trick a few people into thinking it's a bash, but it isn't all that useful against experienced players.

    Heavy finishers getting undodgeable properties: BP has this because of his 2 chain combos. That's what makes him rather fierce with his/her limited combos. The thing with Valk though is that if people try to dodge the light finisher or try and predict a sweep, the heavy finisher typically always hits them anyway... Trying to dodge a heavy on light attack timing is already a bad idea, and I think undodgeable heavy finishers would give her an annoying 33-33-33 attribute that nobody really wants to see in a character with 400ms lights. Not sure about this idea since her heavy finishers already work for when an opponent tries to dodge a light finisher.

    Light attacks 33ms faster except for mid top light: I think her lights are fine honestly. I wouldn't change them.

    Variable input on sweep and less recovery: I suppose variable input would work, but then we'd reach a level of annoyance similar to Conq. She would be a menace in 4's and I think it would allow Valk to push a level of uncertainty in her opponents that wouldn't be taken too nicely. We're basically talking about an enhanced delayed sweep, but with larger input windows.
    Shaolin has a similar level of recovery after a missed sweep. I noticed that the heros that have moves that get opponents on the ground have large recoveries, because this allows team members to get monstrous damage in on the downed opponent. In duals, though, even OOS opponents can get GBs off. Having large recovery is either balanced for the large damage the sweep gives or is too much since an OOS opponent can get a GB. Pick one.

    Shield bash getting a larger input window: I think the shield bash lands a fairly decent amount. I wouldn't say it's useless, because it isn't. People who make good reads then have to worry about Valk's followup light or heavy. Those that go for the light parry and Valk throws a heavy, Valk can now continue her chain and freak the opponent out since they failed the followup read. Adding another level of uncertainty would be Conq-level annoyance. Not something I think Valk needs with all the chains she has. You'd have to slow down her heavies to get a larger bash window.

    Dodge attack 100ms into dodge: Again, every chain possible, and this might allow her to control the pace if things are faster. She'd be an even better counter attacker with shield tackle buffs And a better side dodge.

    Sweep with back-GB mid combo: That's kind of broken. She would be annoying if players had to worry about a fast light followup or a sweep for mid combo. If I'm seeing this correctly, Valk can theoretically get one light attack off then immediately go to the sweep... The sweep right now acts as a finisher. Mid combo would mean the second attack out of three, so that would be annoying I think.

    Sweep nerf: If the aforementioned idea were a thing, for sure.

    Heavy damage increase: Only a tad. She doesn't need anything more than 25 off a GB, and nothing less than 35 for a finisher.
    Share this post

  5. #55
    Ubiflowessence's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    605
    Thanks for your responses guys! I'll add this to my report to share with the team to see what is possible to implement in the future!
    Share this post

  6. #56
    Originally Posted by Ubiflowessence Go to original post
    Thanks for your responses guys! I'll add this to my report to share with the team to see what is possible to implement in the future!
    Thank you that cool, i hope they will do something : P
    Share this post

  7. #57
    Originally Posted by MCBooma16 Go to original post
    Dodging out of shield tackle again would be fine I suppose, but I think the devs designed that move to specifically be a large back-dodge/counter attack. I think the damage we get out it is rather lackluster since it mever tends to land, and sometimes a player's recovery beats the bash, which goes to show how slow the shield tackle still is.

    Shield tackle blocking forward direction: I suppose that's a pretty good idea, since it's so slow, perhaps that would be good to have.

    Knocking someone down with shield tackle when they're OOS: That would add some utility to 4v4s, but wouldn't be all that useful in 1's since it's slow, and the feint isn't all too convincing. Going into all guard, then immediately exiting the stance and inputting a forward dodge might trick a few people into thinking it's a bash, but it isn't all that useful against experienced players.

    Heavy finishers getting undodgeable properties: BP has this because of his 2 chain combos. That's what makes him rather fierce with his/her limited combos. The thing with Valk though is that if people try to dodge the light finisher or try and predict a sweep, the heavy finisher typically always hits them anyway... Trying to dodge a heavy on light attack timing is already a bad idea, and I think undodgeable heavy finishers would give her an annoying 33-33-33 attribute that nobody really wants to see in a character with 400ms lights. Not sure about this idea since her heavy finishers already work for when an opponent tries to dodge a light finisher.

    Light attacks 33ms faster except for mid top light: I think her lights are fine honestly. I wouldn't change them.

    Variable input on sweep and less recovery: I suppose variable input would work, but then we'd reach a level of annoyance similar to Conq. She would be a menace in 4's and I think it would allow Valk to push a level of uncertainty in her opponents that wouldn't be taken too nicely. We're basically talking about an enhanced delayed sweep, but with larger input windows.
    Shaolin has a similar level of recovery after a missed sweep. I noticed that the heros that have moves that get opponents on the ground have large recoveries, because this allows team members to get monstrous damage in on the downed opponent. In duals, though, even OOS opponents can get GBs off. Having large recovery is either balanced for the large damage the sweep gives or is too much since an OOS opponent can get a GB. Pick one.

    Shield bash getting a larger input window: I think the shield bash lands a fairly decent amount. I wouldn't say it's useless, because it isn't. People who make good reads then have to worry about Valk's followup light or heavy. Those that go for the light parry and Valk throws a heavy, Valk can now continue her chain and freak the opponent out since they failed the followup read. Adding another level of uncertainty would be Conq-level annoyance. Not something I think Valk needs with all the chains she has. You'd have to slow down her heavies to get a larger bash window.

    Dodge attack 100ms into dodge: Again, every chain possible, and this might allow her to control the pace if things are faster. She'd be an even better counter attacker with shield tackle buffs And a better side dodge.

    Sweep with back-GB mid combo: That's kind of broken. She would be annoying if players had to worry about a fast light followup or a sweep for mid combo. If I'm seeing this correctly, Valk can theoretically get one light attack off then immediately go to the sweep... The sweep right now acts as a finisher. Mid combo would mean the second attack out of three, so that would be annoying I think.

    Sweep nerf: If the aforementioned idea were a thing, for sure.

    Heavy damage increase: Only a tad. She doesn't need anything more than 25 off a GB, and nothing less than 35 for a finisher.
    The blanket attack speed increase was one I was looking at and thinking maybe not - the shield bash I think is fine as it only guarantees a light so the allguard shouldn't make too much of a difference. You make a good point on the hvy finisher (i'm having flashbacks of shaolin haha) - although I do like raimes idea of adding utility rather than just damage

    In regards to sweep from neutral maybe change zone to allow softeinf into sweep - have its attack timing identical to heavy startup so you can smokescreen it into right heavy feints or potentially combos. Just a thought
    Share this post

  8. #58
    nice the typical response from ubi!!!!! now were getting somewhere! we would rather you just be honest with us if the team doesn't care about the valk. better than always saying ill tell the team. sweaty sock...just stop
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #59
    Also, I hate Valk's zone, too. Absolutely awful in duels and 4's. It's a DECENT minion clearer. I wouldn't change it but it isn't great.
    Share this post

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by Sweaty_Sock Go to original post
    I feel I am listening to you , listen to you

    EDIT: look at my response times.. those posts FORMED my opinion in this thread, I just refer back to them because you seem to have a short memory

    We don't need to insult each other, and there is no imaginary point score system in this thread. You have said many, many things. I have tried to listen and offer polite disagreement. The point that you seem most annoyed at was a mention of skill but this was in response to your own statement to validate your arguments that you only convert 25% of your combo finishes - this I feel needed to be commented on if you are drawing your ideas from that level of failure.
    You didnt refer back to yours but my comments.

    Of course we dont need to insult each other and thats not my intention. I am just Frank when i say you are Hypocritical because to me this is how you act.
    You clearly change your mind to an absolut no for most buff proposals for a big yes to mostly the same buff when you realize Raime also wanted it (Shield tackle Dodge, full block, Heavies dmg, sweep improvment and recovery ...) .

    While i remember you volontarly changing our words and try to makes these same things look like OP buff saying things like : "yes lets give her huge dmg, a cheesy sweep with no recovery" etc because to you Valk sweep was so high skills celling to Dodge do you remember ?

    And please dont talk about short memory when you volontary avoid most argue always with the same answer : "Valk sweep does a lot of dmg" and "some Valk players are good" ....

    I will explain again for you this 25% rate succes on her sweep that you like to put back in the discussion. I was not talking about my own succès with Valk, it was a random figue going with a long argue in order to show you why Valk sweep isnt an effective mix up despite all the options she has. Is it clear enough ?

    So dont worry i dont care if you talk about my skills, i just think its funny from someone Who think her sweep is hard to Dodge.
    Share this post