luftluuver's Avatar Banned
    http://www.novgorod.fio.ru/projects/Project1141/images/

Pics, maps, posters, etc from the GPW

zardozid's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks I have not seen a lot of these...

Thanks. I have an atlas of WW2 Battles but these are the real deal.

Nice Link. Thnx!

#1470 is an absolutely terrifying - or perhaps "terrier-fying" - shot of the Soviet Union's most dreaded secret weapon. The "Airedale Terrier and Guys on Bicycles Red Guards Shock Brigade". It's a little-known fact that this elite unit single-handedly turned back the Fascist Criminal Invaders at Stalingrad.

It's nice to see them finally get their due.

Interesting stuff....

#2 Should be the Mongolians.
    #3 Is definately Napoleon.
    #4 Are the Germans of the great war.
    #5 Are the nazis.

But who is the first invader?

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if the first invaders were the Holy Roman Empire. There was a Crusade to the Balkans at one time. If my sources were right, Prince Aleksander Nevsky stopped the German advance and shoved them right back.

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
    I wouldn't be surprised if the first invaders were the Holy Roman Empire. There was a Crusade to the Balkans at one time. If my sources were right, Prince Aleksander Nevsky stopped the German advance and shoved them right back.
    That's it, isn't there a famous Russian film from the 30s by the fellow who did "The Battleship Potemkin" about Nevsky, it's very evocative, Teutonic Knights and all that stuff, final battle on an icy lake, armoured knights end up going through the shiny white and all.

Originally posted by Ploughman:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
    That's it, isn't there a famous Russian film from the 30s by the fellow who did "The Battleship Potemkin" about Nevsky, it's very evocative, Teutonic Knights and all that stuff, final battle on an icy lake, armoured knights end up going through the shiny white and all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it matches the drawing perfectly Actually they were mostly Nordic countries participating in those crusades but under influence of the pope.

excellent pics! ty

each and every one of em is prime photoshop/caption materiel