Lens00140's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah page file does nothing if you have 16GB of RAM or more, the issue is the game not your pc
     1 people found this helpful

DX12 is a giant mess! It will CTD, or randomly stutter after 5m to 1h of gameplay. Just played for about 3.5h straight @ DX11 and had not had a single CTD or stutter. I did crash twice with DX11 yesterday and had about 3-4 stutters but no where as bad as DX12. It sucks because I lose a good 10-12fps, but at least no crashing or stuttering so far. I was reading the patch notes and nothing regarding stability for DX12, but lets fix exploits!

I do like the changes coming with the new patch but DX12 is unplayable! Also the page file tweak and every other one i have tried does NOT work.

FIX DX12 MASSIVE wtf. Xbox 1 uses DX12 so how can you not have it running stable on a windows 10 DX12 computer, when that is what the XBOX 1 is running.

/rant

Specs: R7 1700@3.2, 16GB DDR4, GTX1080 @ 2Ghz, 500GB SSD, Dell 1440p 144hz Gsync (Don't think my specs matter IMHO)

Still crashing with the new Nvidia drivers 431.36!!!

Originally Posted by jordyn_11 Go to original post
    DX11? and are you running Win10 1809 or 1903? I'm still on 1809 and haven't tried new drivers. Usually Nvidia knows when a hotfix is needed and releases it. Pretty damn sure it's not the Nvidia drivers. I never had this many crashes or stuttering on D1....

Both DX11 and DX12. I'm on 1903. Agree its not the drivers but Div 2 is specially called out in release notes. Still exactly the same symptoms occurring with every release since Patch 1.7 back in April or whenever that was released.

Both DX11 and DX12. I'm on 1903. Agree its not the drivers but Div 2 is specially called out in release notes. Still exactly the same symptoms occurring with every release since Patch 1.7 back in April or whenever that was released.
    I guess it doesn't matter what very Win10 you are running then or Nvidia drivers. Been playing for a over a month now and only had 2 days where it didn't crash. This freaken thread is huge, is massive going to fix this? Are you guys listening????

I had a few CTD where I could send a crash report but I haven't had that dialog box for a while. Very frustrating.

SuspiciousPixel's Avatar Senior Member
    The latest drivers do give a slight performance improvement however under open issues DX12 crashes for TD2 is still listed.
    Capping FPS to reduce CPU usage still is a workaround that works for me.

Capping FPS doesn't make a difference on my machine, nor do any of the other "solutions" listed in the thread. It's all putting lipstick on pig at this point. I still check in after each patch or driver update with the hope they have sorted their sh!t out, but to no avail to date. It's a fcuking joke at this point to be quite frank.

SuspiciousPixel's Avatar Senior Member
    Capping FPS doesn't make a difference on my machine, nor do any of the other "solutions" listed in the thread. It's all putting lipstick on pig at this point. I still check in after each patch or driver update with the hope they have sorted their sh!t out, but to no avail to date. It's a fcuking joke at this point to be quite frank.
    Yeah it sucks and workarounds are all system/configuration dependant. I have to cap my monitor to 100hz, ingame cap at 70hz, vsync off in nvidia control panel to lower the cpu usage and stop the crashes.

I played The Division 2 for some months now without any hassle on PC (Win 10 1809, Ryzen 7 2600X, 16GB, RTX 2080 Ti with latest drivers 431.36). Since a few days the game is crashing constantly back to desktop. It always seem like the window is switching from fullscreen to the tight bottom of the screen. After a few seconds the game window is gone.
    The crash happens sometimes after a few seconds in game, sometimes after a few minutes. Division 2 is unplayable this way. If you are lucky you can restart the game via Uplay, but after some restarts Uplay doesn't recognise that the game crashed and you have to restart the whole PC before you can try again.