Next Assassin's Creed game to be set in the viking age

There's a poster in the division 2 with a viking looking guy holding a spear and a apple of eden
    In the upper part of the poster is the word Valhalla( viking afterlife for brave warriors)
    So could this be the next assassin's creed game
    Totaly!!!
    I prefer vikings over rome
    Proof that this is true:
    Locations of the previous games were leaked in older ac games
    Ex: origins was leaked in black flag
    There's a kotaku journalist that leaked 5 or 6 previous ac games
    He said that the legion leak is fake
    There's artwork for a viking themed assassins creed
    All this results that it's very likely the next game will be set in the viking age
    Nothing confirmed tho
    I still think rome will be the next game but my opinion is divided
    50% rome
    50% Vikings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2KyRTzbcA

Who knows, rumors are rumors after all.

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Vikings or Rome, - I'm all in on both locations.
    My least fav. is anything Samurai/Ninja but I'll still play it =)
     1 people found this helpful

Assassin's at the time of the Vikings hmmm i thought Vikings were more honorable fighters then being assassins. At least that's what i know about Vikings they were not afraid of death as long as it was an honorable death. But maybe i am wrong and that there were cowardly Vikings as well … why not.

So my vote goes out to Rome.

I've seen this video by JorRaptor too. Shortly after watching it, told my friend to buy a new good PC to finally play new AC games XD

Still, I don't think that we're gonna see viking era in the next game. It has to be Rome. Let me tell you why.
    Telling the truth, we haven't seen the origins of Assassins. What we've seen in Origins game were just some sort of roots. Bayek and Aya aren't Assassins yet, so I think that there should be a straight strand between the names of "The Hidden Ones" and "Assassins". Also, we haven't seen how was the motto of Assassins created ("Nothing is true, everything is permitted") and three main rules of the Brotherhood.
    And, of course, we haven't seen the origins of Templars. The Ancient Ones are, well, look like stupid cult we've seen in Far Cry series. They don't look like the real enemies. As for me, true Templars have some other roots, and these roots can be truly connected to Jesus Christ, and I really hope that there will be some sections (maybe, like breaks from Unity) where you can visit the time when Jesus was alive and see, what really happened.
    As we can see, there are lots of plot holes, which should be fixed and called an Ancient Era of Assassin's Creed games.

Still, viking game can be a nice entry for the next-gen Assassin's Creed. Despite Unity was a good game, it is mostly known for its bugs and glitches. It was a completely new version of the Anvil Engine and it didn't really worked well.
    The viking setting is not something people want to see. I mean, really. Most people want Japan, but game in Japan just has to be something great and epic in the whole series. Viking setting can be a good platform to work out some mechanics and features.

And yes, we know that Ubisoft do not comment any rumors. They can even close this topic just because this can do something with their plans. So please, do not close it. It is okay to discuss player's discoveries in your games and look forward. Thanks!

Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member
    Just rumours.... Nothing but rumours. It would be more interesting to see an AC game set in Byzantium. There would be Vikings too, of course. The Varangian Guard of the Eastern Roman empire (Byzantium) was made up of Vikings and later Saxons... So, this hypothetical Byzantine game would combine Romans, Greeks and Vikings at the same time! Also, the map would be huge, including modern day Turkey, Greece and the rest of the Balkans...

NORSEMEN!

If I cannot pee on someone... There will be fire and burning in the community!

Originally Posted by NeoBeum Go to original post
    Yes

2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by NeoBeum Go to original post
    NORSEMEN!

If I cannot pee on someone... There will be fire and burning in the community!

I have to say that you are one disgusting human being.

Originally Posted by Cheyenne1894 Go to original post
    I have to say that you are one disgusting human being.
    Yeah well, it was kinda funny at first, but now he posts it everywhere and it is not funny anymore.

I would love the game in both Rome or in a vikings setting. I don't really mind. Medieval India would be also interesting.

ninja4hire10's Avatar Member
    When this idea of a Viking Age AC started get attention on here, I didn't dig it. Didn't make sense. But some of the more knowledgeable contributors on here offered some insight into what such a game would be like and I really warmed to it. All the pieces would be there: the sailing, the small villages, Norse gods and mythological monsters. I'd be surprised if we DON'T see a viking game at some point. And I know Feudal Japan tops a lot of player's must-go lists as far as AC settings, but it's my least favorite, seeing as how that Ghost of Tsuhima or whatever it's called it supposed to come out and that looks pretty much like an AC game, minus the lore. I'd still buy it and play it, though.

Who knows if Ubi puts little Easter eggs here and there? The viking Easter egg might only be a fun tease and not really be anything more than that. But I do so love all the fan speculation and rumors.

There still may be a little bit of truth to the 2020 Rome game as a way to close out the trilogy before introducing a completely revamped AC on the new consoles. which (I think) is Ash's current project.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last ►►