Fix for mouse stutter Problem caused by High CPU Usage

Hello Guys,

so i found a way to fix the mouse Stutter Problem which is caused of 100% CPU Usage of the game. As most of u know u cant change the Affinity of Division 2 while the game is running cause of Easy Anti Cheat. But what u can do is change the Priority of the Process in the registry. Just do the following command in a text editor and save it as an .reg file. Than execute it. It will set the priority of DIvision 2 to below normal. This causes the CPU to set the process which scans mouse input rate higher. And u wount have mouse stutter anymore caused by cpu USAge. This worked for me at least.

I do not want u to destroy ur game tho. Its just a tip from me. And using it is on ur own risk.

This is the registry entry i did to make the Process of division 2 below normal priority:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\TheDivision2.exe\PerfOptions]
    "CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000001
     11 people found this helpful

Thank you

Thank you so much for posting this. I have looked everywhere and tried everything and this is the only thing that worked.

UbiBasset's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Vartolu94, thank you so much for sharing this fix!
     1 people found this helpful

Thanks worked for me more than the devs done in the beta's

Thanks for this, I was having the same problem with Div1, but was unable to fix with Div2 due to the anticheat limitations. Not sure why this is occurring but a serious problem and makes the game almost unplayable with mouse/keyboard for me. The registry fix worked. In Div1 i was able to use Windows task manager to set low priority in the details options, but unable to do so with Div2.

youre welcome :-)

can't find that folder in the registry.
    could you please explain the procedure for a noob?

You have to create the entry for TheDivsion2.exe just copy paste what i wrote into a txt file and change the fileending to .reg. Than u can just doublelcick the file and it will execute and make the entry itself. Hope that helps if not come back to me :-)

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I've passed this mouse stuttering issue onto the team along with your workaround. Please note that we do not recommend changing registry files.

need further explantion please! have this problem but havent tuched the registery files or whatever no clue what im doin. so when im in there i have made a new mapfile that is called TheDivison2.exe and in there it says crate a key or DWORD and QWORD so i cant access the text file that i crated with CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000001. And i dont understand where i change the fileending to reg.

probably sounding totaly stupid but please help!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►