Inventory items replicating

Is anybody else having an issue where certain items in their inventory are multiplying. I can sell a lot of the items, but I eventually come across a lost contact error message. But the frustrating part is the bonus DLC (such as the ape suit Etc.) that cannot be sold but are still copying itself and taking up space

LostTechnique's Avatar Member
    Yes lots of people. Ubisofts response is they are aware of the issue but they do not have any further updates at the moment.
     1 people found this helpful

L0RDMelchett's Avatar Member
    Yep, me too. Although it means I have gained a couple of thousand $ selling all my duplicate gear so ... every cloud and all that.

UbiSnout's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by PapaSass Go to original post
    Is anybody else having an issue where certain items in their inventory are multiplying. I can sell a lot of the items, but I eventually come across a lost contact error message. But the frustrating part is the bonus DLC (such as the ape suit Etc.) that cannot be sold but are still copying itself and taking up space
    Hello PapaSass,

Indeed this problem has been reported and is under investigation. Thank you

I've yet to solve the multiple dlc gear problem, but I believe that I have found a method to avoid the 'connection lost' error when selling your items.

I've only been testing it on an xbox one, but I don't see why it wouldn't also work for all platforms.

When looking at all of the images of a given item, you should notice that the shade of each actually varies (albeit slightly), making each "duplicate"... unique.

For certain items, these differences can be quite difficult to see at first, but you are going to need to sell the one that is more vibrant and/or brighter than all of the others.

So long as you only sell that which is the most brightly pictured, I can happily guarantee that you will never run into that annoying error again!

However, this method can become a rather tedious challenge, especially if you have an excessively large quantity of multiples that you're trying to sell.
    Finding the single brightest image out of several dozen or more, say, sponsor gloves for example, at a mere 5 coins each, may hardly seem worth the hassle to you versus just trying to sell them off at random. Although, as your inventory space quickly clears up, I bet that you'll change your mind about that

Now, if you don't want to spend your time in Trials Rising comparing nearly identical images for their relatively subtle differences, or if you literally cannot make out which of the images is the brightest, it is still possible that whatever item you chose will be sold off without error anyway, even if it wasn't even the brightest one. I don't know how or why this occurs, but it's a ridiculous gamble that I'd rather no longer take.

If you're unlucky on your choice and end up with the error, try switching to a different item category to start selling again.

So far, and many, many items later, this has worked for me 100% of the time. Hope it helps you too!

Enjoy!

s0ad667's Avatar Senior Member
    My biggest problem was having to equip the squirrel helmet everytime i start the game, but today i got hit by this duplicating bug everyone talks about in here. Most of my items had dupes, and i was feeling special avoiding it all this time. I noticed when this happened, that some of my customized items were reset, like the gent shirt, whatever it is called, the shirt with the tie. And the land mine rim. Especially the custom gent shirt hurt, because it took me a while to edit it. And suddenly i was there with two copies of the original and nowhere my created one. Plus, the items that got reset keep showing that orange "loading" icon over them, like the proper item isn't loaded yet. Because of this i have hopes that i will get my custom shirt back, even if i don't know what will happen with all these dupes that i can't sell, equip or anything.

Items are duplicating again... I think it should be fixed faster this time as they already did it once.

Two quick tips for people having trouble with this:

- Share your items!!! You'll be able to download them for a few bucks in case they don't show up in your inventory..
    - Sell the cheaper duplicating items first. (this can take A LOT of time as the server connection error seems to show up even more this time and you'll need to restart the game to be able to sell more...hopefully). By doing this, you'll free up some space for the most expensives ones to duplicate and make a lot of money when the bug is fixed.