Thread: Developer Update: Spellbound | Forums

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: Spellbound

Hello there! Welcome to another brand new week in South Park! Itís me, Toller, and Iím here to bring you the latest info regarding Phone Destroyer! Letís get started, shall we?

THIS WEEK

THE SPELLBENDER CHALLENGE

If your fingertips tingle with magic then this is the Challenge for you! Each and every spell card will cost only one energy to use! So load up your decks with your best spells, but donít forget that your opponent will be doing the same thing. Be prepared to counter as well as cast!

Team Wars is also ongoing, so donít forget to collect all your Bottle Caps and upgrade your cards! Battle days will be here before you know it.

MANBEARPIG WEEKEND

Our weekend event will be bringing out the big guns! For those of you looking to score a copy of ManBearPig or Satan, get ready! Both will be up for grabs in this event, but as they are Legendary cards, they are not guaranteed. There will be no one theme featured in this event so no matter what kind of themes you like to use, youíll be able to find rewards for them. Best of luck to all of you!

This weekend will be a token collection event, meaning you can collect tokens from PvP lockers and PvP packs!

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 10
    2 50
    3 90
    4 170
    5 260
    6 410
    7 600
    8 925

TEAM REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 330
    2 950
    3 4125
    4 9000
    5 15000
    6 22500

UPCOMING BALANCE CHANGES

The end of the month is almost here, which means another season reset is just around the corner. Donít forget all players below 10,000 LSR will be reset to rank 50. This also means balance changes, as is tradition! Here is what you can expect to happen:

• Bounty Hunter Kyle- His base attack has been changed from 27 to 22, and his base HP has also changed from 127 to 105. He will also no longer boost auto-vacuums or drones.
    • Hallelujah- auto-vacuums and drones will no longer be healed by Hallelujah. The Max HP upgrade has also been removed.
    • Astronaut Butters and Hyperdrive- Their speed levels have been slightly increased.
    • Warboy Tweek- His speed boost will also be equal to Hyperdrive and Astronaut Butters. Additionally, his energy cost has been lowered from 4 to 3, his base attack has been raised from 16 to 20, and his base HP raised from 76 to 105.
    • Satan- His Warcry damage has been decreased from 250 to 180, and his base HP has been decreased from 999 to 666.
    • The Master Ninjew- His base attack boost, from his Warcry, has been decreased from 35 to 30.

Do you think we went too far? Not far enough? Let us know either way. Weíre always interested in your feedback.

That brings us to the end of another Developer Update! If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know! We love hearing from our New Kids.

Until next time, weíll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,
    -Your Community Team!

Hello

I don't see anything bad with those updates, it will be interesting to see how they play out. I would wish that you could include a table of the new stats at "normal level" as well as base.

Is there any information about what happened to Dwarf Engineer Dougie in the last update? His attack don't stack anymore.

Kind regards
    Hjallur14

I think Ninjew nerf won't make a difference tbh, less Hp maybe would. Hallelujah's nerf also won't make a difference since it's only strong because of the whole mystic legendary combination, it would need to be area restricted much like purify, etc. Didn't run the numbers for Satan but he'll probably still wreck havoc with the nerf, his warcry can't be countered with spells and that's also a reason why it's OP, there's not much value if you try to transmogrify or combust; it should be at least possible like with other warcries. Changes to Butters and Hyperdrive are ambiguos so not sure about those; I also don't have much experience with warboy Tweek but 2 to 4 seconds of hyperdrive, even with the cost drop, will hardly be competitive if his damage is still that low. I still have to try but that's my initial impression about it. I thought a card usage event was coming our way, oh well, boo token events?

Edit: ah right end of season, and I did ask for token event instead of the modified card usage event, nvm good call, but you still have to fix the token events to make it free to play users friendly.

Why tf would bounty hunter Kyle get a health boost? That's the number one issue with him is that he doesn't die.

Ey Toller, I think you went not that far.
    Satan is still too cheap for what he does, so are Pope and Zen.
    Hallelujah should be at least 5 energy or be an area spell.
    Bounty Hunter Kyle no need boost or nerf at all.

I'm liking a lot of the changes. BHK doesn't really need to have more health as he is a flyer though.

The biggest item a lot of teams are looking for is a way to see if someone has participated in battle days and scored 0 or if they didn't participate at all. Could we get even a check mark shown if they did complete their runs on battle days?
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by IrishManJMo Go to original post
    Why tf would bounty hunter Kyle get a health boost? That's the number one issue with him is that he doesn't die.
    That was my mistake! I had the numbers reversed.

He didnt? From 127 to 105. Thats a nerf bud

Originally Posted by Void_Away- Go to original post
    I think Ninjew nerf won't make a difference tbh, less Hp maybe would. Hallelujah's nerf also won't make a difference since it's only strong because of the whole mystic legendary combination, it would need to be area restricted much like purify, etc. Didn't run the numbers for Satan but he'll probably still wreck havoc with the nerf, his warcry can't be countered with spells and that's also a reason why it's OP, there's not much value if you try to transmogrify or combust; it should be at least possible like with other warcries. Changes to Butters and Hyperdrive are ambiguos so not sure about those; I also don't have much experience with warboy Tweek but 2 to 4 seconds of hyperdrive, even with the cost drop, will hardly be competitive if his damage is still that low. I still have to try but that's my initial impression about it. I thought a card usage event was coming our way, oh well, boo token events?
    Re Hallelujah, as above was gonna say the same thing. Just make it an area spell. Firstly so it doesn't make fireball look poor in comparison. Secondly because it requires cards to be played close together to use it, which should naturally be a weakness of Mystic anyway.

Bhk didnt really need a nerf or buff. Satan wasnt far enough. The card is instant value. Nobody will play him unless they are already taking out 6 energy worth of enemies (roughly 2 cards is all thats needed so thats super easy) and once he gets his warcry off, playing against him is always an energy loss. Even combustion becomes a -5 energy trade against satan if he hits 2 of your cards with his warcry. Plus his warcry range is still at least 2times too big. Maybe the insane damage wouldnt be as big of a deal if it didnt cover half the board. Ninjew probably wasnt far enough either but ill have to see how that scaled. An instant 100 damage boost is still too much at level 4. The rest are probably good changes

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►