Thread: New Game+: FAQ | Forums

UbiPhobos's Avatar Community Manager

New Game+: FAQ

Hello all,

Since the anticipated New Game+ feature is inbound tomorrow February 26 (1.1.4 Patch Notes), we’d like to answer some questions we’ve seen so far.

What is New Game+?
    -New Game+ enables players to start a new game while keeping their progression (Mounts, gear, abilities, Ubisoft Club rewards, store items bought, etc). You will be able to select your difficulty again from the animus options right after starting the New Game+ and it can be changed after you've started playing from the menu.

When can I start a New Game+?
    -You will have to complete the Main Odyssey that concludes with the quest “Dinner in Sparta” in order to access New Game+. A tutorial should be displayed on the first login if the quest has been completed before. If you have already completed the game, you will see a grey star added to your save slot indicating you can now create a New Game+.

How do I start a New Game+?
    1. Load your current savegame
    2. Manually save your current progress
    3. Open the main menu and click New Game+

Can I start multiple NG+?
    Yes, you can.

Can I replay the DLCs, Lost Tales of Greece in NG+ and when can I start them?
    Yes, you can.

Legacy of the First Blade DLCs will be available from Chapter 7 (Level 28), while Lost Tales of Greece will be available from Chapter 5.

What happens to my save game when I start a New Game+?
    -You will have to create a manual save of your current savegame before beginning a New Game+ (do not rely on autosaves) otherwise your progress will be lost.

Will there be a reward for completing a New Game+?
    -No, there won’t be a reward for completing a New Game+.

Is there anything that doesn’t carry over to a New Game+ game?
    As you can imagine, the following things will not carry over:
    -Quest progression
    -Mercenary progression (though the economic benefits unlocked in the first playthrough are saved)
    -Fog of war status (Map discovered)
    -Points of Interest (e.g. viewpoints, forts)
    -Lieutenants (doesn’t apply to Lieutenants unlocked via Ubisoft club or Store)

Will Orichalcum carry over to NG+?
    -Yes, obtained Orichalcum is shared across all savegames.

Will I be able to change the main protagonist when selecting a New Game+?
    -Yes, absolutely! You’ll be able to choose your character when starting a New Game+.

Will I be able to obtain rewards obtained from defeating Cultists again?
    -No, you’ll not receive any obtained legendary item again, but your item will rather be upgraded according to the cultists level in NG+ when defeating them again. If you didn’t take out some cultists and receive their rewards in the main game, you’ll be able to do so, as usual. This applies to all legendary items available in-game.

Example: Killing a level 90 Cultist will result in the items to be "upgraded" to Level 90.

Thank you!
     4 people found this helpful

awwwwwwwww all my cool LTs i spent so long collecting will be lost
     1 people found this helpful

Good idea, this FAQ thread

Can we see the NG+ like a global reset of the map and quests without reseting our toon. In another words, we will be able to replay all quests, redo all locations like forts (reloot chests, rekill fort captains, regain xp for doing so), right?
    And if that's correct, what kind of xp can we expect from our first quests in Kephalonia, if we do a NG+ at level 70? (if we enabled the enemy scaling system- does it somehow scale with the quests too?)
     1 people found this helpful

Will the dlc also restart?

So anything new? Armor or armor visual, weapons?

Saixak's Avatar Member
    Aww, there's no reward. Origins gave that sweet outfit, so I was hoping we'd get a cool armor set.

Dear Ubisoft,
    Thanks for adding NG+ mode.
    I appreciate that you gave us a chance to experience our own Odyssey again.
    However, I'm slightly disappointed that there won't be any reward.
    Honestly saying, I expected to get at least some new look (the same as people could get arter finished NG+ in AC Origins).
    Moreover, I believe that everyone would be more motivated to finish NG+ if you will offer some gear set. I'm not expecting some ultra overpowered set with dolphin that you would be able to call when you're in an open sea, I'm just expecting some great look.

Thank you for your time and thanks in advance!
     3 people found this helpful

No reward for completing new game plus? That is honestly disappointing, I've yet to play Origins but I know you got a reward for doing so in that game. Would have been nice to get some new armor for beating the game, as an incentive for players to complete New Game Plus.

Still going to play NG+ regardless though, just waiting for episode 3 so I can take my rewards with me.
     3 people found this helpful

DreadGrrl's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiPhobos Go to original post
    Will I be able to obtain rewards obtained from defeating Cultists again?
    -No, you’ll not receive any obtained legendary item again, but your item will rather be upgraded according to the cultists level in NG+ when defeating them again. If you didn’t take out some cultists and receive their rewards in the main game, you’ll be able to do so, as usual. This applies to all legendary items available in-game.
    Well, that sucks. The developers didn’t see fit to spice things up a bit and improve the cultist (and other legendary items available in game) gear or incentivize it in some way?

Has anything new and interesting been done with NG+?
     2 people found this helpful

Will the 1st civilisation steles have to be rediscovered? And if so, do you get a new Ability Point once discovered? Because there were more than 20 of those tombs. So an extra 20+ AP is an upside.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►