Thread: Far cry new dawn Splinter Cell easter egg | Forums

Far cry new dawn Splinter Cell easter egg

https://youtu.be/9jdHmYRmUI0?t=527

With the Empty Quiver on the Ghost Recon Dlc and now seeing this.. Nuclear threat detected on a Shadownet map. It sure looks like ubi is teasing Splinter Cell coming back at some point.

Here's to hoping!

Great. Ubisoft's trolling us yet again with another Splinter Cell Easter Egg. This is getting sad. Just give the people what they want, Ubisoft! Give us a new game already!

LuckyBide's Avatar Senior Member
    The more I see about those "easter egg" and the more I hope it won't be a teaser for the next Splinter Cell game.
    Because there are way more interesting plots than saving the world for the 47365th time from a nuclear or a terrorist threat. I'm so bored of this kind of stories...
    There's a lot of potential to make great stories including other secret agencies, cyberwarfare, big data leaks, cyber attacks coming from foreign governments or a story evoking mass surveillance and the philosophical and ethical problems it brings.

The more I see about those "easter egg" and the more I hope it won't be a teaser for the next Splinter Cell game.
    Because there are way more interesting plots than saving the world for the 47365th time from a nuclear or a terrorist threat. I'm so bored of this kind of stories...
    There's a lot of potential to make great stories including other secret agencies, cyberwarfare, big leaks, cyber attacks coming from foreign governments or a story evoking mass surveillance and the philosophical and ethical problems it brings.
    Exactly. I just saw something on the Splinter Cell subreddit that really pissed me off:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Splintercel..._cry_new_dawn/

My response to that post was as follows:

"This is ****ing ridiculous. Was that "empty quiver" reference just a backdrop for this dumb Easter Egg? And is the Clancy verse now set in a stupid post apocalypse (wait, nevermind, The Division already exists). Seriously, would it kill Ubisoft to just write a ****ing grounded narrative for a Clancy game again? Why all this over the top trash? Tom Clancy must be spinning in his grave."

Ubisoft really started to forget how to write somewhere around the late 2000s. This is evident with titles such as Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (seriously, can anybody explain to me what the plot is for this game? It makes zero sense), SC: Conviction, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (SC: Blacklist gets a dishonorable mention as well, but at least it tried to go back to the old style narrative. It just failed.).

I want a grounded, researched plot that incorporates actual history and relevant topics, just as LuckyBide said. That is what the Clancy brand is about, or at least it used to be before we got the most recent trash listed above, the "post-apocalyptic Splinter Cell" implications from FC: New Dawn, and the decidedly non Clancy-esque "The Division'" 1 and 2.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Newman_Oldman1 Go to original post
    Exactly. I just saw something on the Splinter Cell subreddit that really pissed me off:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Splintercel..._cry_new_dawn/

My response to that post was as follows:

"This is ****ing ridiculous. Was that "empty quiver" reference just a backdrop for this dumb Easter Egg? And is the Clancy verse now set in a stupid post apocalypse (wait, nevermind, The Division already exists). Seriously, would it kill Ubisoft to just write a ****ing grounded narrative for a Clancy game again? Why all this over the top trash? Tom Clancy must be spinning in his grave."

Ubisoft really started to forget how to write somewhere around the late 2000s. This is evident with titles such as Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (seriously, can anybody explain to me what the plot is for this game? It makes zero sense), SC: Conviction, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (SC: Blacklist gets a dishonorable mention as well, but at least it tried to go back to the old style narrative. It just failed.).

I want a grounded, researched plot that incorporates actual history and relevant topics, just as LuckyBide said. That is what the Clancy brand is about, or at least it used to be before we got the most recent trash listed above, the "post-apocalyptic Splinter Cell" implications from FC: New Dawn, and the decidedly non Clancy-esque "The Division'" 1 and 2.
    I totally agree, that's what I was thinking a few days ago when I was watching a gameplay video of The Division 2. The story and universe of this game makes no sense with Tom Clancy.
    It looks like they put the name "Tom Clancy" before "The Division" because it was a new franchise and they wanted to make sure that the game was going to make good sales.
    Since Ubisoft bought the rights of the "Tom Clancy" franchise in 2008, it's becoming worse and worse and now there's no more interesting plots or even a thing connected to Tom Clancy or to our real world...

Now about the note. Even if it is just a transposition in the universe of The Division, I find it ridiculous too. Because the Tom Clancy universe used to be one unique and realistic universe.
    And it's even more ridiculous that Sam consider Kobin as a friend...

Here are the note seen on the reddit thread and some others that I took from those 2 videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkRu_9dhxJo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd27u1ebR8I

On that last note we can see that Ubisoft likes to say that Sam is the last of his kind, just like in the Ghost Recon Wildlands DLC.
    Let's hope they think the same about pure stealth gameplay. It's not a dinosaur gameplay and the gaming world needs pure stealth

I've been lurking on this forum since Conviction. And I guess to give my Splinter Cell cred, I bought SAR when it came out. Anyway, I've held out hope for a long time, like some of the other long-time SC fans here, hoping for an improved experience that returns to the form of the first 3 games. Ubisoft departed from Tom Clancy inspired narrative writing a long time ago. Both Conviction and Blacklist started like this. I expect a new game to be announced, and I expect a lot of hype around the hope and delicate tease that this game may be the one we want. It's pretty well assured that Ironside is back. We'll have some community management through personalities and marketing, assuring us the "we won't be disappointed"...And the opinion will go back and forth for 18 months as the game develops and is eventually released. Here's what I expect. Ironsides voice will be there, we'll have the goggles, a dark suit, and some familiar looking weapons. Everything else that you can predict about this new game has been spelled out in the tone of these beyond silly (like embarrassingly cheesy) journal entries. Whether the game is post-apocalyptic or not is debatable. But this childish koombayah 'hey look Sam has friends!!" is where the game is headed.

I also can't help but see the heavy influence of female writing here. I don't care if that seems sexist to anybody. This just doesn't look like the kind of fantasy story that real-life gun owing men would write. It looks like the kind of thing that a woman would write thinking that this is the kind of thing that men would be interested in. I have no expectation that this will work out well.

Like I said a lot of times on this forum, I think that the only hope we (long time SC fans) have is to see Clint Hocking back on this franchise. And I don't care if we have to wait 10 more years for that to happen, I'd rather wait. And if he could work alongside with Ironside, that would be great.

As if Conviction wasn't ridiculous enough, now it appears Ubisoft is giving us Conviction in a post-apocalyptic setting. They are so devoid of creativity, it's astounding. And no, arbitrarily putting a long lasting series into a post-apocalyptic setting isn't creative, it's lazy. Why not remake The Godfather, but set in a world with magical creatures, and instead of a horse, Don Corleone orders his henchman to place a unicorn head in the man's bed (talk about an offer he can't refuse). That's a perfect analogy for what this is. Seriously, what the **** is Ubisoft thinking? Hopefully all of this is just an elaborate Easter Egg hunt, and the real game is nothing like this. I mean, generating outrage around the brand with these Easter Eggs could be a good way to bring attention to it. But Ubisoft's track record is very patchy, to say the least. If they do go this direction with the game, I hope it seriously flops.

I only think this is an easter egg and a transposition in the "world" of The Division. However I fear that the "nuclear threat" plot is real.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►