Thread: PVP invades PVE | Forums

SUB---MOA's Avatar Member

PVP invades PVE

Just as the title says. You here a lot of whining about a PVE DZ but you never hear of world where Rogue agents invade the worlds of the PVE agents. I think that would really change things up for some replay value. Playing along your PVE missions and then you hear "an agent disavowed the division and he is now marked Rogue". Then your next obstacle is a Rogue agent ready to shoot you in the back.

Just like The Dark Souls Universe.

Merphee's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SUB---MOA Go to original post
    Just as the title says. You here a lot of whining about a PVE DZ but you never hear of world where Rogue agents invade the worlds of the PVE agents.
    Probably because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. PVE is to avoid PVP at all costs. Having PVP players invade a PVE world is like a double negative for PVE. You are preventing PVE players from avoiding PVP, no matter where they go now, while providing more food for the wolves.

This is a backwards suggestion and only justifies the PVE DZ even more. Just go into the DZ if you want PVP players to invade your PVE experience.
     19 people found this helpful

One of the worst ideas for this game. Like Merphee said you want PVE/PVP go hit the DZ.
     6 people found this helpful

It can actually be done … without allowing for harassment

In PvE you take a quest to hunt down a Rogue agent. In PvP you check a terminal for a hit put out on you and must go eliminate that threat in the PvE zone.

Both players can start opposite sides of map and have each other's Icons displayed ( on MAP ) then head towards each other for the showdown!

It could be a timed quest so neither could just setup camp ( or a trap ) and wait.

Look, I'm all for getting players to play together or against each other, but this...isn't the way to go about it.
     1 people found this helpful

This would work well if at character creation you have an option to choose PVE or PVP (server or mode, whatever you want to call it) and the whole map including DZ is would be for PVP "your suggestion" or PVE only "my suggestion".

Originally Posted by SUB---MOA Go to original post
    Just as the title says. You here a lot of whining about a PVE DZ but you never hear of world where Rogue agents invade the worlds of the PVE agents. I think that would really change things up for some replay value. Playing along your PVE missions and then you hear "an agent disavowed the division and he is now marked Rogue". Then your next obstacle is a Rogue agent ready to shoot you in the back.

Just like The Dark Souls Universe.
    I like this idea, reminds me of Watchdogs in a way. Would be kinda cool if an invading rogue agent successfully killed it's mark and you were able to put a bounty on them so others could enter their game and hunt them down for Division justice. It certainly would make things interesting. In fact, they could take a page right out of the Watchdogs playbook and make the rogue agent look like one of the NPC's so they blend in much better and can stalk their prey without their username displayed until agent is killed or invader is killed.

Hunter mode 2.0?

Agreed, I just wish that I wasn't on the floor looking at the hold to give up text while the game was just starting to play "Warning an agent in your area has disavowed the Division........"

Um okay, would have been nice to know before I was already dead, while in cover, while fighting an NPC, and got shot in the back.

It would not work....the dark zone is there for that matter!

Originally Posted by Alexpsilos07 Go to original post
    It would not work....the dark zone is there for that matter!
    It could work, it's also a nice way for others who don't want to pay for access to the DZ to experience some rogue elements and IMO makes far more sense in the world they've established compared to being contained into a few areas. The setting is already there for the Division 2, ie; bounties, regaining control of check points, supply drops etc. Invading makes sense to me since order is till not restored in The Division world. It's not like the OP (or anyone else) is suggesting equal loot drops with this idea, people who pay to enter the DZ will still have the advantage over non DZ players in terms of rewards, and that would only be fair.

It's most likely never going to happen anyways, and yes, some of us refuse to drop extra money down on certain things (skins, vanity items, credits, loot boxes, emotes). With that said, I don't see a problem with paying for online multiplayer features, if there's incentive too (gamer score/trophies isn't incentive enough for me). If they played their cards right with this idea, they could possibly encourage more into the DZ area's this way, it might even give some of us a reason to pay for online subscriptions giving some of you more fodder to play with. Seems like a win for multiple companies and gamers alike.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►