Thread: HD Texture Pack | Forums

HD Texture Pack

Is the HD texture pack only for 4k or does it also improve 1080?
     1 people found this helpful

Yes i would like to know to ?, if its only 4k then i will uninsstall them, becosue i cant play on 4k anyway

In short: yes.

You will notice it when you look at textures up close or when textures are stretched thin to fit a large surface. Higher res textures means more texels to give you better detail on your screen, but this does depend on geometry, texture mapping, filtering and how close you are. It should be noticeable even at 1080 or lower.

This at the cost of disk space, longer download time, probably some performance (and your system has to work a bit harder). That is the trade-off.

Try it, compare it (it will probably be a setting that can be toggled in game); if you find it is not worth it you can uninstall the texture pack at any time.

FireNative's Avatar Member
    if you bought the game on PC from the Uplays store how do you download the HD textures pack? Where is it?

Its listed on the games main page on Uplay, listed as owned DLC with an install button next to it.

Flanker1Six's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by TheRealDABhand Go to original post
    Its listed on the games main page on Uplay, listed as owned DLC with an install button next to it.
    Yea! I knew that!

BTW: Thanks for the heads up!

I don't have an "Owned DLC" section on the main page, I get it for other games but not New Dawn.

https://i.imgur.com/elzWcxg.png

Originally Posted by mibob88 Go to original post
    I don't have an "Owned DLC" section on the main page, I get it for other games but not New Dawn.

https://i.imgur.com/elzWcxg.png
    Did you pre-load it? Or did you download as soon as it unlocked, perhaps it included the HD pack? What is the size of your folder? Mine is 39.6GB

Just downloaded today after release, 17GB, definitely no HD pack.

Does your PC have a GPU that can handle the texture pack?