Accidentally purchased duplicate Rainbow Six: Siege with intentions of buying gift.

So I have already submitted a case 9 days ago and haven't got a reply, so I'll try get some help here.
    My situation:
    I accidentally bought an extra copy of Rainbow Six: Siege despite already owning the game as I wanted to gift it for a friend. I realised after that this was not even possible and my purchase bought me nothing. Is it possible for a refund to occur or a product key to be supplied so that I can still gift my friend?

Thanks

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    You are asking in the correct place for a potential refund or to potentially have the game moved to your friend's account. This isn't something we can assist with over the forums.

Ok but I have already waited 10 days. Is this normal?

Dear support team

I'm having the same issue and I'm asking for a reply on the support site.
    I talked with an agent and he said that, he well forward my case to my region and still nothing happened.
    my case number : 07994517

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    @ Pigeo. There has been a backlog in cases due to a large volume of contacts over the weekend. I have passed your ticket on to your regional shop team regarding the delay.
    @ IncepT01 I was able to locate your ticket, and merge your duplicate tickets to the one you provided. As I mentioned, there has been a delay in response to tickets. You should get a response within the next few business days. We apologize for the delay and appreciate you bringing it up to us

Ok I understand the situation now, thanks for the help.

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for your patience! Our team will get back to your case as soon as they can.