Thread: Update on UE Additional Stash space? | Forums

Wip30u7's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by TheGrey08 Go to original post
    I agree how it was handled was dumb, and that they should have been clear from the start, but the outcome was the correct decision. No one should have to pay real money for additional stash space that they cannot get free in game. That alone would have caused many to flat out not even play the game. With that said I also agree that there isn't nearly enough bonuses to warrant the additional cost of the gold and ultimate editions.
    I agree with you to a certain extent. And yes maybe offering the additional stash space was a MAJOR blunder on their part. They also have to fix this blunder. because as soon as i accepted to play the demo i was agreed to no refund. And was not aware of the stash feckup. SO if they insted give something else to the UE, like some skins or something as a bandaid it would be better than completly ignoring the issue. And im assuming that the Ubi community manager and the rest have been told to keep their mouths firmly shut about the subject, hoping the community will forget about it, or untill sometime in the next moth they release a statement.

The last thing they do want is bad press about how this is being handled so not saying anything is better than saying something wrong in their eyes.,.

Bambihunter1971's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm with you. I have pre-ordered the Ultimate edition explicitly because of additional stash space since I am always out of it now with 4 characters on TD1 with all 14 fully classified gear sets. So, you are saying they are not going to do that now? Not questioning you, but do you have links to what you were reading from Ubi? It still lists "additional stash space" here: https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisof...and-Collectors

Wip30u7's Avatar Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy5FtMxqO3A

at around 48minute mark they start talking about stash space.

Just give us another skin instead. 10 minutes ingame and you can buy additional space if you really need it. There will be zero players who will need it until lvl 30 though. Therefore, this is either scam or a simple mistake that can be corrected easily by giving us something small like a weapon/armor skin.

i was thinking that we were paying for having ACTUAL additional stash space instead of having to level up a "mule", even 50 slots would be more than fair for the money we all paid

i like specially when Yannick says that the UE players will have the perk unlocked from the beginning (which would mean less grind effort) but then he says that the extra stash space is the last level of the perk (meaning UE players would still have to grind for one level of the perk)

they even say that it's not the only bonus, but i can certainly say it was the biggest motivator for the purchase of UE edition for a lot of players

in my case instead of spending time enjoying the game, i'll have to lose time to level up a "mule" and to log out to switch characters to be able to store stuff, that extra stash space was the entirely idea of not having to spend time doing those things, having even 50 extra slots (i'm just repeating myself since i cannot believe on the betrayal this was from the game team not having clearly specified this information

this was a purely marketing campaign to mislead the consumer

[Edited for language by Ubi-RealDude]

Wip30u7's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by AOD_j0hn Go to original post
    snip

this was a purely marketing campaign to mislead the consumer
    I dont think it was marketing to mislead, i think they realized the backlash it caused when they offered additional stash and backpedaled hard. Then had a convo with their legal department about how they could fix it "legaly" without getting their asses sued for misleading advertising.
     1 people found this helpful

They need to open refunds to people who downloaded the beta.
    Legally in the eu at least, I think they have to give a refund. The tos doesn't mean much here.

I'm giving them few days to say something about it then applying for a refund.
    I don't need the money, but their silence about it makes me want to get a refund on principle.

Wip30u7's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by thetinsnail Go to original post
    Legally in the eu at least, I think they have to give a refund. The tos doesn't mean much here.

I don't need the money, but their silence about it makes me want to get a refund on principle.
    Yeah have to agree there. Bought thruogh Uplay here so have to email support and try to get it. Will wait a few days like you to see what if anything comes out of Ubi HQ

Originally Posted by Wip30u7 Go to original post
    I dont think it was marketing to mislead, i think they realized the backlash it caused when they offered additional stash and backpedaled hard. Then had a convo with their legal department about how they could fix it "legaly" without getting their asses sued for misleading advertising.
    it says "additional" and there is nothing additional in the way they informed the change, if people would want to have additional stash space they could have paid for it (and still can), this isn't a legal solution, since the "additional" is missing

Originally Posted by thetinsnail Go to original post

i don't think a refund needs to be held, since the UE is much more than the additional stash space, imo this is to show our disagreament on how the information was provided and threated, specially because they want to please to all player base but they are forgetting that a lot of people already paid for this and a lot of people can flood the support contact with complains about this issue

imo an appologie is missing from Ubisoft on how they mislead an entire community and when they realized the **** storm they were in covered like cowards

and i loved specially that someone from Ubisoft gave to the trouble of editing my post but still no one as come in front of a camera saying what needs to be said about this issue, and already 7 days have past since the "leak" (it certainly wasn't a relevant information, they even tried to cover it up by changing subject and just spilling it out in the middle of some other information, just not to mention, again, that Yannick provided to different informations on the same subject, imo there is still much explanation to bring to light)

Bambihunter1971's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, that sucks. I'll look at it again and see if there is anything in it above the gold edition that I want. I could care less about skins and barely care about emotes.

It was listed literally on every site that sold the Ultimate (rip-off) edition. Since they rescinded that aspect, they have been slowly removing it but it only took 10 seconds to find one that still had it: https://store.ubi.com/us/tom-clancys...tml?lang=en_US Look at the second line under Features.

And, like others have said there is no confusion. It was simple misrepresentation whether intentional or change of policy.

Early has NEVER been a synonym for Extra.
     4 people found this helpful