Thread: I'm really worry about this pick and ban feature | Forums

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    I don't think it would be quite as bad as you fear, especially as more operators are added and adjusted.
    Maybe tell the team to just fix shield ops and actually nerf Cav instead of appearing to do something but actually doing nout.

I don't think it would be quite as bad as you fear, especially as more operators are added and adjusted.
    It's bad! You buy the game with your own money and others dictate what operators you can use. Not a fan of this idea. As mentioned already, just balance the game and there wouldn't be a need for it.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Devin82 Go to original post
    It's bad! You buy the game with your own money and others dictate what operators you can use. Not a fan of this idea. As mentioned already, just balance the game and there wouldn't be a need for it.
    It's a good thing to add especially to ranked because this can be a way to tell which op is considered overpowered by the community and not just pro league. It's silly now because it's just a fancy casual right now

I rarely touch ranked as it is, pretty much just the first ten each season and back to the full map pool of casual. Whether it’s in ranked or casual, if pick and ban were to become permanent part of any existing mode that will be the last I play of that mode.

My experience with this little gimmick in the last couple weeks has been boring af, just the same handful of maps and people picking the same 2 ops every damn match. Every second playing this gimmick I just can’t wait to get my kills and go back to casual. If pick & ban were to ever become a game-wide thing... well, it may be time for me to stop playing this game.
     1 people found this helpful

I personally would love for pick and ban to make its way to ranked. I think it would make the game more exciting as I sometimes get sick of seeing the same strats for certain objectives. It will force people to get more creative and try different strats for each objective. I think the people that don't want it just don't like change and are afraid of adapting and are worried they aren't good enough - that's not meant to be an attack on anyone. It's just my thoughts. I think the pick and ban adds another layer of strategy which I look forward to playing more.

However, I don't think it should go to casual as it would take away from the casual feel. Casual games are meant to be shorter with a get in and get out attitude. Pick and ban would make casual unnecessarily long. I feel that the idea of casual is that people don't have to wait long to get into games and pick and ban just contradicts this. People should have the freedom to choose who they want in a casual setting.

Or they could just add a new mode which basically is what the pick and ban currently is.

don't tell me they are really going 2 doo this?3 min of bs...

I'd like to see 3 games modes:

Casual (ALL maps in rotation)
    Ranked (no pick & ban; ALL maps in rotation)
    Ranked (pro league rules, maps, with pick & ban)
     2 people found this helpful

Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    I really disagree with OP. I get that it's frustrating when your fav operator is banned but I love the feature. My group never choses Blitz and only bans Cav on certain maps. We prefer to block op's like Thatcher, Mute, Gu boy and Thermite. I push for Doc but I'm the only one who cries about him. In general I think it adds an awesome new strategy to playing the game and I'm all for it.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for the continued feedback on the different sides of this, everyone!
     1 people found this helpful

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    So... ranked pick/ban confirmed ?!