Thread: New ping system ?? Like in apex legends ???? | Forums

New ping system ?? Like in apex legends ????

i think we need new ping sytem in siege....

anyone play apex legends ?? i love ping system in that game

1.Separately, you can ping a position to say that you're headed there
    2.You can agree with pings, or disagree, or say "I can't do that"
    3.You can cancel a ping that's no longer relevant, or accidental
    4.You can mark an area you're watching
    5.You can mark a place you've spotted an enemy
    6.Separately, you can say that an enemy "has recently been here," a key distinction

https://www.pcgamer.com/apex-legends...communication/

there's plenty of reasons people can't speak in-game, or wouldn't want to.

this ping system can reduce toxic player to harassing girl player
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by iSEEYOU69 Go to original post
    i think we need new ping sytem in siege....

anyone play apex legends ?? i love ping system in that game

1.Separately, you can ping a position to say that you're headed there
    2.You can agree with pings, or disagree, or say "I can't do that"
    3.You can cancel a ping that's no longer relevant, or accidental
    4.You can mark an area you're watching
    5.You can mark a place you've spotted an enemy
    6.Separately, you can say that an enemy "has recently been here," a key distinction

https://www.pcgamer.com/apex-legends...communication/

there's plenty of reasons people can't speak in-game, or wouldn't want to.

this ping system can reduce toxic player to harassing girl player
    first of all that garbage is a battle royal game , what do you want ? for example " injure blitz is over there , enemy is droning , spotted yokai , ash is tea bagging " lmao even thinking about it is stupid

i guess the whole point of this thread is that " you are a gamer girl and you are getting harassed " ok lmao

people started to compare that EA garbage to a tactical shooter like R6 ? no thank you

Originally Posted by Okatsu66 Go to original post
    first of all that garbage is a battle royal game , what do you want ? for example " injure blitz is over there , enemy is droning , spotted yokai , ash is tea bagging " lmao even thinking about it is stupid

i guess the whole point of this thread is that " you are a gamer girl and you are getting harassed " ok lmao

people started to compare that EA garbage to a tactical shooter like R6 ? no thank you

thats ur opinion but imo thats game fun i enjoy both R6 and apex

the whole point of this is to make people do call out , since im play with many player so lazy to use mic to call out especially on ranked , im not a girl but other reason yes if can reduce TOXIC PLAYER LIKE U to harrased other player why not ? my point is not about gender ,but reduce toxic thing which is still problem until today on R6 after 3years

i believe this ping system can be new standard for many games ,and i guess u never play rainbow six las vegas / future soldier, ping system like this very fit for tactical game

and calm ur tits no need to be toxic keyboard warrior lmao

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member

Wasn't it you that started a thread stating "every time when i made a thread i've encountered so many trolls and they tried to insult me in every way possible"?

Why do you have to jump in here and be so..aggressive?

In any case, I imagine that having such diversified 'ping options' works good for games like APEX but it probably wont for a game like Siege. I also think that you really need proper communication with Siege and having more ping thingies might give a reason for even less of it than what we have now. Everyone seems to have at least the ability to hear, so a ping and a simple callout would work. That's assuming a lot I know, but you have to be looking in the general direction for the ping system to work..even as minimal as it is now doesn't work unless someone catches it.

TLDR; we just dont really need it.
     2 people found this helpful

Yeah Okatsu66 contributes nothing but toxicity to this post. Name calling other posters is absolutely no help to anyone.
    Personally, anyone this toxic should just be banned from all of ubisoft and forced to play the "sims" for 1 year.

I get he hates everything but ads nothing to the OP's post.

The problem I have with making the ping marking system easier is you will always gets those clowns that just start pinging everything. I actually usually do not have enough time to mark much in R6S and I play with friends on comms so I think it is fine the way it is.

It's all too easy to jump on somebody and criticize....but you only show stupidity when you don't actually offer any intelligent alternatives. Say something constructive, or go away.
     1 people found this helpful

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    As someone who isn't able to use a microphone every time I play, I would welcome a more ping options. The problem is, for Siege, I'm not sure it would work. None of the new ones you've mentioned seems to add much.

To be more precise, in Siege, the ping is used to either show where to make a hole or reinforce in the preparation phase and once in combat, to tell the others to "watch" where you've pinged or ask for a breach/gadget. All of these can already be done with the one yellow ping option we have there. If you add more pings to say slight variations, you'll end up with more clutter than anything else I fear.

If you think about it, all the ones in Apex wouldn't be useful at all in Siege with maybe the exception of the one that says "enemy"... ... but in Siege, if you have line of sight to an enemy for the time it would take to ping, you usually have the time to kill him or get killed yourself... The time to die is just too fast.

Maybe I'm missing something. Are you playing on console or PC? Without a text chat, maybe it would be more useful but as it is on PC where you can type if you really need to be more specific(don't reinforce there, I want that wall open or something like that).

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for the feedback on this suggestion, everyone!

I could see maybe a small extension to the current ping system working, but I don't think it would ever replace voice communication as the most effective way to coordinate with your team.
     1 people found this helpful

Devil's Advocate...

POINT ONE: Pinging is faster & more efficient than voice chat

A Ping System is >> to Voice Chat in the same way that Voice Chat is >> to text typing.

The point of communication is to quickly get information into the hands of your teammates so they know what's going on and (hopefully) better direct their behavior. Typing information into text for the team is inefficient and slow compared to voice chat. However, a good ping system as AN ADDITION to voice chat would be fantastic.

If you ping a wall, you also have to tell your teammates ... "Hey - could someone reinforce this wall here?". That's 2 steps. If the simple act of pinging the wall also flashed a Ping Request to all your teammates "Player X requests for you to reinforce Y wall!" then that's a more efficient 1-step process.

POINT TWO: Overchatting is a thing.

Voice chat is great ... but there's totally such thing as too much of it. When everyone on your team is trying to chat out information all at once then it becomes an unintelligible wash. Callouts are great ... but sometimes pinging would make it so that voice could be reserved for stuff that is "important" (such as an enemy player callout) while stuff that is more boilerplate (such as a position ping) doesn't crowd out other stuff.

Not saying to go nuts with it ... but there's definitely room in the game for a better ping system.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for adding your thoughts, Riddler.

You make some good points there — I think especially with the overchatting bit. Voice comms do have the downside of being easily muddled by cross-talk, mumbling, white noise, etc.

A simple, yet comprehensive ping system could help replace some of those easily "pingable" call-outs.