Thread: No one likes shields except the people who play them | Forums

No one likes shields except the people who play them

if you gave me an operator that had shield piercing bullets I would pick him every game screw the rest of the ops that just how oppressive they feel. Nothing is fun just seeing one instantly makes me want to just quit the match and say sorry guys cant deal with that bs. I dont care if they are not impossible to beat I care about how much effort I have to put in to not get insta shafted by the shield itself or the teammate they probably have riding them ready to shoot me. I cant win and its stupid.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey S_Dust,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble dealing with shield ops — I think we've all been there at some point.

They can definitely be annoying, but they're nowhere near unbeatable. I'd suggest trying a trap operator, as you'll have a much easier time engaging if you can get them to step on a Gu mine or set off an Ela mine. I'd also really recommend Echo, his Yokai drones can force Montagne to un-extend and will make it much harder for any shielduser to fight back.

You've also got options with operators who have Nitro cells — arguably a shield's worst nightmare when thrown properly.

It won't be easy at first, but once you figure out some good counter strats you'll laugh in the face of shields.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    Hey S_Dust,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble dealing with shield ops — I think we've all been there at some point.

They can definitely be annoying, but they're nowhere near unbeatable. I'd suggest trying a trap operator, as you'll have a much easier time engaging if you can get them to step on a Gu mine or set off an Ela mine. I'd also really recommend Echo, his Yokai drones can force Montagne to un-extend and will make it much harder for any shielduser to fight back.

You've also got options with operators who have Nitro cells — arguably a shield's worst nightmare when thrown properly.

It won't be easy at first, but once you figure out some good counter strats you'll laugh in the face of shields.
    Nitros do nothing I've played blitz and eat in multiple nitros and even if you do kill him on the second one you've lost a lot of utility to deny the plant. The whole can ads shoot before the shield is down for enemy players is also broken and somehow shields melee seemingly overrides mine. I'm tired of seeing their shield move back then I get punched in the face.

But you said it yourself they're annoying which is the same reason given for the cav changes. So why can't it be applied here. Also I have to note that shields are much stronger on console as is finka are y'all ever going to look into that.

Shields are one of the few things that make Siege interesting. They force communication and teamwork.
    Its so refreshing to fight them because you cant just spray at head level while exploiting peek advantage.

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Or you know just shoot them, since games bugged and are completely unreliable, go play with a shield and see how easy it is to die because game said so

How often do you want to complain about them? Adapt or quit the game.
    Mostly solo roamers with cav or vigil are complaining about them. Well blitz is made to counter roamers.
    Don’t play this game like it is cod and use traps to counter them.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Tocki92 Go to original post
    How often do you want to complain about them? Adapt or quit the game.
    Mostly solo roamers with cav or vigil are complaining about them. Well blitz is made to counter roamers.
    Don’t play this game like it is cod and use traps to counter them.
    Essentially
    Blitz is ONLY useful for 1v1

If you can get early intel on a blitz (he has a very distinguishable pistol audio)
    Immediately pair up
    Dead blitz
     3 people found this helpful

I like using impacts. Works great against Blitz and is Kamikaze playstyle. Montagne isn't as threatening, unless they have good comms.

I started having c4 on all my defenders just to counter shield guys lately. Use that. Or cross your fingers they show their feet long enough to shoot them off. Or call them out and have a team mate cutting them from the sides or the rear. Or impact grenades.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post
    Nitros do nothing I've played blitz and eat in multiple nitros and even if you do kill him on the second one you've lost a lot of utility to deny the plant. The whole can ads shoot before the shield is down for enemy players is also broken and somehow shields melee seemingly overrides mine. I'm tired of seeing their shield move back then I get punched in the face.

But you said it yourself they're annoying which is the same reason given for the cav changes. So why can't it be applied here. Also I have to note that shields are much stronger on console as is finka are y'all ever going to look into that.
    I imagine you're a good Blitz player and face the explosions, which I'd bet a majority of players aren't going to be able to do everytime. Even if a nitro doesn't kill a shield op in one go, you weaken them up, making it much easier to get a kill with a shot to the leg.

Others posting here have also made the great point of having power in numbers — a 2v1 situation makes a shield much less formidable.

What, in your opinion, is the reason that shields (and Finka) are stronger on console?