Thread: Roof Top hatch | Forums

Roof Top hatch

Would it be too strong to add a roof top hatch to ever map? Even the ones with a skylight because repelling on those 100% will die.

A roof top hatch although pretty basic allows you to stealthily enter the buildings without worrying about run outs and sitting on windows .late in round
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    I think it would just depend on the location of the hatches, honestly.

I can't say I personally think we really need any more than we already have, as they are basically impossible to deal with as defenders, but I would be willing to hear some examples of locations you think an additional roof hatch could help with map balance.

Please feel free to join and discuss either side of this if you feel so inclined, fellow Siegers.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    I can't say I personally think we really need any more than we already have, as they are basically impossible to deal with as defenders
    You guys could always create a defender that can reinforce roof hatches..I know we had discussed such an operator some time ago .

But like you said, it would depend on the location, I don't think anymore hatches above/near objectives are a good idea (unless that operator exists).

Well as you said it depends on the map
    I'll give bank and border as a example
    And maps with balcony run outs like sky scrapper

I think it would just depend on the location of the hatches, honestly.

I can't say I personally think we really need any more than we already have, as they are basically impossible to deal with as defenders, but I would be willing to hear some examples of locations you think an additional roof hatch could help with map balance.

Please feel free to join and discuss either side of this if you feel so inclined, fellow Siegers.
    Honestly as long as they aren't directly above an obj it would be fine. As it stands right now rappeling, sitting on any balcony or second floor exterior is a death sentence. Claymores don't do their jobs and there's ten different angles that one person has to watch, its an asinine system where defenders have free rein over both outside and in.

Add that to the fact that the run out timers even after 3 years still do not sync properly. There's little to no risk for defenders doing this.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Thank you for adding your thoughts, Coop and DevilDog.

Coop:
    Yes I've seen the hatch-reinforcer suggestion in a few different forms. I always imagine a guy using one of those old Nintendo "Ultra Hand" toys to push it up there.

USMCDEVILDOG010:
    Are you a fan of the "instant detection" suggestions for Defender runouts?

Thank you for adding your thoughts, Coop and DevilDog.

Coop:
    Yes I've seen the hatch-reinforcer suggestion in a few different forms. I always imagine a guy using one of those old Nintendo "Ultra Hand" toys to push it up there.

USMCDEVILDOG010:
    Are you a fan of the "instant detection" suggestions for Defender runouts?
    Unless y'all can fix the timer to where its actually 2 seconds then yes. As it stands you can cheese it to get 4 or 5 seconds with a three armor even more with the other two.

Forgot the name of that map that has a roof hatch that drops down into a bathroom. I usually kill a defender hiding in that shower corner.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Coop:
    I'm diggin it! You guys would have to industrialize it though...

Originally Posted by GRAW2ROBZ Go to original post
    Forgot the name of that map that has a roof hatch that drops down into a bathroom. I usually kill a defender hiding in that shower corner.
    Coast Line
    Its easy to spawn peek that map but also
    That hatch is perfect