Thread: Cav?? | Forums

Major2's Avatar Senior Member

Cav??

I thought she was getting some nerfs? Less accurate laser beam pistol and weaker. I only played 4 or 5 games last night but she didn't seem nerfed at all. Anyone else notice the difference? You Cav mains feel it?
     1 people found this helpful

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    They should have decreased the mag size to 12, lowered hte damage and increased recoil if i remember correctly, at the same time increased range so it two shots more stable range, but it doesn't simply do all your health of damage by hitting you once

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    That was a visual nerf. In fact she is the same.

Cav's pistol damage was decreased, but her range dropoff was adjusted upwards at the same time so she does more damage than she used to at a greater distance. So it is not correct to say that Cav was "nerfed" as much as her style was changed.

Before, Cav could go full Rambo on an entire team of attackers because if she got close enough she could drop them all instantly with a spray of 99 damage bullets. It was ridiculous. With the changes Cav now has to be more careful and pick and choose her targets ... but she can do it from a slightly further distance, which makes it so she can pick a single target, make a kill, and then run away. Or - if the attacker is alone - she can drop them and do the interrogate. That's more how Cav SHOULD be played anyway.

Originally Posted by Major2 Go to original post
    I thought she was getting some nerfs? Less accurate laser beam pistol and weaker. I only played 4 or 5 games last night but she didn't seem nerfed at all. Anyone else notice the difference? You Cav mains feel it?
    Playing her, I felt it. Someone else playing her and headshotting me from ridiculous distances? Didn't feel it.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by xThe_Riddler_ Go to original post
    Cav's pistol damage was decreased, but her range dropoff was adjusted upwards at the same time so she does more damage than she used to at a greater distance. So it is not correct to say that Cav was "nerfed" as much as her style was changed.

Before, Cav could go full Rambo on an entire team of attackers because if she got close enough she could drop them all instantly with a spray of 99 damage bullets. It was ridiculous. With the changes Cav now has to be more careful and pick and choose her targets ... but she can do it from a slightly further distance, which makes it so she can pick a single target, make a kill, and then run away. Or - if the attacker is alone - she can drop them and do the interrogate. That's more how Cav SHOULD be played anyway.
    30 seconds into a round I downed and interrogated a lone IQ. Never saw me comin

She may have actually gotten better. The greater damage over range more than makes up for the slight damage nerf, her pistol fires so fast and accurately getting an extra shot is not a problem, especially not on an unprepared enemy coming round a corner.

If they really wanted to nerf they would have increased recoil and slowed rate of fire, this was just an attempt to get everyone to shut up about Cav.

Originally Posted by monkey89brains Go to original post
    She may have actually gotten better. The greater damage over range more than makes up for the slight damage nerf, her pistol fires so fast and accurately getting an extra shot is not a problem, especially not on an unprepared enemy coming round a corner.

If they really wanted to nerf they would have increased recoil and slowed rate of fire, this was just an attempt to get everyone to shut up about Cav.
    They did increase the recoil but I guess it wasn't enough. In their notes they mentioned a recoil increase so it was "harder for her to chain shots at long range."

Sorry for the double post.

For me itís a nerf and itís a good one. Cav needs more shots to kill me, especially when I accidentally hit an electrified barbwire, Iím no one shot anymore.

Donít forget that her hipfire accuracy got nerfed too. So at least she needs to aim to be more certain.