Thread: Assassin's Creed III Remastered: Comparison Trailer | Forums

Ubi-QuB3's Avatar Community Manager

Assassin's Creed III Remastered: Comparison Trailer

Assassin's Creed III Remastered will be available on 29th March, 2019 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Relive the American Revolution or experience it for the first time in Assassin's Creed® III Remastered, with enhanced graphics and improved gameplay mechanics. Plus, Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered and all solo DLC content are included.
     1 people found this helpful

Holy crap, I'm hyped!!!

Got literal chills on my arms when Conor's theme started playing!!!
    New lighting effects look good too.

ETA:
    For those who haven't played it, be warned: they actually spoiled a big reveal in the trailer that was really cool the first time round.

bitebug2003's Avatar Global Moderator
    Can't wait

(btw what happened to the unique forums banners) :S

Will is support ultra wide such as 21:9 ... 32:9 and Multimonitor setups? ... the original didn't.

Well, it looks like Ubi couldn't resist messing with the art direction again, just like they did with the Ezio trilogy. Now instead of neutral colors, everything has been color graded to shades of brown. High res textures = good. Complete change in the feel of the environment = not so good.

Originally Posted by Carch Go to original post
    Well, it looks like Ubi couldn't resist messing with the art direction again, just like they did with the Ezio trilogy. Now instead of neutral colors, everything has been color graded to shades of brown. High res textures = good. Complete change in the feel of the environment = not so good.
    ACIII was never that atmospheric to begin with in the cities, that's why it doesn't bother me.
    Agree about the Ezio collection though. What they did to Venice was criminal!

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Fantastic trailer, can't wait for this!

The environment looks much improved. Though not sure why I was expecting a little more in terms of character models. But cant make a final verdict on character models until I actually play the game.

My impression of this is easily summed up with one 'word', meh. It might not be the fustercluck that the Ezio Collection ended up being ("THE EYES") but I see nothing impressive with this. Maybe that's the problem with Remasters, some games have never looked bad to begin with, they had some mechanical problems, or messy controls, messed up animation etc. but a remaster will only ever be cosmetic, can thus not help with the things that were actually "wrong". Lots of remasters were merely somebody messing with textures, problem is (to exaggerate) a perfectly crisp texture will look completely out of place on a 100 polygon character. (just imagine Alone in the Dark Trilogy with 4k textures, useless right?)

Take AC I for example, not an ugly game (not even on consoles), would a cosmetic change really make that much of a difference?

Rant over. ;D