Thread: Developer Update: Keeping it Classi | Forums

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: Keeping it Classi

Hey everyone! Toller from RedLynx here, and I’m here to bring you some new information for the week! Let’s jump right in!

THIS WEEK

EVENTS

Welcome to another exciting week of South Park: Phone Destroyer! This week’s Challenge mode has started. It’s the “Discount Challenge”, that means all cards will cost 1 energy less than usual! I expect some fun, fast-paced matches!

Team Wars is also ongoing, so make sure to collect your Bottle Caps and upgrade your cards before the battle days!

CLASSI

South Park: Phone Destroyer just got a little bit classier! In the event this weekend, we’ll have a brand new card: Classi! Classi is a 5 cost neutral fighter who has an ‘enrage’ type ability. When Classi’s health is below 50%, her attack value is tripled!

This weekend will be a token collection event. You’ll be able to earn tokens by winning PvP matches, opening lockers and opening PvP packs! There’s also a new outfit item that you can earn by completing the solo portion of the event!

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 10
    2 50
    3 90
    4 170
    5 260
    6 410
    7 600
    8 925

TEAM REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 330
    2 950
    3 4125
    4 9000
    5 15000
    6 22500

When the event starts, we’ll also be adding some of the recently released cards into new places. Priest Maxi and Witch Garrison will be added to free packs and PvE lockers and to all shops. Mr. Mackey, Santa, Alien Drone, Mr. Slave, and Satan will be added to PvP packs and PvP lockers.

Balance Revert

As you may have noticed by now, we reverted the balance changes that went out yesterday, as there were a few nasty bugs. We’re working to fix those and put them back out in tomorrow’s asset bundle!

That’s everything I have to share for now! As usual, if you have any questions or comments, let us know!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Toller Go to original post
    ...This weekend will be a token collection event. You’ll be able to earn tokens by winning PvP matches, opening lockers and opening PvP packs!...
    Does this mean ALL wins now award tokens? Even if you don't get any in lockers?

Thanks for reverting the bugs.

Here is a question, and its focused around Bugs. When is server side coming? And IF its NOT that's fine. If server side is out of the conversation due to RL\UBISoft wanting to push out new features\cards and not focus on Server Side, understandable it is a p2w mobile game after all.

But, it seems server side is not going to happen... when are the current bugs that have been in the game for 9+ Months going to be fixed? Server side was the end all be all to fixing current bugs and oh my goodness there are tons of them currently that have a high impact on games\battles. Bugs need to be fixed,

Since server side seems not to be feasible nor in the plans any more. When can we see current long-dated bugs in the system being fixed? (I.E Double shots from ranged, Glitches with Imp Tweek, non-registering shots on NK.. etc etc.)

Couple things the community has indicated they would like added to TvT.

First - Fix the scaling of rarity to bottle cap use. There should be no reason 3 level 4 legs, all epics level 4 or 5, commons 6 and rares 5 or 6 across the board should be able to be used in wood tier, nor should they for any tier except for gold. Please address this\scaling of bottle caps to rarity. It's simply not a good process when taking a legendary to level 3 costs the same as a common to 6.

Please add a feature that allows the Leader and or guild to see who has allocated the bottle caps to which card. Leaders need to know who is not listing and just seeing how many bottle caps used does not tell us who is actually not following the team plan.

We need a better UGI\Team Communication platform, ability to see who's applying -- their rank -- stats etc before accepting. Ability to post a note that the team can access at any time, etc etc. You guys said yourself that an outside platform is not required, which is true so please give us something a little better in-game for those teams who do NOT use an outside platform for communication.

We need a Locker Limit count down (been asking for ever for this)

There needs to be more than the -- Win 3 or Lose 3. There is WAY to much build up during the week, to much needed for less than 10 minutes in-battle. There should be battles on each day Sat & Sunday.

We need your beta testers to actually be used. If they were given the chance to actually beta test-- the dougie(s) & DKC--etc.. issues would have been found and never would have made it past them without being fixed. Please use the community to help, your not using a resource at your disposal. The fact that you guys are still making changes and not even doing one round of testing on the card is quite concerning.

Also, can Classi be obtained from the weekend event?
     2 people found this helpful

Honestly can't beleive you nerfed 50% of douggie barrel DMG. Making the less popular theme (adventure) more unplayable than ever. I play since day 1 and my rank is between 750-250, took me months to raise that card to lvl 6. This card is now totaly unplayable. Peps are wagging about douggie tactics but there's so much ways to counter a douggie in each theme strating, Mind control or freeze for Sc fi theme, Zen cartman or Rayon IP for mystical, Transmo or Clyde dwarf knight fantasy, lithgning, arrow storm, adventure etc. You buffed douggie not long ago and now nerf it ? did you guys lost control in the shop ? or your looking to change who wont affact your whales ? theres so much cards who need to be nerfed other than douggie.

Please reconsider, save the adventure theme.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Armageddon08 Go to original post
    Does this mean ALL wins now award tokens? Even if you don't get any in lockers?
    Nope, it's business as usual. You need to win matches to reach the lockers and packs, it's an important step!
    I'll double check with Buck to make sure, but I'm fairly confident that nothing has changed.

Originally Posted by Hershalicious Go to original post
    Thanks for reverting the bugs.
    You're welcome. It just made the most sense while we fix things up.

As to your other questions and comments, here are some answers!

I have no new news regarding the server-side move right now.

Your Team Wars suggestions are great! A lot of it involves issues we're already discussing, but we will of course bring everything you've brought up to the team for consideration.

Our team of Test Dummies are aware of our upcoming plans for them, though I obviously can't get into the details publicly.

Yes, Classi can be obtained during the weekend event. It's her event, after all! It would be a bit weird not to include her. She's going to be a great addition to Phone Destroyer!

Nope, it's business as usual. You need to win matches to reach the lockers and packs, it's an important step!
    I'll double check with Buck to make sure, but I'm fairly confident that nothing has changed.
    *sigh* please, for the love of god, fix this.

Also, does the new card ability stack? So does it get applied each time health goes below half?

Atk40 > less than half health >atk 120 > healed above half health > less than half health > what happens here?

Originally Posted by Armageddon08 Go to original post
    Also, does the new card ability stack? So does it get applied each time health goes below half?

Atk40 > less than half health >atk 120 > healed above half health > less than half health > what happens here?

It does not stack. Once Classi is healed enough to raise her health back up, the ability ends. It is only in play when she is below 50% health.

It does not stack. Once Classi is healed enough to raise her health back up, the ability ends. It is only in play when she is below 50% health.
    Very specifically noticed that the card says when it goes below half BASE health. As base health is 400, does this mean the buff is applied when she drops below 200 health regardless of her level? If that is not the case you need to look at the wording on the card.

Originally Posted by lister_infiji Go to original post
    Very specifically noticed that the card says when it goes below half BASE health. As base health is 400, does this mean the buff is applied when she drops below 200 health regardless of her level? If that is not the case you need to look at the wording on the card.
    I believe that is clarifying that health buffs won't be taken into account when calculating the 50%, but I'll check on that fact to make sure I understand it correctly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►