Thread: Helo insertion for Attackers | Forums

Helo insertion for Attackers

Been seeing alot of "hate spawn killing". Yeah it happens. Its a part of the game, but I think to spice things up, why not add helo-repel. This will change things up and give a new way to get to the objective without having some random person run out on unsuspecting newer players. Whats so wrong with that?

The issue of "Helo" insertion is the enemy has access to the building too quickly some would think but I think the process of repelling would help bridge that "5 seconds attackers take to get to the building". But yet, the defending team has literally a whole set up time to be ready. If they ain't really, they arn't gonna be ready regardless if the enemy is on the top of the building or in the alley outside.

So yeah, Please add the Helo insertion as a option Ubi!
     2 people found this helpful

The reason for this is most maps you can see on top of the roof or can simple run out and look up to get easy kills like Oregon if you spawn on the roof you might as well not selected anybody because you will die
     1 people found this helpful

Sounds like something for Season 5.

Originally Posted by FindFixFinish Go to original post
    Sounds like something for Season 5.
    Can't tell if trolling or serious. lol

Considering they've reworked maps in the past to fix spawn peeking, like extending a wall, or putting a tree in the way, Lets say they fixed the issue of attackers being able to see the roof insertion. How can this be abused? How is a heli insertion bad? Does it break the game? is it unfair?

Originally Posted by Grimsdottirr Go to original post
    Considering they've reworked maps in the past to fix spawn peeking, like extending a wall, or putting a tree in the way, Lets say they fixed the issue of attackers being able to see the roof insertion. How can this be abused? How is a heli insertion bad? Does it break the game? is it unfair?
    It's not that the idea is bad, or anything like that. It's just hard to imagine Ubisoft investing the amount of development resources required to implement it.

I imagine it would take a huge effort to do.

Hey already have helicopters in the game. Infact they could reuse the model from the Border map, the Black Hawk. If players pick the roof insertion point, they can either start in a repelling state from the helicopter onto the roof. Or they just spawn on the roof and the helicopter flys off. That would just be a animated path at that point. They already have the assets really to do it. I don't see it as a huge effort at all.

People have said before that they expected this to be implemented after it appeared in a trailer.

I know. I have had this game since its launch and I'm still surprised they haven't put it in. I'm quite curious as to why they didn't.

Originally Posted by Grimsdottirr Go to original post
    I know. I have had this game since its launch and I'm still surprised they haven't put it in. I'm quite curious as to why they didn't.
    Because on a lot of the maps I could put a nitro on the roof easily.