Thread: The Death of Stealth Games? | Forums

savior2006's Avatar Senior Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDqaUPxqj7Q
    I saw this while skimming Machinema. I don't know if any of you see it. It's basically 4 guys debating (if you can really call it that) about whether stealth games will be seen in the future.
    Tell me what you think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDqaUPxqj7Q
    I saw this while skimming Machinema. I don't know if any of you see it. It's basically 4 guys debating (if you can really call it that) about whether stealth games will be seen in the future.
    Tell me what you think about it.

oO_ShadowFox_Oo's Avatar Senior Member
    Seen it before.

Basically the argument is that most casual gamers haven't got the brain capacity to enjoy stealth games.

Not because they're stupid, just that they don't receive enjoyment from taking their time, being patient, planning and intricately laying strategies and tactics.

This generation of gaming will definitely see a decline in stealth gaming, though hitman didn't do too bad and Thief 4 is on the way.

Thief 4 will be the big marker on the health of stealth.

It's not a matter of paitence sometimes though. For me it's a matter of not being a masochist and deriving pleasure from being beaten into submission by game over screens. It's frustrating as hell and becomes the exact opposite of fun.

I am with Sark; upper right.

And I agree with Shadow. Thief 4 will be the marker along with the new Hitman game whenever it comes out.

Stealth is not dead as soon as Beland isnt in charge of the next Splinter Cell Game and franchise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TF141Rook:
    It's not a matter of paitence sometimes though. For me it's a matter of not being a masochist and deriving pleasure from being beaten into submission by game over screens. It's frustrating as hell and becomes the exact opposite of fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Only the first two games really had that problem though. I couldn't beat SC for the life of me when I was young. Only the very last section of LAX Airport on Pandora Tomorrow gave me any frustrations. Taking out any challenge doesn't guarantee you a fun game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TF141Rook:
    It's not a matter of paitence sometimes though. For me it's a matter of not being a masochist and deriving pleasure from being beaten into submission by game over screens. It's frustrating as hell and becomes the exact opposite of fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Conviction was tailor made for you then. You know what is the exact opposite of fun? Winning and hardly trying. Boring. I like to have some degree of difficulty and required strategy. Conviction has none. Clancy is rolling in his grave. (well, he will when he dies)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:
    Seen it before.

Basically the argument is that most casual gamers haven't got the brain capacity to enjoy stealth games.

Not because they're stupid, just that they don't receive enjoyment from taking their time, being patient, planning and intricately laying strategies and tactics.

This generation of gaming will definitely see a decline in stealth gaming, though hitman didn't do too bad and Thief 4 is on the way.

Thief 4 will be the big marker on the health of stealth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any info about Thief 4 at all?

I dont know if i even want to buy this game now, the love of a good stealth game seams to have gone from what people are saying

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►