Thread: Developer Update: Yo Ho Ho (EDIT 31/1) | Forums

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: Yo Ho Ho (EDIT 31/1)

Hey everyone! It’s Toller reporting in with this week’s news from the world of South Park: Phone Destroyer!

THIS WEEK

EVENTS

Yar, maties! The Challenge mode for this week be one for all those scurvy scallywags! It’s the Pirate Challenge! All pirate cards will have their damage and their health increased by 30%! For easy reference, here be the cards you’ll need to consider!

• Hookhand Clyde
    • Barrel Dougie
    • Captain Wendy
    • Smuggler Ike
    • Buccaneer Bebe
    • Deckhand Butters
    • Pirate Ship Timmy

HOOKHAND CLYDE AHOY!

Your high seas adventures will continue into the weekend, as the fearsome Hookhand Clyde will be taking center stage for our event! For those of you who favor Adventure cards over other themes, you’ll want to make sure you’ve got your deck stacked with the following cards to increase your chances at at taking the top prize!

• Hookhand Clyde
    • Deckhand Butters
    • Pirate Ship Timmy
    • Smuggler Ike
    • Swordsman Garrison
    • Chicken Coop
    • Pigeon Gang
    • Cyborg Kenny
    • Medusa Bebe

The point requirements are as follows:

SOLO REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 5
    2 10
    3 15
    4 25
    5 40
    6 55
    7 75
    8 100

TEAM REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 25
    2 75
    3 250
    4 650
    5 1200
    6 2000

TEAM WARS

Thanks to everyone for providing so much feedback about our recent update! Whenever something new is added to our game, feedback from our players is always considered during those changes. We’ll be taking everything to the team, so please feel free to let us know what you think, if you haven’t already.

ODDS AND ENDS

Heads up for some players: Phone Destroyer will no longer be supporting the following languages: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Turkish, if you are currently playing the game in one of those languages, it will soon be changing to the default language (English).

We recently mentioned that are team was looking at making some adjustments in the future to Bounty Hunter Kyle, and while that remains true (he’s currently on our ‘watch-list’), that balance change will not be happening with the next set of balancing, which will occur after the next season reset. We will be making adjustments to Barrell Dougie and Dwarf Engineer Powerfist Dougie and are fixing a bug with Mr. Slave that affected his healing abilities. We’ll have the full details for that balance in next week’s Developer Update! I’d also like to add that the Dark Prince himself, Satan, is on that same ‘watch-list’ as Bounty Hunter Kyle, and may be adjusted in the near future! Thanks to everyone who reached out with their thoughts about this one. We appreciate your help in improving our game!

EDIT: The post originally mentioned Dwarf Engineer Dougie instead of Powerfist, that was my (Buck) mistake! Sorry about that!

As Team Wars begins, we also want to let you know that we cleaned up some inactive teams this week.

That’s everything I have to share for now! As usual, if you have any questions or comments, let us know!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team!

Stream?

Will there be a dev stream this week?

The live streams are on hold for now, but we'll let you know when they return!

Is server side being worked on atm? Since team wars is out and you don't really seem to be working super hard on your events (no offense(

And how many mystic cards are on this 'watch list'? Not asking for names, just numbers

Is it normal that the cost of every upgrades is 100 bottle caps ? Epic = 100 commun = 100, I think might be a lil bug here

PLUS I think you should fix Mind control it shouldn't be able to control dougie over invul shield ! thanks

No news on the server-side move or what other cards are on the watch list, I'm afraid.

Yes, it is normal that the first upgrade is 100 across the board. The rarity of a card doesn't effect the cost to upgrade.

So, I don't mean to be nosey but, what is the team working on at the moment?

pushing out offers for cards they plan to nerf. About it it seems.

Originally Posted by Tddupuis Go to original post
    Is it normal that the cost of every upgrades is 100 bottle caps ? Epic = 100 commun = 100, I think might be a lil bug here

PLUS I think you should fix Mind control it shouldn't be able to control dougie over invul shield ! thanks
    Invulnerability shields only protect against damage, as it should, so those using tactics like KotDE/Dougie can be defended against. Little known secret, but shielded Dougies can be also be transmogrified. Sorry, you'll have to find some other way to get cheap wins 😉
     2 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►