Thread: Requests for technical game mechanics information | Forums

Requests for technical game mechanics information

Recently in another thread, a fairly technical question was answered by Ubi-Toller relating to game mechanics dealing with Transmogrified units and Pope Timmy.

What I would love to see, is more game-mechanics questions like the aformentioned, asked and answered in here if possible.
    A few examples would be
    What are the unit speed multipliers for each of the slowing effect sources in the game, and how do they interact with speed boosting effects?

Are the Dougies effects considered warcries, and can they be purified of the speed boosting effect they get from it?

Are all unit and spell interactions (excluding board-wide effects like Stan of Many Moons' charged ability and Hallelujah) calculated edge-to-edge of their radii, or are there exceptions?

How much damage per second does Medusa Bebe's Snakes' poison do, and how do various sources of poison interact? (e.g. do they stack separately, does the most powerful take precedence)

Your thread made me remember to answer on that thread that you were referencing about the transmogrify question being answered, but the answer was wrong. I'm also interested in the interaction between slow and hyperdrive effects . I think towelie and stan have the same 16% slow effect, witch garrison's may be slightly lower dunno I never use him, even in challenges I couldn't. I don't know about the Dougies but even if you could purify their boosts I don't know if that would be a proper counter to it anyways. I also don't know about radii so they could answer that; the most recent reference to a radii that I remember from them is boosting the warcry damage distribution of the radii of the highly underused card of outlaw tweek, which after the developers buff still remains underused btw .

Ps: board effects are bad, mmkay. Make them area restricted.

Originally Posted by Void_Away- Go to original post
    Your thread made me remember to answer on that thread that you were referencing about the transmogrify question being answered, but the answer was wrong. I'm also interested in the interaction between slow and hyperdrive effects . I think towelie and stan have the same 16% slow effect, witch garrison's may be slightly lower dunno I never use him, even in challenges I couldn't. I don't know about the Dougies but even if you could purify their boosts I don't know if that would be a proper counter to it anyways. I also don't know about radii so they could answer that; the most recent reference to a radii that I remember from them is boosting the warcry damage distribution of the radii of the highly underused card of outlaw tweek, which after the developers buff still remains underused btw .

Ps: board effects are bad, mmkay. Make them area restricted.
    The slowing effects of Towlie and Poseidon Stan were just buffed by 16%, not set to 16%.
    Witch Garrison previously had the most intense slowing effect, being seemingly twice as powerful of a slow as the aformentioned two other sources of slows, but I am hoping that Toller or Buck could share the raw data.

I remember the post about Outlaw Tweek, they buffed the damage falloff from his warcry's explosive, so that you take more damage at the edge of the blast than before, and I think that is the only instance of Center-to-Edge calculation in the game, however I'd like to know if it's actually Center-To-Edge, or if there is some other calculation at play.

Sadly, a lot of the questions I have for the SPPD Team go unanswered, and it seems like the only time anyone staff-related posts, is if they can definitively say yes or no about something without going into any details. The lack of clarity here is disappointing.

I misunderstood the slowing effect buff then, so yes indeed they shouldn't just state the buff but the base slow reference otherwise that 16% has no meaning for us. I think what the community managers could do in this case is to push for more details on the changes that were done; they probably think it's enough information and that the only info we need is if it's a buff or a nerf, it's not that hard to make some extra notes outlining what's going on.

I think they may have gotten a bit too spoiled with the effort-free(for them) source of card information that they have at their disposal thanks to fan work like that site that offers a spreadsheet with all the stats. I agree that we need more clarity because probably even people involved in the game development don't know how all the effects actually work, and that'll just get messier as they release new cards and effects.