Thread: Massive Framerate and CPU spikes after January Update! | Forums

Skyline247's Avatar Junior Member

Massive Framerate and CPU spikes after January Update!

Hello!

After playing the game for about a month with 0 issues my game has started to stutter. Before January 7 the game had no spikes in Framerate as compared to the now. Unfortunately I did not check what the CPU was like before Jan 7 as well. However after a week of not playing( It is now Jan 12) I get back on and massive, quick framerate drops occurred with spikes in the CPU occurring at the same time!!
    I have tried lowering the settings but still the same issue of spikes in framerate and cpu occurred in all instances. Then I reinstalled my GPU driver (Nvidia 417.35) which had not been updated since it was working fine before hand. I currently suspect the January Update as that was the only change from the two times Ive played.
    Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!

System: Alienware 17 R3
    Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134 Build 17134) Intel i7- 6700HQ 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors 16 GB RAM GeForce GTX 970M

https://youtu.be/bcMgJyfOE2c
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Ginge's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Skyline247,
    Welcome to the forums!

Can you go through this guide and let us know if you still have the same issue (Some steps you have mentioned as trying, but there are some not mentioned, so want to make sure they have been done as well)

If you are still having the same problem after going through that guide, can you please set up a case on our support website, uploading copies of your DXDiag and MSInfo files.
    When you have done that, please let us know your case number

Skyline247's Avatar Junior Member
    OKKKKKK

I have submitted the informational docs and have a case number!

Case Number: 07766628

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi Skyline247! I was able to look into your NFO file. Your computer meets the minimum requirements for ACOD, but not the recommended. You should be able to play the game @ 30 FPS on low presets. Please note the difference between laptop and desktop GPUs here.
    I noticed that you have 16 GB of RAM installed, but only 9.37 GB available. I strongly recommend running a memtest to ensure your RAM is functioning properly. I also recommend disabling extra background applications to lighten the load.
    I also noticed you have both integrated graphics and the NVIDIA card on your system. Please ensure your 970M is enabled as the dedicated GPU for your system.

Let me know if this helps at all!