Thread: Still failing hard to combat cheaters? | Forums

Still failing hard to combat cheaters?

I dropped the game long ago, played only a few days on a new season start with a poker-face without any fun.
    Still watching Siege vids on youtube from time to time and seeing that there is lots of blatant hacking things going on.

Is that really that hard to fix the problem?

It could be solved more or less easily (without any neural networks or actual cheat detection). I suggested and community multiple ways on official forums but no one cares

1.Higher ranked entry level (at least 50+). It will both improve player experience because 20 levels don't know how to play properly and discourage cheaters to farm new accounts
    2.Statistical analysis - I made a huge thread on that, probably a even a few. Is that really hard to monitor fresh accounts for insane KD or penetration kills ratio? (in fact all accounts but with more attention to fresh ones)
    There is no legit way to have winrate of 99% or KD of 5.0, or 50% penetration kills, or 50% headshot ratio in this game for more than couple a days in a row. I mentioned dozens of times that even super good pro players have extremely low penetration kills ratio as well as not that big headshot rates. You can be extremely lucky for one day, or two, but no more. With decent balance in fact your KD and WR will always strive to 1 considering that you're playing against other players of your level and skill. But I seen people with similar stats all the time I played this game

3.Teleporters - you can monitor the player coordinates in a background cycle and if they change drastically in no time he is getting instantly kicked from the server. It will mitigate speedhacks as well. I've done similar things back in the days of 2002 being a 12 y.o. in a game with rich editor and scripting possibilities. Same goes for falling under the map or flying too high - there is obviously a Z coordinate somewhere. How on earth players are allowed to fly somewhere at 100 meters height?
    The only problem I see is those who can teleport because of lag but I'm sure that this can be resolved. Anyway 3) just kicking player is enough

3B. Instant spawnpeeks - same as 3. Is this THAT HARD to detect that player made 3-5 headshots in a second since the game started?
    Or are you that afraid of banning "false positives" as someone told me regarding the stats monitoring? I can't imagine any scenario on how this can be physically possible

4.Reduce reasons to make a smurf. Allow public stats reset while keeping total stats and info on the old playerbase. Add some bonuses for long term players, Idk, discount for skins or new ops, at least some customer appreciation programs, unique skins once a year that can't be purchased, IDK, you have marketing team for that

IS THIS SO HARD?
    Developers are acting in a manner they either don't care or don't know what to do.
    That 2FA that was implemented is laughable, why even warn everyone (including the cheater devs that obviously had 4+ months to think about workarounds).

Seeing all of this I can't return to this game and neither me nor my 4+ friends I played with will return or pay for anything. I purchased the season pass this year and was utterly disappointed in how helpless game developer can be against cheats, boosters, broken balance and all of that crap
     7 people found this helpful

Ubisoft is failing completely to combat cheating at any level, theres currently an epidemic of "people" going around killing the entire enemy team before the preparation phase ends and they are invisible, invulnerable and make no sound while doing it

the game is practically abandon-ware at this point and has been for quite some time, which comes to no surprise since ubisoft has an extensive history of completely ignoring cheaters in their games
     4 people found this helpful

nrod3041's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Incidently Go to original post
    Ubisoft is failing completely to combat cheating at any level, theres currently an epidemic of "people" going around killing the entire enemy team before the preparation phase ends and they are invisible, invulnerable and make no sound while doing it

the game is practically abandon-ware at this point and has been for quite some time, which comes to no surprise since ubisoft has an extensive history of completely ignoring cheaters in their games
    Ok..and yet here you are.

Originally Posted by nrod3041 Go to original post
    Ok..and yet here you are.
    Siege is a good game. Its just a shame that by-and-large, Ubisoft is a **** company.
     2 people found this helpful

2.Statistical analysis - I made a huge thread on that, probably a even a few. Is that really hard to monitor fresh accounts for insane KD or penetration kills ratio? (in fact all accounts but with more attention to fresh ones)
    There is no legit way to have winrate of 99% or KD of 5.0, or 50% penetration kills, or 50% headshot ratio in this game for more than couple a days in a row. I mentioned dozens of times that even super good pro players have extremely low penetration kills ratio as well as not that big headshot rates. You can be extremely lucky for one day, or two, but no more. With decent balance in fact your KD and WR will always strive to 1 considering that you're playing against other players of your level and skill. But I seen people with similar stats all the time I played this game

3.Teleporters - you can monitor the player coordinates in a background cycle and if they change drastically in no time he is getting instantly kicked from the server. It will mitigate speedhacks as well. I've done similar things back in the days of 2002 being a 12 y.o. in a game with rich editor and scripting possibilities. Same goes for falling under the map or flying too high - there is obviously a Z coordinate somewhere. How on earth players are allowed to fly somewhere at 100 meters height?
    The only problem I see is those who can teleport because of lag but I'm sure that this can be resolved. Anyway 3) just kicking player is enough

3B. Instant spawnpeeks - same as 3. Is this THAT HARD to detect that player made 3-5 headshots in a second since the game started?
    Or are you that afraid of banning "false positives" as someone told me regarding the stats monitoring? I can't imagine any scenario on how this can be physically possible

------------------

All of this is legit and should be implimented ASAP.

Good on the OP for coming up with such good ideas.

More to the point though, we need demo recording in-game to catch cheaters. Not this crap with players needing to hurt their own PC performance (and hence gaming performance) to sumbit cheat reports.

Originally Posted by I___DRIVER___I Go to original post
    Siege is a good game. Its just a shame that by-and-large, Ubisoft is a **** company.
    So, the game is good.

Originally Posted by nrod3041 Go to original post
    So, the game is good.
    The GAMEPLAY is good, the game itself has a lot of issues that are a result of ONGOING NEGLIGENCE from Ubisoft.

The GAMEPLAY is good, the game itself has a lot of issues that are a result of ONGOING NEGLIGENCE from Ubisoft.
    Okie dokle. Just trying the mindset with what you are saying.

I am not a technical person, at all. Just trying to understand your context.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    I must admit, you never thought the game was 'bad', just deflated with Ubi for their apparent lack of ability for improvements. I also must admit that lately, with a jungle of crap out there right now, they don't seem to interested in maintaining any customer relations..at least not in these 'official forums' (I don't reddit).

But yea, the game is 'good'.
     1 people found this helpful

Put some incompetence in there as well and you've got it all in a nutshell.
     1 people found this helpful