Thread: Bring back Temporal AA | Forums

Bring back Temporal AA

This was a technology leap in this LCD age. I haven't seen any other game that offers CRT-like resolution scaling on an LCD display, everything was razor sharp like the game was running on native resolution. 25% scaling looked better than 95% scaling currently, and it ran many times faster.

It's the only way to run the game at a minimum 144Hz framerate on a 1080 Ti, so we should be able to get a sharp picture with it!

AFAIK the TAA setting is the same, just the settings are different.

BTW, I disagree. The TAA setting combined with Sharpness Filter is the best I've seen in any game, period.

I can see the difference between 100% and 50% IF I look for it...

...but when I was experimenting with it, I set it to 50% and forgot to set it back to 100%, because the difference is so minimal.

Originally Posted by Leopardi. Go to original post
    This was a technology leap in this LCD age. I haven't seen any other game that offers CRT-like resolution scaling on an LCD display, everything was razor sharp like the game was running on native resolution. 25% scaling looked better than 95% scaling currently, and it ran many times faster.

It's the only way to run the game at a minimum 144Hz framerate on a 1080 Ti, so we should be able to get a sharp picture with it!
    I get easily over 144fps with my 1080ti all maxed. What CPU are you using? Could be bad bottlenecking there.

Originally Posted by SpurguPate1 Go to original post
    I get easily over 144fps with my 1080ti all maxed. What CPU are you using? Could be bad bottlenecking there.
    What resolution though?

1440p @ I can run the game at 120, but not 144

1440 @ 50% res though I can run the game at 170 or so.

Turn off the Ambient Occlusion (which is counter-productive to enemy visibility anyway) and then I'm above 200. So this seems like the best compromise.

Its all conjecture though, because really in any FPS you want the fastest frame rate possible, or above 240 anyway. That means turning the settings down.

You know how high demand is it to keep 144 all time all maxed and going above standard definition? Really hard. If you want 144 and up you need to come down on those graphic demands.Play on 1080p and you can easily play on ultra.

Originally Posted by SpurguPate1 Go to original post
    You know how high demand is it to keep 144 all time all maxed and going above standard definition? Really hard. If you want 144 and up you need to come down on those graphic demands.Play on 1080p and you can easily play on ultra.
    But it's perfectly feasible (even 165Hz) with the old Temporal AA setting, and the screen looked sharp as with native resolution.

This was a really good solution to get high FPS while keeping the screen looking sharp like it's still native resolution.

Originally Posted by I___DRIVER___I Go to original post
    AFAIK the TAA setting is the same, just the settings are different.

BTW, I disagree. The TAA setting combined with Sharpness Filter is the best I've seen in any game, period.

I can see the difference between 100% and 50% IF I look for it...

...but when I was experimenting with it, I set it to 50% and forgot to set it back to 100%, because the difference is so minimal.
    You must have a small screen placed at a considerable distance? The reflex sight turns into an aquarelle painting when you detach from 100% scaling, and there are ghosting artifacts with the post processing T-AA, which weren't there either with the old 25% scaling + 2x MSAA system.

Long range shooting without ACOG is greatly hindered as well with the overall fuzziness introduced with the post processing TAA currently... even if you add the sharpness filter. It's still an addition sharpness filter fuzzing on top of the TAA there.

Instead of removing the original temporal AA, there should have been a 50% scaling option for it.

Since 25% looked so good, it would have been practically indistinguishable from 100% scaling I bet.