Thread: Transmogrify | Forums

  1. #1

    Transmogrify

    Hi Ubi-Toller !

    Right now I found out that a transmogrified unit can be brought back 2 life with Pope Timmy. I donít really get it. Pope brings back a ally character that died recently. TM transforms the target enemy into a rat. Į\_(ツ)_/Į. There always has been enough people asking why transmogrify is epic and UC is just rare although it does pretty much the same and does extra damage(u can also use UC to finish a bar/game if your opponent has only little life left). Always thought that stopping the Pope Timmy combos is a huge difference compared to UC. Medusa Bebe is turning killed opponents into rats so the death wishes arenít activated. Thought turning/transforming isnít the same as killing ?!
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    971
    Hi there!

    Once the transmogrified unit is destroyed, it is then eligible to be brought back by Pope Timmy. If it remains on the field as a rat, there will be no effect as Pop Timmy can only resurrect, so the unit does need to be defeated first. However, Pope Timmy will restore that unit as it originally appeared and not as the rat it was turned into.

    I hope that helps clarify, but let me know if you have any further questions.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Mmkay. Thanks for the answer Ubi. Although I think that the last unit is the last unit and nothing else.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Interesting to hear that the unit is truly Transmogrified instead of how a lot of other games handle it, by killing and summoning a new unit in it's place at the same time.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Toller Go to original post
    Hi there!

    Once the transmogrified unit is destroyed, it is then eligible to be brought back by Pope Timmy. If it remains on the field as a rat, there will be no effect as Pop Timmy can only resurrect, so the unit does need to be defeated first. However, Pope Timmy will restore that unit as it originally appeared and not as the rat it was turned into.

    I hope that helps clarify, but let me know if you have any further questions.
    I really feel like they should change it to where if the last unit killed was transmogrified into a rat, then Pope Timmy should bring back a rat. Think about it, it makes sense. You know all those people who complain about Pope Timmy being abused to bring back strong units? This would be a great counter to that. It also might finally make Transmogrify as good as Unholy Combustion, which it actually should be a better spell seeing as how it's an Epic compared to a Rare of the same cost. You really should consider passing this idea on to the devs and see what they think.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by JR0MER0 Go to original post
    I really feel like they should change it to where if the last unit killed was transmogrified into a rat, then Pope Timmy should bring back a rat. Think about it, it makes sense. You know all those people who complain about Pope Timmy being abused to bring back strong units? This would be a great counter to that. It also might finally make Transmogrify as good as Unholy Combustion, which it actually should be a better spell seeing as how it's an Epic compared to a Rare of the same cost. You really should consider passing this idea on to the devs and see what they think.

    Thank you for your support ! It really would change a lot since there are differences in the rarity. This little effect would make Transmogrify more valuable.


    Letís compare the possibilities of the two cards :

    UC : - kills one unit
    - Deals damage to nearby units and new kid
    - you can target just the NK and deal damage
    - you can destroy chicken coop (not sure)

    Transmogrify : - turns a unit into a rat




    So, i really donít get it while the one is epic and the other rare. Someone made this decision and I would love to know why.


    If there are some other possibilities please let me know.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Japdalion Go to original post
    Thank you for your support ! It really would change a lot since there are differences in the rarity. This little effect would make Transmogrify more valuable.


    Letís compare the possibilities of the two cards :

    UC : - kills one unit
    - Deals damage to nearby units and new kid
    - you can target just the NK and deal damage
    - you can destroy chicken coop (not sure)

    Transmogrify : - turns a unit into a rat




    So, i really donít get it while the one is epic and the other rare. Someone made this decision and I would love to know why.


    If there are some other possibilities please let me know.
    Yep, I've been been pushing for them to improve Transmogrify for a while now as you can see here
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ss-on-to-devs)

    The only real advantage Transmogrify currently has over Unholy Combustion is that with UC you can actually miss the intended target and waste the spell, whereas Transmogrify doesn't get cast unless you actually hit the target. Even so, you have to be pretty careless to miss and UH is still by far the superior spell.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    fecog's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    76
    It's easy to miss, if there are many units close together.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    What happens when Medusa changes an opponent to a snake. I don't think Pope can resurrect that character. What's the difference?
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Good point. I tried telling him the same thing with killing multiple swarm units (rat, pigeon or c o c k) after I kill the tank, and the tank gets resurrected instead even though it wasn't the last to die. I don't know why they don't understand why PT is such a cheat and change him.
    Share this post