VirtualRain.'s Avatar Member

Help me out with this lone wolf role play scenario...

I’m thinking of starting a new lone wolf role play scenario and want to flesh out a back story and play style to guide my role playing.

For context, my last lone wolf was a former Mexican Cartel member that was wronged by Sueno, Muro, and Plaga and was out for revenge for the death of his family. With nothing to lose, he was aggressive and wanting to make a statement, so had no problem going loud and killing em all. He masked his face and rode a motorbike almost exclusively and couldn’t fly a helo and didn’t have a drone or Rebel support.

I’m thinking this time to go total stealth. He will never be seen. If he is spotted, he vanishes. Maybe he’s a trained assassin that’s good at sniping, stealth, and CQC. Maybe he’s well funded with access to some high end weapons, and gear (ghillie suits). Maybe he travels in plain sight in some disguise. I just got a Lamborghini in a crate that I would love to utilize somehow... I wonder if he could pose as a Bouchone when he travels around Bolivia.

Another thought is that he has a pilot/assistant that flys him anywhere and his MO is to parachute into every AO. And the Assistant can pick him up and any HVT for extraction and provide resupply drops.

Thoughts on this? What could be a good back story? Maybe he’s a Unidad defector? A SB assassin turned good? Or maybe a Los Extranjeros advanced scout? Maybe a foreign government agent? Russian? Maybe he’s Bookhart with a change of heart?

Any other styles of play I could consider?

Any ideas are welcome.

Maybe he's a Fourth Echelon agent. o.O

ndzvillain's Avatar Banned
    Go grab JC4, it's still hot on the shelves. You'll have an infinitely better time.

shobhit7777777's Avatar Senior Member
    A good template would be Alejandro - Benicio Del Toro's character from Sicario. I think his backstory matches up with yours.
    Lone wolf terrorizing the SBC. Doesn't waste any opportunity to ice cartel mooks. Dude's the boogeyman of Bolivia.
    Emphasis on 'Terror'...let the last guy live, drive by's, car bombs, snipe and run tactics. Anything to keep the Cartel alwayd guessing.
    I suppose you could use rebel support.

Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 Go to original post
    A good template would be Alejandro - Benicio Del Toro's character from Sicario. I think his backstory matches up with yours.
    Lone wolf terrorizing the SBC. Doesn't waste any opportunity to ice cartel mooks. Dude's the boogeyman of Bolivia.
    Emphasis on 'Terror'...let the last guy live, drive by's, car bombs, snipe and run tactics. Anything to keep the Cartel alwayd guessing.
    I think what Rain is saying is that their previous roleplay was a character similar to Alejandro Gillick but that they are now considering a new character they want some suggestions for.

Yeah, that was actually the inspiration to my last line wolf character... it was a lot of fun!

Originally Posted by non-exist-ent Go to original post
    I think what Rain is saying is that their previous roleplay was a character similar to Alejandro Gillick but that they are now considering a new character they want some suggestions for.
    Correct.

For a style of play, as noted above, I was thinking of a sniper style of play this time around. But the problem with a sniper is that it gets fairly boring fairly quickly. You’re rarely putting yourself in harms way.

CQC is more challenging. It’s way more risky.

Maybe his MO is snipe the obvious threats to enable infiltration and then CQC only. Maybe his only weapons are a sniper rifle and a pistol? (more to stop me from reverting to my default assault MO)

But could he do many of the game missions like this? For example, Can you take Yuri and Polito with a pistol?

As for background, it’s still wide open.

Originally Posted by VirtualRain. Go to original post
    Yeah, that was actually the inspiration to my last line wolf character... it was a lot of fun!

Correct.

For a style of play, as noted above, I was thinking of a sniper style of play this time around. But the problem with a sniper is that it gets fairly boring fairly quickly. You’re rarely putting yourself in harms way.

CQC is more challenging. It’s way more risky.

Maybe his MO is snipe the obvious threats to enable infiltration and then CQC only. Maybe his only weapons are a sniper rifle and a pistol? (more to stop me from reverting to my default assault MO)

But could he do many of the game missions like this? For example, Can you take Yuri and Polito with a pistol?

Maybe your sniper has a small compact SMG or PDW for unavoidable assault situations.

If you want the sniper rifle on your back the whole time maybe even use a MAC10 as a sidearm instead of a pistol.

Personally I'd just put the sniper rifle away if you have to go inside and assault someone---as with Yuri and Polito---and bring an EVO3 or MP7 or something instead.

If you care about realism in your role playing, which I know you do, going stealth makes a LOT more sense than going against the 3 top hombres of the cartel with a mere motorcycle.

shobhit7777777's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by non-exist-ent Go to original post
    Oops. You're right. My bad...thanks, Ami

Originally Posted by VirtualRain. Go to original post
    Okay. How about this -

You character is ex-22 SAS. Operated in Latin America before in counter narcotic capacity- which they actually did.
    Post retirement he's on the private circuit. The CIA hires him to destabilise the SBC. Nothing personal, just another job for him.

He's a totally deniable asset...and is not as well funded as a legit Ghost squad. Which means-
    - No drone
    - No HUD
    - No super high speed gear

Restrict yourself to some old school weapons like the MP5 and the M4A1. Pick 2 weapons...and only use them for the entire playthrough. Feel free to pick SAS typical weapons.
    No fancy crye gear - slum it with Ts and Denims...maybe a woodland BDU for patrol work.

The only rebel supports you can use is the guns for hire.

That ought to emphasise stealth and make it fun.

Oops. You're right. My bad...thanks, Ami

Okay. How about this -

You character is ex-22 SAS. Operated in Latin America before in counter narcotic capacity- which they actually did.
    Post retirement he's on the private circuit. The CIA hires him to destabilise the SBC. Nothing personal, just another job for him.

He's a totally deniable asset...and is not as well funded as a legit Ghost squad. Which means-
    - No drone
    - No HUD
    - No super high speed gear

Restrict yourself to some old school weapons like the MP5 and the M4A1. Pick 2 weapons...and only use them for the entire playthrough. Feel free to pick SAS typical weapons.
    No fancy crye gear - slum it with Ts and Denims...maybe a woodland BDU for patrol work.

The only rebel supports you can use is the guns for hire.

That ought to emphasise stealth and make it fun.
    That’s a great idea. I like it. It works well with the whole Bowman/CIA narrative and justifies him being solo. I will definitely consider that.

Another thought that has been coming together...

A local guy who grew up in Bolivia goes off to school and joins the Bolivian Armed forces and becomes a proficient sniper and takes an interest in martial arts. After several years, he ultimately finds himself in the region amongst the ranks of the Unidad. He immediately sees the issues and sides at play and realizes he can’t be a part of this corrupt otganization so goes AWOL after being recruited by an old buddy into Pac Kataris organization and ultimately does some work with Sandoval. When Sandoval goes missing, Bowman turns to this guy for help. He’s well connected with the Rebels, still has a buddy within Unidad that can occasionally get him gear and even the odd vehicle, and he has a connection with the key NPCs.

He could have access to common Unidad weapons and tactical gear as well as some vehicles (I really like the Off-roader - Unidad Jeep)

He could build up his reputation with the rebels (doing side missions) to get guns for hire and diversion assistance from time to time. I could even turn on the AI team for the occasional mission if I equipped and outfitted them as rebels.

I would assume he doesn’t have a drone (which is really unnecessary for me anyway as I’m intimately familiar with every inch of the map now).

Being trained in sharp shooting and martial arts makes him a stealth killing machine.