Thread: This has been happening a lot to me lately (CLIP) | Forums

This has been happening a lot to me lately (CLIP)

Notice that on my screen, I died AFTER I moved back into cover (which happens, as a natural part of any game with any degree of latency)

But what irks me, is the killcam CLEARLY shows that im not there when he fired, which tells me even the SERVER said I was no longer there. So I don't know what happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stwmM9IRp7E

2 opponents were firing at you through holes cut in the barricade by Maverick.

The first shots, as seen from your perspective at the start of the video, were fired square-on to the barricade from a low position.

The second shots were from Twitch, whose shots were passing through the barricade from a position to the right of you, near the boat along the wall.

When the first shots came in, you started to move back diagonally, into the corner. The second player still had line of sight to you, as seen from the bullet trails and the kill cam footage as you moved back, and their shots killed you.

Your position in the 'kill cam' as marked by the red 'You', made it look like you had moved behind the cover to your left. But in fact what it showed, was you moving backwards in line of sight of the second shooter, and then falling backwards dead.

When you died the camera instantly cut away from the direction of the shots making events look strange. It makes me wonder if this kill cam is what is making a lot of us lose our tempers.

Originally Posted by FindFixFinish Go to original post
    2 opponents were firing at you through holes cut in the barricade by Maverick.

The first shots, as seen from your perspective at the start of the video, were fired square-on to the barricade from a low position.

The second shots were from Twitch, whose shots were passing through the barricade from a position to the right of you, near the boat along the wall.

When the first shots came in, you started to move back diagonally, into the corner. The second player still had line of sight to you, as seen from the bullet trails and the kill cam footage as you moved back, and their shots killed you.

Your position in the 'kill cam' as marked by the red 'You', made it look like you had moved behind the cover to your left. But in fact what it showed, was you moving backwards in line of sight of the second shooter, and then falling backwards dead.

When you died the camera instantly cut away from the direction of the shots making events look strange. It makes me wonder if this kill cam is what is making a lot of us lose our tempers.
    Not QUITE sure what you are talking about
    You can clearly see 2 semi shots MISS me, and then I back up, and get shot by twitch

Watching the kill cam, you can see Twitch fire 3 semi shots. The first 2 miss, and then the 3rd one, hits me even after I move back into cover
    Play it frame by frame, my head is not even visible when She fires the 3rd shot

Originally Posted by Mad_Dog8762 Go to original post
    Not QUITE sure what you are talking about
    You can clearly see 2 semi shots MISS me, and then I back up, and get shot by twitch

Watching the kill cam, you can see Twitch fire 3 semi shots. The first 2 miss, and then the 3rd one, hits me even after I move back into cover
    Play it frame by frame, my head is not even visible when She fires the 3rd shot
    You were killed by Twitch's second shot.

As I explained in my first post; the movement you see in the kill cam as designated by the red marker, is of you falling backwards when you are already dead, and not of you moving into cover. When your head is visible in the first part of the kill cam you are peeking and then moving diagonally backwards into the corner. As you are beginning to move you are headshot and fall backwards.

Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    Tough to see at that range but it looked like a legit kill. Appeared to clip you multiple times before you pulled back behind cover. The fact you didn't die instantly is weird but the kill still looked legit.

It did look a bit strange though.

I think the second shot killed him but that there was a delay before it registered.

The blood splatter from the second shot seemed to appear just as the third shot was fired.

Because there was a delay in the shot registering Mad_Dog8762 seemed to move backwards slightly even though the server must have decided he was already dead.

It was either that or the third shot got him because his hit-box was still where his head used to be when he moved back.

I can see why Mad_Dog8762 was annoyed. The whole thing was a mess and completely open to interpretation.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Looks like another funky delayed shot as FindFixFinish summarized. It used to happen to me a lot too. I have no clue why it happens though.