Thread: My Arguments for Turkish Operators | Forums

My Arguments for Turkish Operators

I know this is sort of a controversial topic, but I'd like to share my thoughts and ask for the ideas of the others anyway.

I am from Turkey. Not the consciously nationalist type, but I don't exactly deny my ethnicity either. I do realize that not everyone who is outside of Turkey really cares about whether the game has Turkish operators or not, but still... Witnessing the introduction of Moroccon operators and made-up units while there isn't a single thing relating to your country doesn't exactly feel good, especially when you are almost certain that there aren't nearly as many Moroccon players as there are players from your own country. To be dead honest, it sort of feels like an insult.

Certainly, being geographically close to them increases my chances of being matched with other Turks, but I end up being matched with other Turks a bit too often. I play CS:GO as well, and for me; Siege definitely feels more "Turkey" than CS:GO does, which is a game in which Turks are sort of a famous minority.

Also knowing that Ubisoft has been translating Siege to Turkish, (Although I personally won't be playing the game in Turkish) I'd say that they agree there are definitely enough Turkish players in the game to spend money specifically for them.

With these in mind, why does Ubisoft go all the way over to Morocco and add Moroccon operators, and even worse, "Rainbow Units" which don't even exist in real life that include operators from countries that already have other operators in the game? (Although, I should admit, I wouldn't be exactly pleased with having a single Turkish operator, but it would be more satisfactory than no operators)

So... To vocalize my main question throughout this thread: Why is there no Turkish operators, and why are there operators from countries that don't have that many active players?

To clarify: I have nothing against Morocco, but I would be really surprised if there were not way more Turks than Moroccons who play Siege... And no, I don't get triggered when an operator from Korea is released.

If there is a chance that XYZ country is going to cause controversy, they'll abstain from doing so.

I don't know much about Turkey, only that its a NATO allie, but that may change.

Originally Posted by I___DRIVER___I Go to original post
    If there is a chance that XYZ country is going to cause controversy, they'll abstain from doing so.

I don't know much about Turkey, only that its a NATO allie, but that may change.
    Any country can cause controversy though. As an example, I make liberation jokes whenever I use an M249 in a video game, which is sort of dark humor.

Turkey is terrible in terms of internal affairs, but I don't think most people from other countries point at Turkey as the "Evil nation". It is arguably less evil when it comes to international relations when compared to strong and non controversial countries.

Originally Posted by Cagur_Adevy Go to original post
    Any country can cause controversy though. As an example, I make liberation jokes whenever I use an M249 in a video game, which is sort of dark humor.

Turkey is terrible in terms of internal affairs, but I don't think most people from other countries point at Turkey as the "Evil nation". It is arguably less evil when it comes to international relations when compared to strong and non controversial countries.
    I think there should be operators from all the countries including middle eastern countries like Israel and Turkey, but Ubisoft basically a french Activision.

The Devs already probably asked corperate what countries they can and cannot put into the game.

Given that they already repeated some nation use with Lion and Finka, I'm guessing the nations they can pick from is a small list.

Originally Posted by I___DRIVER___I Go to original post
    I think there should be operators from all the countries including middle eastern countries like Israel and Turkey, but Ubisoft basically a french Activision.

The Devs already probably asked corperate what countries they can and cannot put into the game.

Given that they already repeated some nation use with Lion and Finka, I'm guessing the nations they can pick from is a small list.
    Seeing as isreal has some very excellent spec ops and Mexico actually has some good ctus I'd agree. Sadly today games can't do anything remotely looking like taking a political stance lest they be crucified. Look at div2 everyone who wanted to tried to say massive was making a political forecast because the game is set in DC. They did it with div1 and the looters in the game. Ppl over there chomping at the bit when someone killed them because police brutality never mind the fact that they killed and did unspeakable acts.

I doubt there is any agenda. All of these units are controversial.