Thread: Developer Update (EDITED): The Dark Lord Returns & A Fond Farewell | Forums

ThatDarnSteve's Avatar CommunityDeveloper

Developer Update (EDITED): The Dark Lord Returns & A Fond Farewell

Hey, gang! Steve from RedLynx here, with some South Park: Phone Destroyer news.

THIS WEEK

We conducted a season reset this week, and though there were a few bumps in the road (cash missing) we’ve managed to correct this now. We have had discussions with our team that should prevent an issue like this from happening in the future. Thanks for the patience, and sorry for the trouble!

We’re also aware that it’s been a bit of time since we gave out a Race to Legendary reward pack. This was a logistical issue due to the holidays, but will be remedied when this seasons rewards go out next week. You can expect an extra juicy reward pack!

TINY CHALLENGE

In a unique shakeup, this week’s Challenge will cap all cards at Level 1, and should provide an interesting leveling of the playing field of sorts. For those of you in upper Legendary, this may be a fun throwback to the early days of playing. Some of you have already completed a round or two, so let’s see your deck ideas for this one below!

THE DARK LORD RETURNS

If you weren’t able to snag a copy of Satan during his events late last year, rejoice praise the Dark Lord, for he is making his return! In this weekend’s event, you’ll have chances to snag your first copy of this coveted demon or - for those of you that have him - earn those copies you need to get him leveled up.

This weekend’s event will be a card usage event. The cards for this event will be:

🔥 - Fireball
    🤠 - Outlaw Tweek
    💾- Program Stan
    🔫 - Gunslinger Kyle
    ⚔️ - Paladin Butters
    ✌️- Zen Cartman
    👨🐻🐷- Manbearpig
    👢- Calamity Heidi

The point value requirements are as follows (EDITED):

SOLO REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 5
    2 12
    3 25
    4 40
    5 60
    6 85
    7 115
    8 150

TEAM REWARDS
    Reward Tier Points Required
    1 30
    2 100
    3 350
    4 850
    5 1500
    6 2500

DEVELOPER STREAM

There will be no live stream this week, as Buck & Badger are working remotely, and I’m uh… totally not lonely here in Helsinki without them... 🙄

NEXT WEEK

Now that our team is back in action after the holidays, we’ll be releasing an update next week! That will begin rolling out on January 15th, and will include the Team Wars feature! Buck will have more details on the specifics and a full breakdown on what else is included in this update early next week.

A FOND FAREWELL
    And now, for a bit of personal news... This will be my last week here at RedLynx! Unfortunately, there have been some illnesses in my family recently, and I will be moving away from Helsinki in order to be closer to them, and to help them during this difficult time.

The last 2 years or so have been absolutely incredible. I could not have asked for a more interesting game to work with, nor could I have found one that I love so much. Getting to know members of our community and sharing a love for this game, and for South Park has been incredible. You'd be hard pressed to find a more passionate bunch than all of you, and I'm grateful for all the help you've given us in making this game better, as well as all the fun we've had together. Likewise, working with the team here at RedLynx has been an incredible experience, and getting to work directly with South Park has been a dream come true.

So thank you all for your passion, and for all the fun along the way! I'll still be actively playing and looking forward to the exciting developments Phone Destroyer has in store for the future. I'll also be looking for a team to join, so if you have an open spot and don't mind my lack of mustache, drop a comment below! 😉

Love,
    Steve🚀
     1 people found this helpful

lukazilla5xg's Avatar Junior Member
    Sorry to hear you're leaving. Hope everything gets better. I'm sending positive thoughts for you and your family

Hi Steve,
    thank you for all the work you have done for us and the game. I have a question:

How come it was only possible to get Incan Craig, Medusa Bebe, Mr. Hankey or Satan as a legendary in the End of Season reward pack? Why wasn't it announced?
     1 people found this helpful

Hope all goes well with the family.

Question, it says you will role out the update for the game on the 15th which is Tuesday but the weekly announcements dont come out to Wednesday. So kinda confused, is more info coming on the 15th, or an update to the game OR is Team vs Team rolling out that day when we will start to collect bottle caps?

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by pepipepi13 Go to original post
    Hi Steve,
    thank you for all the work you have done for us and the game. I have a question:

How come it was only possible to get Incan Craig, Medusa Bebe, Mr. Hankey or Satan as a legendary in the End of Season reward pack? Why wasn't it announced?
    Announcing what is in the Legendary packs would ruin the surprise.

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Hershalicious Go to original post
    Question, it says you will role out the update for the game on the 15th which is Tuesday but the weekly announcements dont come out to Wednesday. So kinda confused, is more info coming on the 15th, or an update to the game OR is Team vs Team rolling out that day when we will start to collect bottle caps?
    More information will be released early next week, as Steve said. We don't have all the details just yet.

Bucks message on Reddit.

"There will be an update to the game, via your app store (Google or Apple), that will start on Tuesday, the 15th. Generally those updates can take up to 24 hours to roll out to all users. I'm not 100% sure if there will be a War the first week (I'm out of office, so I may be missing information) but if there is, Tuesday would be a voting day and bottle cap collection would start on Wednesday. I'm going to assume there won't be a Team War in the first week, due to people needing to download the update and the weekly Team Wars will start each Monday."

Thanks for all !!

You (and anyone else) are most welcome to join our team for an event, upcoming wars or longer - Cows 'N' Aliens have still some open slots and waiting for weary travelers

Bye Steve , Good luck with your sick family

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►