Thread: The vote to kick system is pure ******** | Forums

The vote to kick system is pure ********

You've joined a game in progress and you're taking a while to load in?

Vote kicked.

You fail to clutch because your team all die within 30 seconds?

Vote kicked

You pick an operator somebody else wanted?

Vote kicked.

What's that I hear you say? Find a team to play with? Yeah I had over 10 friends playing rainbow at one point but they've all left to play other things because of the constant ********.
     2 people found this helpful

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    I say vote kick should only be available if a player does team damage or AFK for 1 minute or longer.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Sgt Astor Go to original post
    I say vote kick should only be available if a player does team damage or AFK for 1 minute or longer.
    Something needs to be done because it's hardly ever used for the right reason, it's mostly abused
     1 people found this helpful

100% agree that vote to kick system is abused. they need to remove it or change it.

Show the name of the person who initiated it so we can kick him instead Ubi

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sam_vimes_ Go to original post
    What's that I hear you say? Find a team to play with?
    I would have, but you're talking casual stuff so meh.

What if the player is giving away position in chat? Vote.

What if the player is drawing a penls on some outside dumpster while the last 2 mins are ticking down and everyone else is d.e.a.d.? Vote

What if the player is..oh forget it..I'm sure the 4 stack will handle things in a different capacity if they want a player out of their hair. One way or another you cant force a solo into a team that doesn't want him. The only way you can deal with the vote is to eliminate 4 stacks and solo players, because eliminating/regulating the vote kick would increase team killing, so you can try to eliminate it but you would need to replace the team killing system with something way more advanced to indicate intentional gang team killings.

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    I would have, but you're talking casual stuff so meh.

What if the player is giving away position in chat? Vote.

What if the player is drawing a penls on some outside dumpster while the last 2 mins are ticking down and everyone else is d.e.a.d.? Vote

What if the player is..oh forget it..I'm sure the 4 stack will handle things in a different capacity if they want a player out of their hair. One way or another you cant force a solo into a team that doesn't want him. The only way you can deal with the vote is to eliminate 4 stacks and solo players, because eliminating/regulating the vote kick would increase team killing, so you can try to eliminate it but you would need to replace the team killing system with something way more advanced to indicate intentional gang team killings.
    its swings and roundabouts mate. you make valid points but the problem is that its only ever abused... I dont pretend to know how it could be fixed the only thing i know is that it needs changing

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sam_vimes_ Go to original post
    its swings and roundabouts mate. you make valid points but the problem is that its only ever abused... I dont pretend to know how it could be fixed the only thing i know is that it needs changing
    If you think about it the only reasonable explanation for the vote kick is so 4 stacks have a viable option to remove their potentially toxic random instead of team killing. That's why I think there is no way to remove the vote without creating some super duty solo anti-tk system. And lets assume such a system works well at maintaining the soloist survival, how do you think that would effect the team that is forced an unwanted player?

As long as there is friendly fire there will be the injustice of forced removal of soloist. There is no way, that I imagine, to remove the vote kick without risking further damage to inter-community relations. Its an unfortunate dead end problem.