Thread: Question.. Team Gadget killing | Forums

Question.. Team Gadget killing

Hi.

So let's say I place a shock-wire on barbed or a reinforced wall then my teammate place or throw his gadget right there and gets it destroyed.. Just explain to me how is it my fault? Why on earth do I get -10 for team gadget killing? This is obviously unfair.
     1 people found this helpful

Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    How about when Rook puts his vests down and all 5 get taken so you shoot the empty bag to get it out of the way and you lose 10 points?
     2 people found this helpful

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by redhot93 Go to original post
    Just explain to me how is it my fault? Why on earth do I get -10 for team gadget killing? This is obviously unfair.
    Sometimes it's not your fault and sometimes it might be. Just because you might be the gadget golden child that never screws up doesn't mean that others aren't so cleaver at noticing their misdoings. So don't take it personally, it's just a token point deduction to warn the player that they just did a boo boo and need to pay more attention to what they're doing. It's obviously not fair, but it is what it is.

@Major2, if it's empty and we shoot it then we shouldn't lose any score. I agree.

@WWBCoop, It's not about me being the "gadget golden child" or not. Last time someone put his gadget twice on my shockwire so I got -20. He did it once, I ignored it then he did it again. I'm not taking really personally, regardless of how I sound. I don't cuss at the game but it's just "Uffs" and "Ahs". I'm taking my time writing here because it's frustrating when you see your score goes to minus when it's just so obvious how unfair it is.

@WWBCoop, It's not about me being the "gadget golden child" or not.
    Don't take my line personally, I was generalizing players that are extremely attentive around team gads. Hell, I'm a GGC and I still get -10 here and there due to drunk/stoned players. It's not a big deal unless it's intentional and even then there's not much you can do besides not choosing Bandit or Kaid.
     2 people found this helpful

I'm just curious. Why do people destroy rook's bag when its empty? Has it ever proved to be useful to destroy rook's bag? I have played 700 hours of the game and never really understood why people do it.

@WBBCoop, Yeah, I know. But we should at least try to let the Devs know that they need to fix it.

@Slammin_Penguin. I don't really shoot it. But it's mostly because it's been placed in the wrong spot. Doorway or near to a wall, on a hatch, or whatever. So if you want to barricade or place shockwire, etc, you won't be able to because it's blocking your way.

@WBBCoop, Yeah, I know. But we should at least try to let the Devs know that they need to fix it.
    Yea, but there's nothing to fix. It's a simple team damage expression mechanic. Do you want something else that just gives out the information that you just damaged a team gadget?..like a quick popup that says "Please stop, team damage".

No offense mate, but this is arguably a laughable complaint. It's a silly non-consequential mechanic. Don't take it so personal that you feel that you're being punished by someone else's stupidity.

Hm, I don't think I even hinted for something else. I don't want something else. I just want them to stop deducting our score for something we did not do. Easy as that. It may not matter for you, but it matters for some.

So you want no team gadget score deductions with no identification that you just took out someones stuff? How does that make any sense? There has to be something displayed that you (in general) are doing something wrong and some form of deterrent to prevent team gad damage. What happens if I play Mute and want my jammer there and not your shock stuff so I shoot your battery?..nothing? What happens if I beat you to with Mute and you still put your shock stuff there?..nothing?

It's not that I don't think you have a point, or I'm trying to argue, I just don't think it accidentally happens that often to be a big deal..or even a small deal. If it does happen that often then you're playing with trolls or idiots and you need to secure a team or blow it off.