Thread: Challenge 1-3 Game Crashing Bug | Forums

Challenge 1-3 Game Crashing Bug

Every time without fail when attempting Challenge 1-3, as soon as I attack one of the Smashers my game crashes.

I've tried restarting both the game and my switch, and I've even reinstalled the game. Unfortunately none of that solved the issue.

I read from others having the issue that if I attempt the challenge with the starting 3 characters and equip them with the basic weapons it may not crash, but that didn't work either.

So far it's not a huge deal as it only happens with this challenge (although I have yet to finish all the challenges in World 1, or even start World 2), but I would still very much like to accomplish the game 100% and this will eventually be an obstacle to that goal.
     1 people found this helpful

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    If you have a physical copy try taking out the cartridge and reinserting it.

What characters and weapons did you first use? What were you using when you tried after changing them out?

Sorry forgot to mention that it is in fact a digital copy of the game. I was initially using Mario, Rabbid Luigi, and Luigi with weapons unlocked after finishing Rabbid DK, but I later tested it with the characters you have unlocked in chapter one: Mario, Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach, and even switched all of there weapons to the starter weapons (however they did all have secondary weapons unlocked, so maybe I should reset their skill trees and attempt without secondaries?)

Update, I tried resetting everybody's skills back to zero and reattempting the challenge, but the game still crashed as soon as I made an attack on one of the Smashers. Now I am out of ideas, and decently frustrated.

Any mods/devs have other workarounds? Is anybody looking into this game-breaking glitch? If not, how would I go about actually contacting support so somebody who has the ability to, can fix this issue?

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I've been looking into this issue, and I'm not seeing anything conclusive that might provide a cause for the crash. I recommend making sure you've tried the steps in our Switch troubleshooting FAQ. There is a link in that FAQ that will move you to our support website as well.