GarretDanilo's Avatar Member

This isn't the BGE2 game that i'm waiting for!

By now many of you have read the Q&A on the site and most of us (me included) are pissed of for the online issue.
    From my point of view the biggest problem lies in the low quality of storytelling and graphics that most of always-online games have like MMO.
    In the end i'm fine with the game to require an online connection IF don't penalize the quality of the game, but the developers many times promised us a great story, deep interaction with characters and beautiful graphics with high quality of facial expressions and all of this will be impossible if BGE2 will be similar to an MMORPG game.
    So i hope the developers will clarify the issue as soon as possible here on the forum or during the next event/livestream.
    We as Space Monkey but most of all as FANS of the story, the world and the characters of BGE 1 MUST fight against this issue, so do you guys feel the same?
     1 people found this helpful

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    I really wonder if there is any technical reason.
    Because if it were for the Multiplayer then this is just a non-argument.
    It certainly looks like BGE2 moves to the "Games as a Service" titles because Ubisoft got a few of these now.

I am not happy with it. I voiced my opinion.
    You should vote here. https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ayable-Offline
    Sadly many don't use the forums it seems.
     1 people found this helpful

GarretDanilo's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Legion-495 Go to original post
    Because if it were for the Multiplayer then this is just a non-argument.
    It certainly looks like BGE2 moves to the "Games as a Service" titles because Ubisoft got a few of these now.

I am not happy with it. I voiced my opinion.
    You should vote here. https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ayable-Offline
    Sadly many don't use the forums it seems.
    I've added my opinion soon after i've created the thread and i've done the same on Twitter by posting the article of playstationlifestyle, i suggest you and others to do the same.

Lyogron's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Legion-495 Go to original post
    There really isn't. The always-online push is, historically, just one long line of corporations telling obvious lies of trumpian proportion to customers in order to justify draconian DRM.

"Ubisoft of course points out that this move has some benefits for games. Now you can access your saved games anywhere! You don't need the disc in the drive! You can play from any computer that has an Internet connection! Brent Wilkinson, Director, Customer Service and Production Planning at Ubisoft, thinks you'll like this decision. "We think most people are going to be fine with it." [Arstechnica, January 2010]

"A few days after the release of Assassin's Creed 2 [...] a new crack has begun circulating that removes the DRM entirely." [slashdot.org, April 2010]

"The game [SimCity] was designed for [multiplayer], we sim the entire region on the server so this [offline play in single player mode] is just not possible." [Electronic Arts, March 2013]

"Offline is coming as a free download with Update 10 to all SimCity players." [Electronic Arts, January 2014]

"the game code will not include DRM (Digital Rights Management)" [Kickstarter for Elite: Dangerous, December 2012]

"A month before launch day, Elite: Dangerous devs have announced that they are dropping the game's promised offline mode." [bit-tech.net, April 2014]

"Last week Frontier chief David Braben said an offline version of the game [Elite Dangerous] "would be unacceptably limited and static compared to the dynamic, ever unfolding experience we are delivering". "...being online lets us constantly both curate and evolve the galaxy, with stories unfolding according to the actions of commanders," Braben explained." [eurogamer.net, November 2014]

"Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing. [...] With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library." [Microsoft, June 2013]

"Today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One [...] An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement" [Microsoft, June 2013]

"Ubisoft is pushing back against reports that the DRM used in Assassin's Creed: Origins is eating up significant CPU cycles and causing performance problems for many people playing the PC version of the game." [ArsTechnica, November 2017]

"It’s very important to say that you can play offline if you want. [...] We don’t want to create a barrier and we don’t want to force people to be online." [Michel Ancel, December 2017]

"Beyond Good and Evil 2 is an online, multiplayer game with a rich co-op and seamless experience. As such, the game will only be playable with an internet connection in order to have seamless navigation, receive dynamic updates, and play with friends" [Ubisoft Press Release, December 2018]

Please also note how remarkably similar David Braben's horrible BS (that has no semblance to the reality of his game) is to Ubisoft's recent Press Release.
     2 people found this helpful

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    Trust me. I am sadly no stranger to those cases...
    Ironic how Ubisoft came up with Online-only.