Thread: Exotic Loot Pools | Forums

  1. #41
    I feel like the Gear Sets were less of a problem than the Classified Gear sets. Given the difficulty of getting the 5th and 6th slot bonuses and how much more powerful those bonuses were over the normal sets. If it was just High Ends and normal Gear Sets, the balancing would be a lot more even.
    Share this post

  2. #42
    vvhorus's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,670
    Originally Posted by Demiz3r Go to original post
    We gave you 3 years of feedback about exotics. There were tons of threads made by the community members in the general discussion and feedback subforums. The feedback is there. We keep hearing from you guys that you are listening but you keep asking the same redundant questions. No offense but it feels we are always beating dead horses here.

    Classified Gear sets made exotics redundant. Exotics didn't feel exotics or powerful. Correct me if I am wrong, but we had more than 30 exotics in the game. The House is the only exotic that felt exotic and it was overpowered. That's it. Exotics loot pool was diluted with useless exotics that had no use in the "end-game". Looking at you (bliss hoster,Thompson/Tommy,Barrets, etc.)

    Thompson M1928 and Tommy Gun's is a prime example of useless exotics that diluted the loot pool and these weapons should have been removed from the game. The talent "carefree" was rendered useless when the dev team nerfed hipfiring, so it was redundant to hipfire. Carefree Talent gave 10% damage when hipfiring. Do you see the problem with that? I can go on with more examples of exotics that were redundant. I have already talk about this issue and the community has too. I can't stress the feedback is there.

    I should not able to get the same exotic back 2 back on multiple characters for doing all weekly activities. I can't stress how many times I got the same redundant exotic over and over to the point where I wasn't excited for exotic drops. This is my expression when I get the same exotic over and over.





    When you are dismantling or selling 98% of the exotics in the game, that is a problem. The lack of resources or the lack of a dedicated sandbox team amplified this problem.


    A dedicated sandbox team would change this experience for all players.

    There is a reason why Bungie has a dedicated sandbox team.

    Exotics has to be rare, have a use in the endgame, make us powerful, etc

    In my opinion, some exotics should be tied to quests and these exotics are not in the loot pool. Some exotics should be tied to certain endgame activities such as the raid.
    Once you obtained an exotic, it should be added to your collections. You can pull obtained exotics from your collections with in-game currency such materials, division credits, or Phx credits.
    Exotic Weapons should have fixed stats and fixed rolls. Exotic gear should have normalized stats but random rolls for theorycrafting. This would make balancing easier and the grind less obnoxious.


    I join Demiz3r in exhorting all CM's to take the time to look at past feedback on this and different issues from TD1's forum, as there is plenty to go around, even for your own personal knowledge. I understand most of you are new here, but in my opinion, asking these kinds of questions makes Ubisoft look like they don't read feedback. Take it as constructive criticism...
    Share this post

  3. #43
    vvhorus's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,670
    Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    There's not much to talk about, and forum activity is low, so let's just randomly talk about these.

    This is something I brought up a while back. In Division 1, there are multiple ways to get guaranteed exotic caches - Weekly Assignment, Weekly Survival Assignment, Legendaries, and Incursions. Completing these will result in a free reddish orange box.

    I think that exotic caches should no longer be a guaranteed reward and instead be added as random drops to every type of enemy. From red bars to Named. Hear me out:

    I'm still a believer in exclusive exotic loot pools. What I mean by this is activities should have their own "list" of exotics that can only drop from those specific activities. If we have exclusive exotic loot pools, RNG will be cut down tremendously while also providing incentives to play different parts of the game. For example

    Let's say exotics start dropping at a higher difficulty under Main Missions / Raid at end game. Let's say that, no matter which mission you do, the same 4-5 exotics will be able to drop and those exotics only drop from main missions. This is to avoid a Lexington situation, though, I think people would still do the fastest mission. ...well, hey, at least the option to do other missions is there.

    Now let's look at Control Points. They, too, would have their own exclusive exotic drop list that no other activity share.

    Same with drops in the Dark Zone. Same with loot crates around the LZ. Same with whatever side mission equivalent is at end game. So on and so forth.

    Because we've removed guaranteed exotic caches from the situation, the exotic you would be looking for will no longer be fighting a universal shared loot table, it'd be fighting a much smaller one. However, this still means you won't be guaranteed the exotic you are looking for and it'd probably take longer since the exotic drop itself will not be guaranteed. Course, the drop rate could be somewhat higher in higher difficulty missions or the raid.

    As more exotics are added to the game (Division 1 is up to 45 circa 1.8), these lists will get bigger. New activities can be created with their own exotic loot tables if overpopulation of lists become a problem, unless that would be something everyone would want.

    Honestly, I'd do this same thing with gear sets (not drop rate, just exclusivity), but I know that would trigger a lot of people. I want to see what everyone else thinks about this change to exotics. Alternatively, if you want to sell exotics, pull a Xur and have a vendor come once a week that offer exotics, but for a hefty price.

    Disclaimer: for those who may bring the DZ PVP argument to the table, I wouldn't be pushing for this idea again if I didn't know what was coming.

    Disclaimer of my own: I like your idea. I think it works for this kind of game. Other games use this system and works very well. I'm not too fond of tying exclusive loot to PvP activities, but anyways, I digress.

    Having said that, I ask you: wouldn't this risk making those activities redundant once players get the loot that they wanted? If I get the loot that I need from playing XXX activity, what would be my incentive to go back into that specific activity? I see this a lot in Warframe from other players and clanmates that I've spoken to (and guilty myself as well): once I get the highest reward from an activity, I see no reason to go back to it other than doing it for the fun of it or to help someone else farm for the reward. The difference with Warframe is that some of these rewards are tradeable, and many players farm those items to sell them for plat.

    Just a thought...
    Share this post

  4. #44
    Originally Posted by vvhorus Go to original post
    Disclaimer of my own: I like your idea. I think it works for this kind of game. Other games use this system and works very well. I'm not too fond of tying exclusive loot to PvP activities, but anyways, I digress.

    Having said that, I ask you: wouldn't this risk making those activities redundant once players get the loot that they wanted? If I get the loot that I need from playing XXX activity, what would be my incentive to go back into that specific activity? I see this a lot in Warframe from other players and clanmates that I've spoken to (and guilty myself as well): once I get the highest reward from an activity, I see no reason to go back to it other than doing it for the fun of it or to help someone else farm for the reward. The difference with Warframe is that some of these rewards are tradeable, and many players farm those items to sell them for plat.

    Just a thought...
    Adding new exotics to the specific activity's exotic loot pool will freshen it up. Or if they introduce exotic quests, those requirements might call for clearing an activity or killing x amount of enemies within that activity.

    I know Destiny has exotic quests that require you to partake in PVP, though no progress is lost upon a death or anything. But since I know what's coming, at least for the DZ, I wouldn't worry about "DZ only" exotics being a problem.

    ...unless they changed what I'm thinking about.

    Originally Posted by thepingguy Go to original post
    I feel like the Gear Sets were less of a problem than the Classified Gear sets. Given the difficulty of getting the 5th and 6th slot bonuses and how much more powerful those bonuses were over the normal sets. If it was just High Ends and normal Gear Sets, the balancing would be a lot more even.
    I do wonder what they will do in terms of gear sets. There are the brand sets, but are those considered the "gear sets" of Division 2? Or will gear sets and brand sets be two different things?

    Originally Posted by Demiz3r Go to original post
    I would like to exotics be tied to class specializations ( Sharpshooter, Demolitionist, or Survivalist). It would make exotics more exclusive and worthwhile.
    The specialization weapons are pretty exotic among each other in a way. Division has never been game about limiting players, which is why we got nerfs over ban lists lol.
    Share this post

  5. #45
    Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    I do wonder what they will do in terms of gear sets. There are the brand sets, but are those considered the "gear sets" of Division 2? Or will gear sets and brand sets be two different things?
    I'm guessing the brand sets are a compromise between normal gear and gear sets, but there is no way to know until we see how things look at max level.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #46
    Mad-Cap's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,308
    Originally Posted by vvhorus Go to original post
    I join Demiz3r in exhorting all CM's to take the time to look at past feedback on this and different issues from TD1's forum, as there is plenty to go around, even for your own personal knowledge. I understand most of you are new here, but in my opinion, asking these kinds of questions makes Ubisoft look like they don't read feedback. Take it as constructive criticism...
    Meh, why does it matter? It's obsolete information in a bunch of weeks.
    They are here for ground zero of TD2... that's all that matters.

    I was always hoping that they would tie a unique crafting component to exotics. That way they would be valuable even if deconstructed. Those elements could then be used make another exotic item from a rare plan.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #47
    What I'd really want to see, is the ability to roll all talents in an exotic. Either that, or don't have 27 useless talents out of 30. Blueprints for everything at every level would be awesome too.

    As for exotic usage: weapons, I do use bullfrog, MDR, Big Alejandro, Showstopper... gear, only MC gloves.
    Share this post

  8. #48
    Originally Posted by III_Hammer_III Go to original post
    What I'd really want to see, is the ability to roll all talents in an exotic. Either that, or don't have 27 useless talents out of 30. Blueprints for everything at every level would be awesome too.

    As for exotic usage: weapons, I do use bullfrog, MDR, Big Alejandro, Showstopper... gear, only MC gloves.
    Whenever you have the time, take a look at the SOTG that Fredrik Thylander showed up on if you haven't seen it. You might like what he says.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #49
    Demiz3r's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,032
    Originally Posted by Mad-Cap Go to original post
    Meh, why does it matter? It's obsolete information in a bunch of weeks.
    They are here for ground zero of TD2... that's all that matters.

    I was always hoping that they would tie a unique crafting component to exotics. That way they would be valuable even if deconstructed. Those elements could then be used make another exotic item from a rare plan.
    I completely disagree with you. It does matter. It's important to listen to the feedback, and implement changes based on that feedback. Otherwise, what is the point of this forum? Unless you want Ubisoft to follow the same path of Bungie where Vanilla Destiny 2 completely dismissed 3 years of feedback from the community. A game that no one wanted. A sequel should not regress backward. As a player, I don't want this and I don't want to go though this again. I'm pretty sure that others feel the same way. There is a saying where those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Share this post

  10. #50
    Demiz3r's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,032
    Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    Whenever you have the time, take a look at the SOTG that Fredrik Thylander showed up on if you haven't seen it. You might like what he says.
    I hope we get more SOTG like this.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post