Thread: Team Wars Coming Soon! | Forums

ItsJustBuck's Avatar Community Manager

Team Wars Coming Soon!

Hey there, Phone Destroyers! Today we’re here to talk about TEAM WARS, the brand new event which will run every week in South Park: Phone Destroyer!

What is “Team Wars”?

Team Wars is a brand new event that will run every week and is broken down into three different phases. The First phase is the “Voting” phase, which takes place on Monday and Tuesday of each week. The second phase will be “Upgrading” and will take place Wednesday to Friday. The final phase of the week will be the “Battle” days, which take place on Saturday and Sunday.

So, to start each Team War week, you’ll be given 12 pairs of cards, that you’ll need to vote on, as a team. It’s important to discuss what cards you want to use as a team, as during the battle days, everyone on your team will be using the deck your team has chosen. This phase of the Team War requires you to actually go and vote on each card that you’d like to use. In the case that two cards get the same amount of votes, the team leader’s vote will be the tie-breaker. If your team does not vote on a full deck before the voting days end, your team will not be able to participate in the war for the rest of the week, so make sure to get your votes in!

Once your team has progressed onto the upgrade days, you’ll need to gather some ‘Bottle Caps’ which is a new type of upgrade token used only for the current weeks’ war. You can earn bottle caps from your first PvP pack of each upgrade day, meaning you can earn a total of 3 PvP packs with bottle caps in them. The amount of bottle caps each player earns is dependent on several different things, such as your PvP rank and your team’s current ‘league’ (more details on leagues later), so in order to help your team during this upgrade phase, make sure to get at least one PvP pack on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday!

Now it’s important to note that all cards will start at their ‘Friendly Fight’ or tournament level, meaning commons are level 4, rares level 3, epics level 2 and legendaries are level 1. All players will be able to use the selected cards at those levels, even if you don’t actually own that card. While all cards will start at the levels mentioned above, if you own a card at a higher level, you can use that during a battle but only if your team has chosen to upgrade it to higher levels. So what does this mean? Let’s use Bounty Hunter Kyle(BHK) for an example!

So let’s say Player 1 owns BHK at level 4 and Player 2 doesn’t have BHK unlocked yet. Player 1 may want to spend all of their tokens to upgrade BHK up to level 3 or 4 in the war, so they can benefit from a higher leveled unit. However, even if your team upgrades BHK up to level 4, Player 2 would still only use that card at level 2, as they don’t have the card at that level in their own deck.

This is where it will be important to discuss upgrading with your team as well. You may not want to put all your bottle caps into that Satan card you have at level 3, if most of your teammates only have him at level 1 (or don’t own him at all), as it may not benefit the team as a whole. At the end of the upgrade days, any unused tokens your team has will automatically be invested into the card with the cheapest upgrade cost.

The next phase will be the Battle days. This will be something that will be quite familiar to all of you. Here you’ll be using the deck that your team has voted on and upgraded in the previous two phases. You’ll be competing with players inside of your current ‘bracket’ but you won’t necessarily be matchmaking with them. Matchmaking will try to match you up against players in the same league and with a similar team member count, when possible. For the battles you’ll fight until you have 3 wins or 3 losses, whichever comes first and you’ll receive a score (similar to how you get a score after a completed challenge run) which will be added to your team’s total score. The teams will be rewarded based on where they place in their individual brackets and those rewards will vary depending on which league your team is in as well.

Depending on how where your team finishes in the war, your team will earn (or lose) “Crowns”, which may cause your team to move up to the next league or move down to the previous league.

All in all, Team Wars will be a fun new way to play South Park: Phone Destroyer and will encourage teams to communicate and work together in order to achieve the best possible results! Team Wars will be coming to South Park: Phone Destroyer in mid January, so if you're not already on a team, join one now!

We'll be streaming in about one hour (from the time of this post), so if you've got questions, stop on by and I'll do my best to answer them!

That's all I've got for now, so until next time, I'll see YOU on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is Finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! George R.R Martin will be very pleased!!!

I only have one question at this time, will there be a leader-board?
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by ItsJustBuck Go to original post
    In the case that two cards get the same amount of votes, the team leader’s vote will be the tie-breaker.
    This is an issue for teams with no active leader who exist due to active co-leaders.

You need to either rethink the above, or now start to resolve the issue of inactive leadership.

Yes! Sounds crazy fun! Can’t wait to try it out.

Originally Posted by lister_infiji Go to original post
    This is an issue for teams with no active leader who exist due to active co-leaders.

You need to either rethink the above, or now start to resolve the issue of inactive leadership.
    I agree with you. My team has both an inactive team leader and co-leader. the anouncement of team wars is exciting and all but I dont want to have to change teams because of it
     2 people found this helpful

Sounds to me like you should’ve changed teams a while ago.

JuraquiIIe's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Shapreston2 Go to original post
    I agree with you. My team has both an inactive team leader and co-leader. the anouncement of team wars is exciting and all but I dont want to have to change teams because of it
    Why are you staying in an team who got an inactive leader? Stupid.

Maybe they could also give the co-leaders the ability to decide on ties.

Then also give the leader the ability to override their choice if they disagree.

Kind of gets around the problem of inactive leaders (provided your cos are active).

Originally Posted by JuraquiIIe Go to original post
    Why are you staying in an team who got an inactive leader? Stupid.
    Because it's been this way for almost a year, and with active co-leaders and no competitions between teams then having an inactive leader did not matter.

Simple fact is they either need to fix the long term existing issue (their oversight in the first place), revise the above rules to account for inactive leaders, or simply add the functionality (which is now controlled within games themselves rather than directly from iOS or Android) to allow us to add friends, which would at least give us the opportunity to try and communicate with the inactive leader outside of the game and try to resolve the issue for ourselves.

EDIT: Oh and add to that, the active co-leader is me, so if I leave then I ruin it for everybody else who does not want to leave. Again Redlynx oversight that I have been placed in this position which I didn't want to be in but am due to no solution to the issue.

JuraquiIIe's Avatar Junior Member
    Because it's been this way for almost a year, and with active co-leaders and no competitions between teams then having an inactive leader did not matter.
    Well now it matter so leave your inactive guild with your friends and stop breaking our balls.