Thread: Chat Toxicity Filter Update ! -Dev Blog- | Forums

Implementing this is great! It can benefit the players so much! But another concern is toxic players TKing for various reasons. What about "no friendly fire"? I think people are tired of dying so often like this and deter away from the game because of it.

agreed has cleaned up!

N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by GaNgUsCrAbMeAt Go to original post
    agreed has cleaned up!
    are you ok?

The chat update seems great but I would like to see something for audio chat.. I know that would be significantly more difficult but it is becoming so much less fun to play when being called a n*****, jew, Fa**** and many other things by people who sound like children around 12 on a near daily basis, it's annoying and distracting while fighting as I cant hear enemies when people are *****ing and yelling. I know I can turn audio off but then I miss out on constructive intel from my good team members and I don't know the specific toxic players until part way into the match or game to mute them which takes time. I've seen people get vote kicked for not doing what other people say or 4 people rush in and die immediately then just kick the last player because they don't wanna wait the 3-4 remaining mins in the round. Make a game mode for kids or have dedicated Mature casual mode, it is an M game after all. .

Honestly in his day and age, Ubi can just get rid of the text chat altogether. Most of the people I play with either use Teamspeak or discord or in game voice.
    I just don't see a need for text anymore.

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Typhon1.618 Go to original post
    The chat update seems great but I would like to see something for audio chat.. I know that would be significantly more difficult but it is becoming so much less fun to play when being called a n*****, jew, Fa**** and many other things by people who sound like children around 12 on a near daily basis, it's annoying and distracting while fighting as I cant hear enemies when people are *****ing and yelling. I know I can turn audio off but then I miss out on constructive intel from my good team members and I don't know the specific toxic players until part way into the match or game to mute them which takes time. I've seen people get vote kicked for not doing what other people say or 4 people rush in and die immediately then just kick the last player because they don't wanna wait the 3-4 remaining mins in the round. Make a game mode for kids or have dedicated Mature casual mode, it is an M game after all. .
    I'm not exactly sure how that last part fix the rest of the issues you mentioned in your post. If anything, from the way they talk, it's the people in their 20s that seems to do most of their things. All the "kids" I encounter are extremely polite and everything, possibly because they're afraid to be kicked because people finds "kids" annoying.

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Axlerod1 Go to original post
    Honestly in his day and age, Ubi can just get rid of the text chat altogether. Most of the people I play with either use Teamspeak or discord or in game voice.
    I just don't see a need for text anymore.
    In these day and age, there's still a lot of people who would rather use the text chat, be it because they have a baby sleeping in the next room to being a woman and not wanting to be harassed for it, etc..., the list of reasons to use the text chat is very long. You are aware you can turn it off in the option are you? It's the perfect solution for you.
     1 people found this helpful

I turn it off on all my games,
    All it ever is is toxic chat or players giving info late and getting taken out during play,
    Its old and no longer needed anymore.

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234