Thread: Patch 1.2.0 Rumoured for Jan 2019...? | Forums

Hefeydd_Hen's Avatar Junior Member

Patch 1.2.0 Rumoured for Jan 2019...?

Helo Bobl,

I know patch update 1.1.1 was quite a big update that addressed a lot of issues and added more missions to the game. But a friend of mine who works as a programmer in the games industry said there has been some chatter about another major update coming in sometime in Jan 2019. He said this would be patch 1.2.0 but he said the update was mentioned in an email from one of his colleagues whether or not this is true I actually don't know. It could be here say and I know Ubisoft would not say either way if there was anyweay.

Diolch
    Hefeydd

longjohn119's Avatar Member
    Perhaps that will be the next major update but I certainly can't see them waiting that long for bug fixes .... Like the horse when you try to trot through a town ..... or all the weird uncommon bugs like missions not finishing and giving you the next one leaving players stuck (thankfully I didn't experience that personally)

I bet half the bugs in this game are because of trying to make crappy game console hardware that should have been obsoleted 2 years ago do more and more things ...... For instance they are forced to bork disk/memory access speeds because 1. they only need 30 FPS and 2. faster disk/memory access eats CPU cycles in an already grossly under powered system .... I suspect they are using some sort of alternative disk/memory access routine to save CPU cycles/gain speed and read/write errors are slipping past an error checking routine that;'s been stripped to use less CPU cycles and thus a player gets stuck because of a borked disk/memory access at the end or beginning of a mission that didn't register with the error checking routine so the game is blissfully unaware there was a problem

Sadly because a a snail paced development cycle of gaming consoles those of us with PCs also have to suffer the consequences of games written for under powered technologically outdated hardware

You compare a 2013 smart phone, or tablet with a 2018 smart phone, or tablet and there is a world of difference ...... If you look at a game written for a 2013 smart phone, or tablet and compare it with a game written for a 2018 smart phone, or tablet and there is a world of difference .... And likely in both cases the 2013 hardware wouldn't even be able to run the 2018 games

Yet you compare a 2013 PS4 or Xbox One with a 2018 PS4 or Xbox One and they are the same thing with the same limitations ...... The fact that game creators have been able to advance graphics at all between 2013 and today is a testament to their skill not the console manufacturers who need to move on from their 20th century development cycles and into the 21st century like everyone else already has

Cloysterpete's Avatar Junior Member
    There’s an incredible amount of bugs in Ubisoft games simply because they do not invest enough money and time into testing and quality control, it’s a conscious company wide decision by Ubisoft you see it in lots of there games. I remember I put over a thousand hours into the Division and I was constantly frustrated that every new update broke something else in the game, it really effected my enjoyment a lot. Console hardware isn’t the problem it’s Ubisoft not wanting to delay games and rushing out updates before they have even been testing properly. Nintendo manage to release game after game after game on vastly inferior hardware and they don’t come utterly infested with bugs like your typical Ubisoft title.

Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member
    The next patch (in January?) should solve the problem of auto level scaling. Not solving this serious issue is a bad idea. Personally I don't need to switch off level scaling to enjoy the game but the whole world does not revolve around me. Some folks find the game too difficult even on easy mode and I can't blame them. Super bosses can be too hard even on easy mode.

Grayfox-87-'s Avatar Member
    And i prefer they will add a Beard Option for Alexios...!

bizantura's Avatar Member
    @Grayfox-87- second that.

Beard and hair options.

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Nintendo manage to release game after game after game on vastly inferior hardware and they don’t come utterly infested with bugs like your typical Ubisoft title.
    There might be a Platform thing involved - .. if you cater to only one gaming platform, it's a whole lot easier than 3 and esp. PC. PC seems to be the most buggy every time for obvious reasons with OS & hardware variety.
    Honestly, I haven't had any real issues on Xbox One but I have seen issues reported on all 3.

As long as they fix game-breaking things right away, I think it's ok to have some issues at the start - just not too many of them and nobody likes it happening. I had alot of problems w/ Unity, I remember it well.

The fact that game creators have been able to advance graphics at all between 2013 and today is a testament to their skill not the console manufacturers who need to move on from their 20th century development cycles and into the 21st century like everyone else already has
    That's fine, but unless and until the XB & PS's are all backwards compatible, it's too much. Most of us don't want to have to keep buying the new pricey consoles every 2 yrs and it forces game companies to have to keep shifting to meet new/different criteria.
    Bottom line is that there's NO way alot of us can afford them plus the new games.
    I like that they aren't constantly putting out the next console - gaming shouldn't cost us a near fortune.

DreadGrrl's Avatar Senior Member
    I’m just tossing this link quickly into the fray without any discussion as I’m not even to the bottom of my first coffee yet.

https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-207...demos-fidelity

I read this a few weeks ago, and I found it very surprising.
     1 people found this helpful

bizantura's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by DreadGrrl Go to original post
    I’m just tossing this link quickly into the fray without any discussion as I’m not even to the bottom of my first coffee yet.

https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-207...demos-fidelity

I read this a few weeks ago, and I found it very surprising.
    Well, nothing can get as bad as Bethesda's Fallout 76 release.
    To beat that would take humongous effort.
    However who knows?!

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by bizantura Go to original post
    Well, nothing can get as bad as Bethesda's Fallout 76 release.
    To beat that would take humongous effort.
    However who knows?!
    Hah, ya. These gamer enthusiasts with their own Youtube channels have just been mercilessly piling onto the anti F76 thing. Analyzing the hate while hating on it ...
    it's just overkill.
    But they really screwed that whole thing up. I feel bad but they did bring it on themselves.

Blizzard's going thru turmoil too - more internal stuff I think