Thread: Why no more sequel to an Assassin's creed game ? | Forums

Dream132014's Avatar Junior Member

Why no more sequel to an Assassin's creed game ?

I wonder why there are no more sequel to Assassin's creed games. I like all the characters and for some of them we will never know the end of their story. Maybe if we had sequel to one character some of the players will feel more connect to the character like for Ezio wich we litteraly saw him born and die. I really thought for example that Bayek will worth a sequel but I doubt it will happen. We will never know the end of his story. Like Connor, Arno and the Frye twins. What do you all guys think about that ?
     1 people found this helpful

x_Vex_x's Avatar Member
    Although we don't see Altair's childhood we know his whole life story basically from the novel, (really good btw, highly recommend), Ezio we followed life to death, Connor we followed from Childhood to adulthood, and then theres more on his family and kids in the comics. Edward we followed from young man to death in novels I believe. I haven't read all the novels yet though admittedly, so can't say for sure with some of the others. But there's a lot of info in the extended universe if you bother to look.

JamesFaith007's Avatar Member
    I think one of problems of character sequels is change of country.

Sure, with Ezio it worked but f.e. why would Connor leave US and travel to another country? To be honest I'm not very interested in idea of one Assassin traveling around globe ans saving one state after another,

Sef1n's Avatar Member
    Connor could be travel just through America. Many towns and places to visit and stories to be told.
    And he definetly deserved a sequel, because after the dust settled he would have a chance to develop further. His story was finished in a few years...
     1 people found this helpful

gehenna27's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by x_Vex_x Go to original post
    Although we don't see Altair's childhood we know his whole life story basically from the novel, (really good btw, highly recommend), Ezio we followed life to death, Connor we followed from Childhood to adulthood, and then theres more on his family and kids in the comics. Edward we followed from young man to death in novels I believe. I haven't read all the novels yet though admittedly, so can't say for sure with some of the others. But there's a lot of info in the extended universe if you bother to look.
    Edward dies near the beginning of Forsaken because it follows Haytham, in the form of a diary, apart from the Prologue and Epilogue where it's Connor's perspective.

I got to the point like last year, before the release of Origins/Desert Oath, of having basically all the novels, including the movie novelization and Heresy, but only now have I been making a serious attempt at reading them. Just come off of reading Secret Crusade, Revelations and Forsaken basically one after the other.

gehenna27's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Sef1n Go to original post
    Connor could be travel just through America. Many towns and places to visit and stories to be told.
    And he definetly deserved a sequel, because after the dust settled he would have a chance to develop further. His story was finished in a few years...
    Well with the ACII Remaster on the horizon it would be a perfect opportunity to continue his story.