Thread: PVP at the start in Terminal... | Forums

PVP at the start in Terminal...

Whenever I start a new character and reached level 30, I am forced to play PVP matches just to shut / mute the repeated PVP radio. It gets annoying over time, again and again... and... when I am in a match I get slaughtered immediately which I don't care just to shut the radio transmission off!

In Division 2, please integrate a skip PVP option for PVE players. God, I hate PVP... being forced to play it... its rubbish...
     1 people found this helpful

UbiSc0ttie's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by lair360 Go to original post
    Whenever I start a new character and reached level 30, I am forced to play PVP matches just to shut / mute the repeated PVP radio. It gets annoying over time, again and again... and... when I am in a match I get slaughtered immediately which I don't care just to shut the radio transmission off!

In Division 2, please integrate a skip PVP option for PVE players. God, I hate PVP... being forced to play it... its rubbish...
    @lair360,

If you can, please further elaborate what you mean when you say you're forced into PVP matches?

Normally, when you log back into your previous game, you spawn right in front of the nearest safe house from when you last played.

- Scottie

Whenever I am at the terminal, the mission which kept popping up saying that I have to join PVP Skirmish / Last Stand. In which.... I don't want to. The radio transmission just keep reating itself, it does my heading!

I wish that there is an icon at the terminal (for D2) to skip PVP Skirmish / Last Stand. OR The "Quest" for Last Stand should END after watching the video the first time, not by forcing you to play the game.

Ubi-RealDude's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey lair360, the quest icon shows up each time you log in just as reminder of where/how to engage in the PvP modes. If PvP isn't your thing, then you are totally free to ignore the quest icon that marks that location.

As far as radio transmissions, if they are bothering you, specific volume controls can be found in the options menu.

Let me know if this addresses your concerns.

well the real solution to what he is describing is that after the terminal video is watched the game should just stop telling you to watch it and go into a mode you dislike. I like PVP and it is not on my characters anymore, but I know how he feels, there is nothing worse than audio that is constantly telling you do something every time you play. If I wanted to "game" I would, now shut up already! Having to turn off a volume control is not a solution because it is not limited to that specific interaction and can kill game immersion. To that effect " My back is all F'ed up, I need some meds bad!".

+1
    I don't like it too.
    I have tried 2 times of starting the quest and the second time, I even went on PvP and left, just so the radio message would stop... but it didn't... it kept on every time I enter the game for the first time/login.

The statement "...if they are bothering you, specific volume controls can be found in the options menu." is in the same category as saying "...do you guys not have phones?".

We are just saying - from an UX stand point, it might make sense, but it makes sense until the moment you start the tutorial video and you decide you don't like PvP and won't go there.
    Sure, there can be another statement like "...there are different packages, you could have chosen one that doesn't include the PvP DLC or bought the base game and then add DLCs upon your liking." which doesn't resolve the issue.

I'm sure you guys aren't obligated to answer every question about the game, so, in this instance, if you don't have an answer like "We understand and we are going to watch about that not happening in The Division 2", don't give tips like "Mute your radio transmissions, despite the fact that you want to play the game with all sounds on and enjoy hearing each one, but just because of that 10 seconds voice message, mute them.". It might be a 10-15 seconds voice message, but I've heard it for at least 30 minutes in total by now.

On another level, this is a little bit disrespectful towards your colleagues that made such great sounds in the game, or rather the voice actors and the ones that decided to include those voices in the game.
    Please, we are your clients, hear us, don't rush to answer and think about what we have written.

We are here to make each other happy, be glad we are a community and you, the Community Representatives, are responsible for many many of our good feelings - don't loose that strong cool of yours.

Fair enough. I've passed along the initial concern regarding the radio transmissions & mission icon, but have no further information regarding the topic at this time.

He is referring to the "Go see Keckich" message. I get it too. I have played so long that I have the dialog off but still get the close-caption version of it.

I wouldn't mind a way to turn off all cut scene dialogue, but leave on the other play sounds. Maybe it exists, I haven't really looked.

Originally Posted by Bambihunter1971 Go to original post
    He is referring to the "Go see Keckich" message. I get it too. I have played so long that I have the dialog off but still get the close-caption version of it.

I wouldn't mind a way to turn off all cut scene dialogue, but leave on the other play sounds. Maybe it exists, I haven't really looked.
    There are separate options for sub-titles and specifically voice/dialog volume. To my knowledge those are the only things that can be found in the options menu relating to this situation. I personally play with Voice/Dialog at 05% volume and subtitles on, but even so I understand the frustration with the constant prompts.