Thread: Game purchased on steam and Year 3 pass as a uPlay key | Forums

Game purchased on steam and Year 3 pass as a uPlay key

Apologies if this isnt posted in the correct forum.

As the title states,I have the Standard Edition purchased through Steam and my friend wants to buy me a uPlay key for the Year 3 Pass as its substantially cheaper than on Steam, will I have problems? Has anyone who owns a Steam version of Rainbow 6 bought a Year 3 Pass uPlay key? Did you encounter any problems? Cheers

Both Uplay and Steam buyers uses the Uplay launcher and account for Siege in the same way, so no problems

Originally Posted by demalesco Go to original post
    Both Uplay and Steam buyers uses the Uplay launcher and account for Siege in the same way, so no problems
    doesnt work like that.

Just like I have the steam version but cannot use uplay bought items (for some reason) I can buy credits of the Uplay store because it goes to the account but any code activations need to be bought on the same platform the game is owned on (I tried this last time I got a season pass and It didnt work) so I'm fairly certain the season pass needs to be a steam version not uplay.

You could maybe ask uplay support to see if this is the case (might have changed) and if they might offer a steam key in replacement of the uplay key (no idea if they could or would) but from my experience I couldnt use a uplay season pass on the steam version (something to do with steam not uplay directly)

There are cases of this with other games, specifically Watch Dogs 2 and The Division.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    I would recommend confirming with the support team before actually going through with anything. They'll be able to tell you the best way for your friend to actually do this and get it to you properly.