Thread: Nomad = Offensive, Non-Lethal, Useless Kapkan | Forums

  1. #1

    Nomad = Offensive, Non-Lethal, Useless Kapkan

    My first impressions of Nomad have been rather bad impressions. Her Airjabs just don't seem like they have an offensive use anymore. They are just non-lethal Kapkan EDD's or Claymores. They are unique, sure, and they have a blast radius for being triggered rather than a laser. But at the same time, unless somebody is eye humping the thing, what does it do apart from just wasting time? When she was first introduced, it seemed like her whole point was to airjab somebody, then follow up with a volley of shots. Now it seems like the entirety of the offensive aspect of the gadget has been taken away, and replaced with a sort of defensive aspect that is rarely useful. I've already played 15 rounds at the least with her, and I have only gotten about 3-4 airjabs because it is rather difficult to find a time to use them.

    I understand that having something explode on impact can be OP, but something that just plants on the ground and waits for someone to trigger it just makes it seem useless. You can tell me "It helps with flanking" all you want, but three airjabs can only cover so much. Anyway, that's just my thoughts on Nomad.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I have not used her myself, but my friend who has loves her
    Decent weapons, and her gadget isn't bad

    Imagine an OP that had 3 claymores, that could be deployed from a distance, triggered on a 360 degree radius, and were much harder to detect and spot
    Would be pretty OP, no?

    So they took that, and removed any lethality from them

    She is very useful against a roamer heavy team
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    If you actually watch her teaser trailer you'll notice the airjabs were more so a trap not meant to be used as a airburst. Start using her to cover flanks and you'll see a marked improvement in her gadget.
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post
    If you actually watch her teaser trailer you'll notice the airjabs were more so a trap not meant to be used as a airburst. Start using her to cover flanks and you'll see a marked improvement in her gadget.
    Well said. I have used her to do exactly the same.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    I think you guys are missing the part where I said "3 airjabs can only cover so much." Not to mention they glow a bright yellow. As for the "Claymore" thing, well how are the OP? The only way for anyone to die off of them is by having an operator standing nearby. Would that not be a waste of time and resources by holding an operator back like that, instead of being on point, covering your friendlies? The things, as I said, are just time wasters. They maybe knock a few seconds off of how long you had to get into sight, but otherwise they have no offensive value whatsoever.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,511
    Originally Posted by T95DoomTurtle Go to original post
    I understand that having something explode on impact can be OP, but something that just plants on the ground and waits for someone to trigger it just makes it seem useless. You can tell me "It helps with flanking" all you want, but three airjabs can only cover so much. Anyway, that's just my thoughts on Nomad.
    I'm inclined to say I agree with you, even though I haven't played with her yet. My experience shows while she's on every attacking round I've only been airjabbed once..and that was my fault going after her when she was the only one left. But she didn't kill me either, she got away. I normally see that yellow laser and shoot those suckers as soon as they land. So, at best, for me, they have only given away my position by firing on them..kinda like shooting at a drone.

    If you ask me Legion would be better on attack dealing with heavy meta roamers and Nomad on defense to stop the Blitzkrieg rush. But that's just silly ol me overthinking stuff again. In any event, she should have her yellow 'im here' laser removed and lower the activation period to .5 seconds.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by T95DoomTurtle Go to original post
    I think you guys are missing the part where I said "3 airjabs can only cover so much." Not to mention they glow a bright yellow. As for the "Claymore" thing, well how are the OP? The only way for anyone to die off of them is by having an operator standing nearby. Would that not be a waste of time and resources by holding an operator back like that, instead of being on point, covering your friendlies? The things, as I said, are just time wasters. They maybe knock a few seconds off of how long you had to get into sight, but otherwise they have no offensive value whatsoever.
    Its not so much the coverage which is still good as its an early warning. For example most ppl use claymore not for kills but for the distinct sound it makes when its destroyed which screams hey watch the flank. Airjabs can easily do the same which is great for any coordinated team. Even solo it will help because it makes you less reliant on your random team to cover your six. My advice post them up high,they have a fairly large radius, and you'll be able to catch more defenders off guard.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,662
    Her gadget is non lethal however it gives you information which is key to victory.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    They give information as someone said which is their main role they're also hard to spot due to their size, sure they glow yellow but it can be hidden. The gadget can be used offensively obviously not as effective as before but that's a good thing.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #10
    This game is designed entirely around bomb. If you plant the bomb and still have three nomad utilities left, a retake of the site by the defenders is almost impossible. It's very strong.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post