Originally Posted by LoneSpymaster Go to original post
    Bowman is also part of the CIA and in the future Diaz helps the Ghost’s in a operation, there isn’t a good reason why she wouldn’t appear here.

Those characters you mention, for starters have 0 personality, they were voiced by the same male or female generic voice and spoke the same lines, some of them appeared on Ghost Recon (novel) and then mention only on Dark Waters but again most of the people do not know or care about them.

Joe Ramirez and Derrick Parker for example are characters that have been present since Ghost Recon 2 and have unique personalities not to mention a stronger presence. Derrick Parker team bravo and Captain Mitchell team work together in a operation in GRAW 2 and Joe Ramirez was the leader of Predator team in GRFS.
    According to lore, Astra Galinksy once kicked Joe Ramirez in the groin beceause he insulted her. That's hardly no peronality.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Joe Ramirez part of the other team of Ghosts in GRFS, that you play right at the start - the team that in fact got wiped out?

As long as there is a prototype it means that exists, that on the long run the tech doesn’t work or is just to much to be worth it, doesn’t mean the tech stops existing or stops being researched, which means it does exist. Like having both night vision and thermal vision on just one set of goggles was a crazy thing to think of, until it was created, why? Because research and technology. That was the point I was trying to make, so GRFS is as close to RL as it can be with the futuristic stuff which isn’t crazy to think about, unlike other games.
    Whatever you like it or not this is how it is.
    Nope. Prototype means "here is a mock up of what we hope to eventually accomplish, but right now the thing doesn't work".

NVG and Thermal... Again that has been about miniaturization of existing tech for sixty years. They have been in service since 2005 for helmet mounted individuals. The current in use ENVGs do light amplifiction, IR and Thermal, with White Hot or Black hot. Meanwhile GR has been stuck in Gen 2 of both NVG and Thermal and still using green phosphor instead of white phosphor, while it was delivering fantasy weapons and gadgets. Yes the invisibility cloak is, at current tech levels, a fantasy gadget.

If you like fantasy gadgets that is fine. For me it is immersion breaking, and something I will again step away from the franchise over. In all honesty if you want realistic "near future" you really do need to be able to look it up in JANE's Development year book. Otherwise it is just fantasy. JANE's is also helpful in that it gives realistic timelines for when said tech will be fielded vs that it exists but soldiers are refusing to use it because of excessive weight, unreliability and ineffectiveness compared to existing systems(what JANE's wrote about the XM29 from 1994 until the platform was abandoned in 2001, GR came out that year and said it was the future right ).

I don't mind near future tech, I just want it to be based in reality. A perusal through JANE's will tell you quickly and accurately what reality is. DARPA blue sky programs don't interest me. DARPA has been working to Telepathic drone interface, quantum teleportation, energy weapons and a few other blue sky programs as well. Should phasers, teleportation pads, and Vulcan Mind welds be included as well, or is that still in the realm of SciFi/Fantasy?
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by RedCeII Go to original post
    Sounds like a missed opportunity to include combustable weak-points on Los Extranerjos Snipers in a similar fashon to The Division’s Cleaners.

Man, I only justbstarted playing The Division, but the more I play it, the more I love all of its subtle touches.
    That could be fun. You sneaking up on one of those Extranerios to knife him in the neck for that achievement, his camo bursts into flame, his screams draw his thirty friends and you die in a hail of bullets. Murphy's law wins again.

Originally Posted by KunninPlanz Go to original post
    According to lore, Astra Galinksy once kicked Joe Ramirez in the groin beceause he insulted her. That's hardly no peronality.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Joe Ramirez part of the other team of Ghosts in GRFS, that you play right at the start - the team that in fact got wiped out?
    Yeah, I remember reading that, I however was talking about the video game source, they obviously did have to add something to some of the characters, it was a book, that’s what they need to do. Still you can’t compare both characters, Joe Ramirez has a stronger presence than any character from the first GR. It is way better to have him to show up and most people know him.

Yes, he was the Ghost lead of the Predator team, which got killed by a bomb at the beginning of Ghost Recon Future Soldier. That fact however is irrelevant as GRFS takes place after Ghost Recon Wildlands, meaning that he is still alive in Ghost Recon Wildlands. I believe he has a good relationship with Mitchell to appear in the operation, is the same case with Derrick Parker, Alicia Diaz and other Ghost's.

Yeah, I remember reading that, I however was talking about the video game source, they obviously did have to add something to some of the characters, it was a book, that’s what they need to do. Still you can’t compare both characters, Joe Ramirez has a stronger presence than any character from the first GR. It is way better to have him to show up and most people know him.

Yes, he was the Ghost lead of the Predator team, which got killed by a bomb at the beginning of Ghost Recon Future Soldier. That fact however is irrelevant as GRFS takes place after Ghost Recon Wildlands, meaning that he is still alive in Ghost Recon Wildlands. I believe he has a good relationship with Mitchell to appear in the operation, is the same case with Derrick Parker, Alicia Diaz and other Ghost's.
    And Bo Jenkins has a pair of Diaz's underwear (apparently)

Also, Ghost Captain Jennifer Burke from GRAW was MIA during the Mexican Civil War, presumed KIA after an attack on the president by rogue Mexican soldiers. However, her fate has never been officially revealed.

Could the new SO3 theme be something to do with this? Given the Mexican cartel links in Wildlands (isn't El Sueno Mexican?) Some kind of rescue op perhaps.

There's also John Hume (GRAW2) and Nick Salvatore (GR2, GRAW) who have both previously fought alongside Nomad.

If you can wait four days, you'll be able to answer your own question.

If not, you might do well to get Bo Jenkin's Diaz's underwear...

And return it on the 12th...

Originally Posted by Bone_Frog Go to original post
    If you like fantasy gadgets that is fine. For me it is immersion breaking, and something I will again step away from the franchise over.
    I 100% agree.

Yes the invisibility cloak is, at current tech levels, a fantasy gadget.
    The other factor most will overlook is that any progress made in the visible spectrum must also be duplicated in the IR spectrum. Now are we talking hermetically sealed to contain the IR signature of the user, and how are we going to make the suit's radiant IR signature mimic that of the surrounding environment comparable to that in the visible spectrum? Moreover, what additional adverse effects (ie. maneuverability, caloric expenditure, heat exhaustion, dehydration, maintenance, additional power consumption, etc.) are imposed upon the user to facilitate this? Then, when we have that sorted, let's move on to UV spectrum and those requirements and costs... and then...

The constant in all of this? Fieldcraft. Fieldcraft will get your team back where technology will not. Any trained soldier will drop you wearing that active camo suit maneuvering like a drunk Hollywood Predator as sure as if you were wearing Hunter Orange. If you have fieldcraft, your opportunity-cost assessment for such a suit will be resoundingly negative. I don't see that changing before mammalians encounter an extinction level event (<100 yrs.).

I don't mind near future tech, I just want it to be based in reality.
    Again. Same wavelength here.

Should phasers, teleportation pads, and Vulcan Mind welds be included as well, or is that still in the realm of SciFi/Fantasy?
    So you don't want this new CQC move?

Or how about the distraction and follow-through?

This is what I would call "Sweating the small stuff" ... You guys really think the Devs or UBI has really put in a lot of thought into the SO3 PvE mission? they haven't even sweat making the broken crap they will try to sell for full retail, let alone the mission... many bubbles are soon to be burst for sure.

Originally Posted by GiveMeTactical Go to original post
    This is what I would call "Sweating the small stuff" ... You guys really think the Devs or UBI has really put in a lot of thought into the SO3 PvE mission? they haven't even sweat making the broken crap they will try to sell for full retail, let alone the mission... many bubbles are soon to be burst for sure.
    I was just about to say the same thing. I highly doubt anyone in development has thought the continuity of the games/books to the level of some of the people here since its clear we have a lot of passionate and well versed members here as they have demonstrated. I think the update will most likely not be cohesive with the GR timeline, which is why you see th Easter egg about Kozak, despite the time discrepancy.