1. #1
    Share this post

  2. #2
    So, does this mean we finally get bipods? And that we get the correct model for the Ultimax Mk. 5 - the one from GRFS that had the correct iron sights: integral front sight and flip up rear sight. Whereas GRW version has flip up front and rear sights as well as the integral front sight.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    ManticButton's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    694
    sweet gonna go play future soldier backwards compatible right now
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    We'll see where this goes. I hope that GRW2 isn't future soldier like with a bunch of techno gadgets that simply don't exist IRL. I like GRW for its milsim realism. A bunch of wacky technology will be rather off putting. I actually liked how they retconned it in the book(GRW: Dark Waters) that the tech was unstable and had to be abandoned. Oh... Right GRFS is now a separate franchise, and is about to launch the sequel. So of course there is a crossover.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Bone_Frog Go to original post
    We'll see where this goes. I hope that GRW2 isn't future soldier like with a bunch of techno gadgets that simply don't exist IRL. I like GRW for its milsim realism. A bunch of wacky technology will be rather off putting. I actually liked how they retconned it in the book(GRW: Dark Waters) that the tech was unstable and had to be abandoned. Oh... Right GRFS is now a separate franchise, and is about to launch the sequel. So of course there is a crossover.
    Remember the GRFS concept art where Kojak's rifle had an attachment on the front that looked identical to a bottle opener? No wonder GRFS was often called: Ghost Recon: Space Marine, which was an accurate and fitting title.

    Future -> Space
    Soldier -> Marine
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Take your bets, my critical dudes.
    Overpriced skins and broken weapons pack?
    Glitchy and poorly designed mission?
    Breaking more of the base game?
    All of the above?

    I do think it'll be fun to try for nostalgia, but I'm anticipating it won't keep me back on GRW.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    ManticButton's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    694
    Originally Posted by Klaymond Go to original post
    Take your bets, my critical dudes.
    Overpriced skins and broken weapons pack?
    Glitchy and poorly designed mission?
    Breaking more of the base game?
    All of the above?

    I do think it'll be fun to try for nostalgia, but I'm anticipating it won't keep me back on GRW.
    the new ghost war classes are gonna be stupidly op

    also bring back best girl warhound
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Anything is better than the Predator mission but we all know they found the most simple and cheesy way to screw it up nonetheless so... bring it on and lets get jiggy with it.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    I am curious as to how they are going to go about this due to the differences in the technological capabilities between the modern ghosts (Nomad's team) and a futuristic ghost team with damn cloaking technology
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by LiLCJ21500 Go to original post
    I am curious as to how they are going to go about this due to the differences in the technological capabilities between the modern ghosts (Nomad's team) and a futuristic ghost team with damn cloaking technology
    Scott Mitchell is Nomad's commanding officer. Apparently sometime between 2019 and 2024 he get demoted from Lt. Col to Major and manages to retain his command and stay in the Army... That aside my guess would be that the tech is not yet developed fully or that because we are operating without support and the tech is still volatile, we haven't been issued it.
    Share this post

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►