Thread: Protector of Persia quest bug... | Forums

animalpunk1990's Avatar Junior Member

Protector of Persia quest bug...

I was trying to finish the Protector of Persia quest on ac odyssey and it says he went through the crack in the wall and its blocked off where there should be a crack in the wall. Please help

keepthefaith60's Avatar Junior Member
    you need to do the hunted quest only,dont do any other quest or side quests.hope you have a good save point,good luck

Under-DogZ31's Avatar Junior Member
    I've done the same and it's blocked on me aswell and no save point. They should make it clear what to do and in what order. Know can't complete the mission.

Mp0ump1s's Avatar Junior Member

Support Ticket 07497283 for more details

On my first playthrough, it worked fine.
    I did a second playthrough to record, but ever since, the cave entrance has been sealed for me.

I tried to do both ALL missions and side content before it, and just the hunted quests.

At first I assumed it was due to killing all the wolves first on the second playthrough (as it changes the fight in the forest), but having reloaded and retried both ways, I can now confirm it's probably irrelevant.
    Other differences include not killing the civilians at the death tree the second time around, but have reloaded and tried both options.
    I did a step-by step retrace (including decisions and dialogue) of my working playthrough, but it's still sealed.

Other things I tried: Restarted the system (fixed the Order member clue bug for me)
    Fast travelled to the opposite end of the map and back (attempting to reload the area)
    Fast travelled to the opposite end of the map the loaded the buggy save game.
    Replayed the Legacy DLC from the beginning.
    Reinstalled the game from scratch.

The only OTHER difference I could think of, is that on the first playthrough, I had completed the Blind King DLC before LOTFB. On subsequent playthroughs, the only save file I had was one from before the Blind King. Could this be connected somehow?
    It would be helpful to know what trigger states the cave entrance requires to open, so we can try to replicate the conditions on our end.
    Is it dependent on that single mission, or are there other factors that should be taken into account like the Blind King mission?

Thanks.
    Relevant data on the links below.

https://imgur.com/a/V2RqSkp

https://youtu.be/a3UVTF6e7KM

https://youtu.be/c2Bgy3BudzA

Please help me finish my walkthrough! It's the finale for Chrissakes!

Under-DogZ31's Avatar Junior Member
    Are ubisoft doing anything to fix this?

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi guys! This issue was reported to the ACOD team, and they are currently investigating it. We appreciate the reports!

phriendly3's Avatar Junior Member
    I am also experiencing this bug. This is my second time through the DLC and the first time, all went well. I did the quests in basically the same order as the first time, but this time, the cave is blocked on the "Protector of Persia" part. I tried reloading previous saves to no avail. This kinda breaks the game.

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    This issue is set to be resolved in an future update. Any news regarding upcoming changes will be posted on this forum.

Mp0ump1s's Avatar Junior Member
    Does that mean the issue has been identified?

Have any workarounds been suggested?

Ubi-Town's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Mp0ump1s Go to original post
    Does that mean the issue has been identified?

Have any workarounds been suggested?
    It means that from our side, we've managed to resolve this. It will be pushed into a future update for the game. Keep an eye out for official announcements and the patch notes.